Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-03-2007, 18:22   #1
I am Banned

Question Water Bills

Most of you may have now received your bill of charges for this year, usually bills are worked out on the council tax band of your area, i've discovered im paying triple than a band A, surely being in a council property i cant be band C & cant find an old CT bill to find out my band either

My bill is £323.49 for this soley this year with no arears my bill has been remarkably high since i moved here - even cheaper than water meter charges!!!

What is yours for this year even an approximation & what band u are in so i can compare please, so i can ring the water board up tommoz [only just remembered seeing bill so too late to call now] i really think im paying far too much or they have got the wrong band for the area or i could be wrong hence asking the question

Band A - ?
Band B - ?
Band C - ?

TIA
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-03-2007, 18:34   #2
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Water Bills

Check out this Government website and see what band you and your neighbours are in. When it asks just put in postcode with no house number and it will show you all houses with that postcode

What is your postcode - don't give house number as well
Old 13-03-2007, 18:39   #3
I am Banned

Cheers Neil Im apparently Band B, i thought council housed areas was band A
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2007, 18:56   #4
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

It all depends on the value put on the house in 1993 I think it was. A stupid idea but from what I read the Government dare not reassess because of the backlash it would cause. They did it in Wales a few years ago.
Old 13-03-2007, 20:28   #5
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
It all depends on the value put on the house in 1993 I think it was. A stupid idea but from what I read the Government dare not reassess because of the backlash it would cause. They did it in Wales a few years ago.

teh value of a house shoudlnt effect the poor sod renting it , if they want to go off the value of a house the landlord shoudl be resposible for the bill

Last edited by chav1; 13-03-2007 at 20:31.
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2007, 20:33   #6
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Rent a cheaper value house then.

Rent is usually based on property value. If you owned a £50k house and a £100k house you would want more rent from the £100k one.
Old 13-03-2007, 20:49   #7
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Rent a cheaper value house then.

Rent is usually based on property value. If you owned a £50k house and a £100k house you would want more rent from the £100k one.
most peopel who rent cant afford to be choosey where they rent because the councils have sold off all their properties and whats left with cheap rents are owned by housing associations but there are that few left you either rent private or be homeless

why should the value of a house effect the water rates anyway theres only so much water a person can use regardless of how big their house is

everyone should pay the same and it should be a lot less than what it is now , the water companies should be forced to maintain their pipes to reduce losses not just bump up bills
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2007, 20:50   #8
God Member

they are looking to revalue all houses. don't you read teh Daily Mail mate?

If you have added rooms/extentions/conservatories/landscaped gardens, in fact anything that has actually made your house a bit nicer then expect your banding to be changed.

<fx: Ian and Julie look at the extention/conservatory/landscaped gardens that they have saved hard to do and realise they are right royally stuffed>

So much for investing in your house

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2007, 20:52   #9
God Member

thats not true entwisi, my mate em lives on the same street as me, she had the exact same 3 up 2 down that i have, she bought hers, added 3 bedrooms on it, extended the back of the house and the kitchen, even built a swimming pool in her garden and she is still in a band A, pays the same ct that i do, and the same water rates...go figure
Old 13-03-2007, 20:56   #10
God Member

did you miss the bit where I said they are LOOKING to revalue. as in its about to start happening.

Old 13-03-2007, 20:56   #11
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

That is because she has not been rebanded. Wait till she is, she will et a surprise

Go to the site I said and put in my postcode BB5 3EY and see the difference in bands. Most of the houses on my street are very similar.
Old 13-03-2007, 20:58   #12
God Member

she did it 3 years ago
Old 13-03-2007, 20:59   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
thats not true entwisi, my mate em lives on the same street as me, she had the exact same 3 up 2 down that i have, she bought hers, added 3 bedrooms on it, extended the back of the house and the kitchen, even built a swimming pool in her garden and she is still in a band A, pays the same ct that i do, and the same water rates...go figure
Wait till they do the re-value, it'll change then for sure

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2007, 21:02   #14
God Member

Get in touch with the valuation office at Preston and ask them to confirm what the rateable value is of your house. From that we can then work out what UU will charge. It's hard to beleive that a band b property for council tax is twice the water bill of a band a property !!
Old 13-03-2007, 21:03   #15
God Member

Flashy, it doesn't matter when it was done, 1994, 2004 or feb 04th, rebranding will take these differences into account. They are even looking to give the inspectors god given right of entry(at the moment IIRC only Gas board have that right) to take pictures of anything they like (hide that kinky underwear!!!!)

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..