Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2005, 15:16   #1

Wedding venues

Looking for some ideas in Accrington and the surrounding areas. I don't really want the Dunk or Sparth House - just somewhere nice that can host a wedding meal + evening do.
Old 09-01-2005, 15:26   #2
God Member

Re: Wedding venues

higher trap at simonstone is a good place

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 17:56   #3
Senior Member+

the upstairs of jans conference hall is really nice - i had mine there...

esp once its done up
Old 09-01-2005, 20:23   #4

Calf,s Head at Worston, Nr Clitheroe is a nice place. Or hirer a club and have outside catering in. Suppose it depends how many guests there will be.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 07:31   #5

We are looking at about 25/30 for the meal and about 150 for the evening reception. So I suppose it could be a club, or even two separate venues. I just don't know where to start looking.
Old 10-01-2005, 08:39   #6
mez
God Member

whittikers arms burnley rd., for the reception, king st, pub for the evening reception, i'll try to think of some more ok hope this helps.
Old 10-01-2005, 09:44   #7

Hmmmm...whitaker arms I do like. King St is a no no as my partners brother had his there and I wasn;t too keen on it. Thanks mez!
Old 10-01-2005, 09:48   #8
Wez

The Wellsprings in Pendle Hill is a nice place, it may be a little awkward to get to/from though but it's certainly worth considering, hope this helps!!

(B’s Bar The Wellsprings, 01200 427722, Wellsprings Inn/Clitheroe Rd, Sabden, Clitheroe, Lancashire BB7 9HN)
Old 10-01-2005, 09:50   #9
Wez

..Incidentally are you a Pixies fan?
Old 10-01-2005, 10:04   #10

LOL...no the nickname refers to my height more than anything else.

Thank you for all the suggestions so far. I should add we are**edit** NOT **edit** looking to spend a massive amount of money. Whilst I don't want a cheap and nasty wedding, it certainly doesn't have to be up to "Hello" standards.

Last edited by -pixie; 10-01-2005 at 16:10.
-pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 10:26   #11
mez
God Member

a few more for yu that even do cival ceramanys ; mytton fold farm, millstone, foxfields, scaitcliffe hall todmorden, & the old hall todmorden.sorry spelling up spout this morn (must staart drinkin again )ha ha ha
Old 10-01-2005, 16:09   #12

Does anyone know what the pub near the whitakers arms is called and whats it like?
Old 10-01-2005, 16:27   #13
God Member

Whats it matter where the venue is? A good wedding bash is where all where all the wedding guests end up well oiled and could'nt care where they are...besides which, if there's a fight and the place gets thrashed you'll only have more money to pay.

I seem to recall a few years ago someone had their wedding do in the cafe in ASDA. They must have been pretty desperate.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 16:29   #14
I am Band

Thumbs up Re: Wedding venues

Lettie and I can certainly vouch for the Whittakers Arms on Burnley Road. We have been there for our Sunday lunch for the last two weeks. The carvery at £6.95 per head is very good value for money, and is open to abuse as you can keep going back for more.

We have been in the Whittakers Arms when wedding receptions have been in full swing. Why not try out the food on a Sunday and have a chat with the landlady. I think you will be impressed.

Another good point in favour of the Whittakers is the fact that they serve real beer, which i'm sure some of your guests would thank you for.

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!

Last edited by Sparkologist; 10-01-2005 at 16:32.
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 16:30   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkologist
Lettie and I can certainly vouch for the Whittakers Arms on Burnley Road. We have been there for our Sunday lunch for the last two weeks. The carvery at £6.95 per head is very good value for money, and is open to abuse as you can keep going back for more.

We have been in the Whittakers Arms when wedding receptions have been in full swing. Why not try out the food on a Sunday and have a chat with the landlady. I think you will be impressed.
Yes, but did you have a fight?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..