Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree73Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2011, 22:45   #2251
God Member

Re: weather??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Oh Yes, and for those of y ou who are in foreign climes......it is still Wazzing it down and has been nearly all day........about 20 minutes of demi sec during this afternoon.

I can feel the S.A.D. creeping up on me right now! gimme bread, crisps, spuds.....NOW!
Ok, hon, the "wazzing" I get ... but S.A.D And be careful with the chips ... oops, sorry, "crisps" .... the Danes now have a fat tax; so, it won't be long before you guys have one.

Oh, and the weather is still drop dead gorgeous here. Have a nice day, eh.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-10-2011, 00:37   #2252
Senior Member+

Just got back from Aruba, gorgeous 30 deg, back to a cool damp 14 deg of B.C. The daughter and grand daughter, who came with us, have gone back to the Yukon and snow, quite a switch.
ossy kid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 00:59   #2253
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
horror check - YouTube

Way to go girls
Faggot stuff.

I've seen more violence in one of these rhubard custards that some of the fools on here seem to be talking about.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 06:07   #2254
Beacon of light

Eric....Seasonal Affective Disorder....lack of light. Causes some people to prepare for hibernation.....gorge on carbs, feel lethargic, want to sleep the day through, low mood in some people......generally feeling 'wazzed off'. It is reversible by exposing the individuals to periods of intense light.....or wintering in the southern hemisphere......which is what I did for 10 years. Bliss!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 06:08   #2255
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Faggot stuff.

I've seen more violence in one of these rhubard custards that some of the fools on here seem to be talking about.

Takes one to know one!
Old 12-10-2011, 09:01   #2256
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I can have sunny weather anytime I want......all I have to do is get out the pics of Oz...though not the ones taken in Sydney....it rained for five days on the trot......we were only there for five days.
Unfortueatley I can only look out my window, which this morning is telling me I should have stayed in bed
Old 12-10-2011, 09:12   #2257
Beacon of light

Dire is the word for it.
I got drowned doing the school walk this morning. I looked like I'd p'd my pants they were that wet.

Yes....hibernation is looking more promising by the minute.
Old 12-10-2011, 09:32   #2258
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Dire is the word for it.
I got drowned doing the school walk this morning. I looked like I'd p'd my pants they were that wet.

Yes....hibernation is looking more promising by the minute.
Well Wednesday is usually the day I attack Accrington, but its of today, could get out tomorrow of an hour if the forecasts right, but hibernation looks just round the corner for me too Margaret
Old 12-10-2011, 11:14   #2259
God Member

Sorry to hear that it's still bad in Accy. It's lovely here - just been out watering my Geraniums which are still flowering this year...Will think of you all later as i go for burn on my daily bike ride!

To quote Billy Connolly "I hate all those weathermen, too, who tell you that rain is bad weather. There's no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothing, so get yourself a sexy raincoat and live a little. "

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 12:15   #2260
Beacon of light

I don't think a sexy raincoat would do it for me, I would have to be dancing stark naked in front of the town hall to even get a side long glance(!)......anyway the damp is playing havoc with my hips and knees.

The only way you can stay dry in this type of rain is to be on one of those Zorb plastic bubbles.
Old 12-10-2011, 12:40   #2261
Senior Member+

horrible weather, we're staying in with the radiators on nice and toasty, until tomorrow when Grace wants to go to playgroup

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 13:09   #2262
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossy kid View Post
Just got back from Aruba, gorgeous 30 deg, back to a cool damp 14 deg of B.C. The daughter and grand daughter, who came with us, have gone back to the Yukon and snow, quite a switch.
A little cooler and overcast here too ... but you should be used to rain out on the coast Love the Yukon and the NWT ... somewhere I have to go again before I shuffle off this mortal coil
Old 12-10-2011, 13:12   #2263
God Member

Quote:
Takes one to know one!
Just pity the poor lad ... it took him days to come up with that response ... one should have sympathy for those not dealing from a full deck
Old 12-10-2011, 13:42   #2264
God Member

Quote:
I don't think a sexy raincoat would do it for me, I would have to be dancing stark naked in front of the town hall to even get a side long glance(!)......anyway the damp is playing havoc with my hips and knees.

The only way you can stay dry in this type of rain is to be on one of those Zorb plastic bubbles.
"Dancing stark naked in front of the town hall" .... neat way of getting global coverage on You-Tube

Looks like Wiki suggests eating lots of fish .... I remember that fish goes well with chips; so that should take care of the carbs as well. And humans can't hibernate. Unlike bears et. al. they can't lower the body's core temperature and still breathe and maintain brain function. (Some people, Tealeaf is a good example, can't seem to maintain brain function even with a normal core temperature). Saw a show on tv about that just last nite: William Shatner's "Weird or What"?

However, I think what you guys have is "weather wimpism" ... a condition which can be avoided by getting out and enjoying winter. Here's what we do in K'town in February, the most depressing month of our long winter:

Welcome to Feb Fest, Kingston ON, Canada

By the way, Beaver Tails are loaded with carbs
Old 12-10-2011, 14:10   #2265
Beacon of light

The YouTube coverage, well that would be a bit scary.

I know that humans can't hibernate in the true sense of the word...but we can go into 'lethargy mode'....probably as a resullt of the carbs.

I don't mind cold weather......the kind where you get that endless blue sky and wonderful light off the snow. In fact the last two winters when we have had a covering of snow that lasted for a few weeks meant that my S.A.D. was not as bad as usual.
I try to get out into the daylight (whatever the weather) every day....and usually that is easy.....school walk morning and afternoon sees to that. Get my vitamin D from the sunlight. A very underestimated vitamin.

It is the kind of day where it never really gets truly light that I am referring to........and if that is weather wimpism, then I have to stand up and say 'guilty, as charged'.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..