Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-01-2005, 13:59   #1

Lightbulb Wedding Photos

Can anyone recommed a good (cheapish!) wedding photographer, i have been quoted by garth dawson, but its really dear and i'm on a budget!!!!!
Old 30-01-2005, 14:53   #2
Resident Waffler

Re: Wedding Photos

Have you tried Ray Royle? He does a cheapish package deal but it's a case of what you get is what you get as he ONLY takes the few, not loads and then you pick a few from them.

There's also Trevor Adams but I don't think he's cheap.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2005, 21:58   #3

Another idea is just to have about four or five different people with digital cameras there. My friend had this and they were just as good as a professional once they had been printed off.
Just out of interest how much were Garth Dawson charging?
Old 01-02-2005, 18:53   #4

I had mine done by Anthony Braithwaite of Colne last year. His website http://website.lineone.net/~anthony.braithwaite/
Ryewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 18:57   #5
Senior Member+

yeah i agree just get as many family and friends with the digey cameras sounds cheapest way to me
Old 01-02-2005, 20:28   #6

Pixie, i went to garth dawson and cheapest package was £800, i don't get it though, why so much for pictures?!
Old 01-02-2005, 20:32   #7

ryewolf thanks for the recommedation, those prices are more what i'm looking for, gonna give him a call! thanks again x
Old 01-02-2005, 22:50   #8
Resident Waffler

If he can't fit you in I'll let you know how good Ray Royle's are as he's doing ours in May.

Old 01-02-2005, 22:59   #9
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemz 1
Pixie, i went to garth dawson and cheapest package was £800, i don't get it though, why so much for pictures?!
You aren't just paying for 30 or 40 photos or even for the extra film used you are paying the photographer's time and some of their hourly rates are incredible if they have a known "name". Garth Dawson studios is famous in Accy and has an excellent reputation.

Also, most photographers will take far more pics than you eventually buy and you choose the ones you want from a set of proofs from which they may already have eliminated ones which they don't feel come up to scratch. So in effect they are also charging to cover the "wastage"

The type of equipment used isn't just your basic point and shoot digi cam either because they have to be capable of being enlarged to impressive sizes for people who want large pics to hang on the wall.

By contrast Ray Royle's budget wedding package is simple. He takes one set of photos (34 I think) and they go in an album. Those are the only ones. No proofs to select from. That's it. Plus one of them framed at 10x8 size. You may say you gets what you pays for. That costs £326 including album.

Old 02-02-2005, 18:26   #10
land of hope and glory

ask less are mick, maybe both it will only cost you about £200 and a few beers!
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 21:41   #11

Funny how the cost of things shoots right up as soon as you mention the "W" word.
Old 02-02-2005, 23:22   #12
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by staggeringman
ask less are mick, maybe both it will only cost you about £200 and a few beers!
Sorry Staggers I'm not a photographer Mick is, he just lets me help 'cos I'm cheaper than a tripod.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 15:20   #13
Resting in peace

When my daughter got married, she put the one-use cameras out for everyone, I think about four to a table, and let people take pictures themselves. The results were pretty good. The official photographs were taken by a friend who did it at cost.

If you have a friend with a camera (and Mick is good), then ask them to do the official wedding photographs, but some of the best ones are the unofficial ones.

Wonder what Patrick Lichfield charges?
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 11:25   #14
Resting in Peace

Hi gemz 1
if you would like i will come to the wedding and take some pics for you but also get a
photographer to take some too.
if you pm me with the dates times and venue i will sort it from there

cost:- a jambutty and a brew ho and a pint or 2

Last edited by Mick; 11-02-2005 at 11:26.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 11:28   #15
Resting in peace

Funnily enough, yesterday I got an e-mail from a chap called Robin Stanley, a photographer who has worked for Harpers & Queen and Hardy Amies - big names. His general quote was £300 for half a day and £500 for a full day, which makes Garth Dawson look very expensive indeed - especially as this man is a London photographer with a known name.

Could you try just having a studio portrait done of both of you in your wedding togs? That might be cheaper.
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..