Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree73Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2011, 12:54   #2236
God Member

Re: weather??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Jam roly poly...or perhaps treacle tart, or syrup sponge....or better yet Cabinet pudding.
That's a new one on me -Cabinet pudding -not political i hope...

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-10-2011, 12:56   #2237
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Looks like we have two weather sadists now one in Canada and one in Italy
Yes, I'm afraid so - just to add salt to the wound, it's gorgeous here today , blue skies, sunshine, butterflies everywhere, people still out in T-shirts and no central heating yet...

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 11-10-2011, 13:46   #2238
God Member

Still a little cool ... 14c ... but it will warm up this afternoon to about 22c ... clear skies again with a light breeze out of the SW The trees are really starting to turn ... Oh, and the hockey season has started We do have some light rain in the forecast for the next couple of days; but it looks like above average temperatures for at least the next two weeks. However, things can change real quick.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 13:58   #2239
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
... Oh, and the hockey season has started .
I thought Canada was supposed to be a rugged, frontier country and it's subjects (note: not citizens) of the same ilk. Why, then are you so excited about a girls game?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 14:07   #2240
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
That's a new one on me -Cabinet pudding -not political i hope...
No not a bit political at all.
Slices of Swiss roll, layered in an ovenproof dish.......each layer sprinkled with a selection of dried fruit(which must include glace cherries, angelica and dried pineapple...some golden sultana's and chopped apricots.......then pour over the layers a good egg custard and bake in a water bath in a medium oven until the top is crusty and brown and yields to the touch(just a little).
Serve hot or cold with cream, ice cream or custard........absolutely delicious!

A bit like a bread pudding, but made with cake!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 15:36   #2241
God Member

Sounds lovely - I do something similar with left-over Panettone (Italian Xmas cake)...just as well I'm getting out on my bike lately or I'll be piling on weight with the thought of all these lovely things to eat!

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 11-10-2011, 16:49   #2242
Beacon of light

Panettone makes an excellent bread and butter pudding. I wait until the shops are selling them off cheaply and then I buy them...other than that I used the fruit bread they sell in Lidl for my bread and butter pudding....with lost of extra fruit of course and a bit of marmalade too.
Really good grub to keep out the cold!
Old 11-10-2011, 17:02   #2243
God Member

Right now i'd give anything to eat some Rhubarb crumble (with a hint of ginger) and custard - all this talk of food and I'm getting cravings....

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 11-10-2011, 17:07   #2244
Beacon of light

Can't you get rhubarb in Italy?
Old 11-10-2011, 17:46   #2245
Resting in Peace

Ya know ya can really go off people, you two are getting as bad as vera over in Spain, taunting us about the weather

Last edited by jaysay; 11-10-2011 at 17:50.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 18:47   #2246
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
I thought Canada was supposed to be a rugged, frontier country and it's subjects (note: not citizens) of the same ilk. Why, then are you so excited about a girls game?
horror check - YouTube

Way to go girls
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 20:26   #2247
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Can't you get rhubarb in Italy?
i once planted it and it took over the plot -not easy to find here -love a Rhubarb fool too!

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 11-10-2011, 20:27   #2248
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Ya know ya can really go off people, you two are getting as bad as vera over in Spain, taunting us about the weather
Don't mean to taunt -only to share!!!! Sorry J -close your eyes and join me...!

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 11-10-2011, 20:30   #2249
Beacon of light

I can have sunny weather anytime I want......all I have to do is get out the pics of Oz...though not the ones taken in Sydney....it rained for five days on the trot......we were only there for five days.
Old 11-10-2011, 20:50   #2250
Beacon of light

Oh Yes, and for those of y ou who are in foreign climes......it is still Wazzing it down and has been nearly all day........about 20 minutes of demi sec during this afternoon.

I can feel the S.A.D. creeping up on me right now! gimme bread, crisps, spuds.....NOW!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..