Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree73Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2011, 11:22   #2221
God Member

Re: weather??

We have had our first storm this morning -no hailstones luckily. Plenty of thunder and lightening and a decent downpour -like stair-rods! First rain since June so it's quite an event. It's very blustery out now,(no cycling today) but the views of the Alps are fab...

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-10-2011, 11:24   #2222
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
During one of my trips to Lake Garda there was storm which came fast, uprooted palm trees and sank a boat. It happened during the serving of dinner and the waiters had to leave the restaurant and move fast to bring in the outdoor furniture.
The storms on Garda are famous for their spectacularity. They clear the air amazingly and you get fantastic views after them. It is my favourite area of Italy...

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 07-10-2011, 17:57   #2223
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
During one of my trips to Lake Garda there was storm which came fast, uprooted palm trees and sank a boat. It happened during the serving of dinner and the waiters had to leave the restaurant and move fast to bring in the outdoor furniture.
Was that between the main course and desert Margaret
Old 07-10-2011, 18:28   #2224
God Member

Undoubtledly after the dessert if she invoked it herself...

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 09-10-2011, 14:36   #2225
God Member

Baeutiful day here today -been out for over an hour on my bike -through the village and down the country lanes past the 14thC Castle (which gives my village of Castleverde it's name), down past the air-field where they were parachute jumping, round the corner where the old water mill is and then back along the canal through the Elm wood and along to the farm (15km round trip so I'm feeling very virtuous indeed!). Luckily it's flat as a pancake where we live as I can't do hill cycling.
The sun is shining, blue skies, 20°C (so a bit cooler) and fab views one way to the Alps , the other way to the Apenine hills beyond Piacenza. Glorious.

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 09-10-2011, 15:14   #2226
Beacon of light

It has wazzed it down here for the past two days.
Grey and gloomy, just the kind of weather to put me into hibernation mode.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 15:18   #2227
God Member

Comfort food weather Margaret -may i suggest a nice home-made Rice-pudding?

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 09-10-2011, 17:33   #2228
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
It has wazzed it down here for the past two days.
Grey and gloomy, just the kind of weather to put me into hibernation mode.
I think the other Margaret and myself will be contemplating that very shortly
Old 10-10-2011, 18:01   #2229
God Member

23c .... clear ..... light breeze .... gorgeous day

And it's Thanksgiving ...
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 20:08   #2230
Beacon of light

Wazzed it down again all flippin' day.

The path up to Ma's was a squelchy quagmire of slippery mud.......with dog crap hidden in the fallen leaves.....Niiiiiiiiice!
Old 10-10-2011, 20:29   #2231
God Member

Quote:

The path up to Ma's was a squelchy quagmire of slippery mud.......with dog crap hidden in the fallen leaves.....Niiiiiiiiice!
Sorry Margaret -it was lovely here again today, apart from a horrible dental visit which has left me wondering why we pay them a fortune for what they do to us- Hopefully it will settle down in a few days! Love the expression "Wazzing it down" think you should copy-write it! Comfort food of the day:

Anything with custard! Yummy!

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 10-10-2011, 21:39   #2232
God Member

Quote:

Sounds like slutch to me Sorry to inform you that the weather here has been fantastic for the last few days. But, with snow in Alberta and Nova Scotia ... I don't think it will last. But, will def enjoy it while it's here
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 22:05   #2233
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Sounds like slutch to me Sorry to inform you that the weather here has been fantastic for the last few days. But, with snow in Alberta and Nova Scotia ... I don't think it will last. But, will def enjoy it while it's here

Yes, Eric, it was slutch...and enjoy your balmy autumn days......I'm pretty sure they will fade fast.
It has been dark here for most of the day......not good is it? And then in just a couple of weeks we will be messing around with the clocks again.......Roll on March!
Old 10-10-2011, 22:09   #2234
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Sorry Margaret -it was lovely here again today, apart from a horrible dental visit which has left me wondering why we pay them a fortune for what they do to us- Hopefully it will settle down in a few days! Love the expression "Wazzing it down" think you should copy-write it! Comfort food of the day:

Anything with custard! Yummy!
Jam roly poly...or perhaps treacle tart, or syrup sponge....or better yet Cabinet pudding.

I have given up making puds now......there are only the two of us, and himself much prefers strawberries and ice cream....all year round........I'm not fond of strawberries........so I do without pud.

My lips want it, but my hips don't!
Old 11-10-2011, 08:56   #2235
Resting in Peace

Looks like we have two weather sadists now one in Canada and one in Italy

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..