Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree73Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-11-2011, 15:33   #2356
Senior Member+

Re: weather??

The kids are coming down from Whitehorse this weekend to watch the Grey Cup, Canadian football final, -38 in Whitehorse, 18" of snow already and they want us to go up for Christmas?????? I,m heading to Mexico.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-11-2011, 16:50   #2357
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

The radio said it was that foggy this morning the southern fairies could not fly.
That probably means visibility was down to 1/2 a mile
Old 21-11-2011, 18:07   #2358
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Winter draws on, Eric...

Time to hibernate...
I've been doing that for years susie, but these days I've no choice
Old 21-11-2011, 18:08   #2359
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by vera View Post
The rain has been falling for 3 days now, except for a few hours break. Looks like winter has arrived early this year. Roll on March when the sun gets his hat on again.
Oh so sorry to hear that vera
Old 22-11-2011, 16:38   #2360
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossy kid View Post
The kids are coming down from Whitehorse this weekend to watch the Grey Cup, Canadian football final, -38 in Whitehorse, 18" of snow already and they want us to go up for Christmas?????? I,m heading to Mexico.
I suppose you will be cheering for the Lions ... Me, I'm a Roughrider fan; but as they didn't show up to play this season, I will be a temporary Blue Bomber fan for the Grey Cup game ... it's a Prairie thing
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2011, 18:05   #2361
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I suppose you will be cheering for the Lions ... Me, I'm a Roughrider fan; but as they didn't show up to play this season, I will be a temporary Blue Bomber fan for the Grey Cup game ... it's a Prairie thing
Hope the weather stays fine for it
Old 22-11-2011, 21:36   #2362
Senior Member+

Looks like the snow will have gone for the game {just to stay on track** it,s an enclosed stadium anyway. Yes, will be hoping the Lions pull it off, it,s a Pacific thing! I,ll put a pint on them.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2011, 14:43   #2363
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossy kid View Post
Looks like the snow will have gone for the game {just to stay on track** it,s an enclosed stadium anyway. Yes, will be hoping the Lions pull it off, it,s a Pacific thing! I,ll put a pint on them.
You're on .... with a shot of Crown Royal on the side
Old 23-11-2011, 14:46   #2364
God Member

And today we are having our first snowfall But if the long range forecast is correct, it will be above normal temps until my birthday. The geese have been hanging around in their thousands ... still even have swans on the lake ...
Old 23-11-2011, 14:54   #2365
God Member

Quote:
Winter draws on, Eric...

Time to hibernate...
Nah ... We're Canadians We know we are going to have winter; so most folks get out and enjoy it ... kids love it ... And we have hockey, skating, curling, snow shoeing, cross country skiing, and for those adventurous souls with less brittle bodies than mine, skiing, snowboarding. We even have something in K'town called Febfest, where we get out and enjoy the worst of the winter.

Feb Fest Begins in Downtown Kingston [in 3D] | Kingston Herald
Old 23-11-2011, 15:03   #2366
God Member

Feb fest looks great fun - enjoy a skate myself but need knee pads on - we have an outdoor rink in one of the main squares in Cremona in December.

Crown Royal is a favourite of my husbands after visiting the Royal Winter Fair in Toronto several times -that and morning coffees with Baileys -keeps the cold at bay!

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2011, 15:09   #2367
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Nah ... We're Canadians We know we are going to have winter; so most folks get out and enjoy it ... kids love it ... And we have hockey, skating, curling, snow shoeing, cross country skiing, and for those adventurous souls with less brittle bodies than mine, skiing, snowboarding. We even have something in K'town called Febfest, where we get out and enjoy the worst of the winter.

Feb Fest Begins in Downtown Kingston [in 3D] | Kingston Herald
If we had real winter here I would enjoy it too but the slightest bit of snow seems to completely throw most people...
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2011, 15:12   #2368
God Member

Here lovely afternoon, sunny all day -went along the canal through the Emwood, still mild and very autumny...took a few pics!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN4486.jpg (550.4 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN4488.jpg (571.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN4489.jpg (560.2 KB, 2 views)

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 23-11-2011, 15:16   #2369
God Member

Quote:
If we had real winter here I would enjoy it too but the slightest bit of snow seems to completely throw most people...
They are really used to snow over in Canada and are experts at dealing with and living with it.
We are near the Alps here too so usually get snow -everyone has to have snow-tyres fitted from Nov -March here or have chains for the tyres. You get a fine if they stop you and you aren't kitted out.
With the UK usually having milder winters it does seem to create havoc when you get a decent snow-fall -i remember all those people stranded on a M'way in Scotland last year....

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 23-11-2011, 15:26   #2370
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Here lovely afternoon, sunny all day -went along the canal through the Emwood, still mild and very autumny...took a few pics!
Mobertol, looks lovely, with walks like that I wouldn't think you miss England too much.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..