Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2017, 16:02   #16
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Waterloo House, Accrington

Quote:
Originally Posted by landhusweg View Post
Bob,
You were right the first time! Nodge was indeed John Mason. I used to play snooker with him at the Central Billiard hall underneath the “Bug Hut”.
I also got confirmation on this from my Brother and Sister in law. My Sister in law lived at the bottom of Water St. Her maiden name was Margaret Eaton. John Mason attended their wedding as a family friend and I have a group photo where he is on it, which I sent to her the other day.

Cheers
There was a big tall lad at St Johns (bit older than me) Called Roy Mason, everyone at school and oer the manor st area called him Nodge, perhaps him and john were related?
Old 01-03-2017, 19:47   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
There was a big tall lad at St Johns (bit older than me) Called Roy Mason, everyone at school and oer the manor st area called him Nodge, perhaps him and john were related?
I will seek the opinion of Les Bond and Barry Ingham
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 09:40   #18
Senior Member+

Les informs me that John & Roy were brothers, John (Noj or Nojet) being the elder. They lived in Lodge St Both now in their 70s if alive/
Old 02-03-2017, 09:41   #19
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dobson View Post
I will seek the opinion of Les Bond and Barry Ingham
Les certainly knew Roy bob, in fact think they were mates way back.
Old 02-03-2017, 09:43   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dobson View Post
Les informs me that John & Roy were brothers, John (Noj or Nojet) being the elder. They lived in Lodge St Both now in their 70s if alive/
I knew he lived in the Manor St area but couldn't recall which street,
Old 02-03-2017, 19:08   #21
Senior Member+

I've found a Mrs Jonathan Ormerod living at 'Waterloo' in 1858.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..