Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree73Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2015, 13:30   #2461
God Member

Re: weather??

Clearing snow from the railroad tracks Canadian style

Accyexplorer likes this.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-02-2015, 13:59   #2462
God Member

I guess this says it all:

Alerts for: Kingston - Prince Edward - Environment Canada
Old 15-02-2015, 13:43   #2463
God Member

Looks like we are in for daytime highs in the -30 to -40 range ... "Normal" is around -3. Time to bundle up and/or keep the rum handy.
Old 15-02-2015, 14:05   #2464
Beacon of light

and make sure the critters are indoors.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2015, 15:18   #2465
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Not worried about mine ... but there's a large feral cat colony in the 'hood, and maybe a couple of strays. I can see their footprints around the cat food I put out. And all of us around here honk their horns before starting their vehicles just in case some animal is taking shelter under the hood.
Old 15-02-2015, 15:30   #2466
Beacon of light

I hope they have found somewhere warm and are holing up till the temp comes up a bit.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2015, 13:56   #2467
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Some of them want to go outside:

Old 02-03-2015, 14:03   #2468
God Member

Well we did it! Went thru the whole month of February without the temperature's going above zero The coldest Fevrier on record for Kingston. And it's still not warming up. Good news is, it might reach +1 on Wednesday ... bad news: a storm coming in tonite and tomorrow. The only thing worse than the weather? The Toronto Maple Laughs.
Old 05-03-2015, 19:00   #2469
God Member

Rejoice! Yesterday, for the first time in a month and a half, the temp shot above zero It made it all the way up to 1c. Back down to -10 today. But spring is coming.
Turtle likes this.
Old 05-03-2015, 22:36   #2470
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Rejoice! Yesterday, for the first time in a month and a half, the temp shot above zero It made it all the way up to 1c. Back down to -10 today. But spring is coming.
Just the one duckdown duvet then
"Science has never drummed up quite as effective a tranquilizing agent as a sunny spring day"

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 00:56   #2471

Wednesday was a glorious treat for us here in southern Ontario. As Eric says we revelled in above zero temps for a day. The night chilled down dramatically though to minus 20. I was awakened by several very loud booming noises. It was my roof rafters reacting to the sudden temperature change.
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 03:52   #2472

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Eric, whatever makes you want to live in a country with weather like that.
Aussie Irene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 07:10   #2473

Anyone else here hate hot weather . I hate summer with a passion : the same since being a kid. I love October onwards !
westendlass and Accyexplorer like this.
Bolton in Ossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 13:18   #2474
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Irene View Post
Eric, whatever makes you want to live in a country with weather like that.
Exactly what I say when I read of temps down there going up into the 40s And it ain't all that bad really. Today it's -10; but it will rise to 0c. And as you well know, living in the colonies ain't just about the weather. Like you, I probably wouldn't want to live (as opposed to "visit") anywhere other than where I am right now.

And both Canada and Australia rank in the top ten "Happiest Countries in the World." ... If it weren't for the weather, we would be ecstatic ... And that might get uncomfortable after a while.
Turtle likes this.
Old 12-04-2015, 13:27   #2475
God Member

What a beautiful morning! Sunny, clear, and 4 degrees ... that's on the plus side Had my morning Timmy's on my back deck ... laced, liberally, with some rum my buddy brought back from Cuba, (nothing like an early start) along with a whole bunch of Montecristos I might even bbq today as it looks as if it will hit double digits. What to eat? Bambi burgers sound good ... maybe a lake trout. Whatever, it's great to sit outside watching the squirrels bark at my dog ... maybe I should tell them she's deaf.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..