Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2007, 13:46   #1
I am Banned

What are they doing to.......

....... the fields at the side of the sports centre?
tadah is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-01-2007, 15:26   #2
God Member

Re: What are they doing to.......

erm i never realised there where any fields at the side of the sportsy
Old 10-01-2007, 12:34   #3

I noticed on Monday fenced off Bradshaw Street on the Church side. Have they done the same on Wesley Street/Countess Street?
Bradshaw Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 13:23   #4
God Member

I think this is the small park that is being developed on the site; details are there on the HBC website. I don't know if any decision has been made on whether to partially uncover the culverted Antley Syke or not.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 15:43   #5
Resident Waffler

A small park as in flowers? It would be nice if they do uncover the water - OK so it's not the Oak Street site that I keep going on about but it's similar. Maybe when they see how nice it looks they'll make one in the town centre too.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 15:45   #6
God Member

I don't know a lot about it so please don't ask me tons of questions but REMADE are doing some work.

See link to REMADE's site

http://www.lancashire.gov.uk/environ...shawstreet.asp

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 15:49   #7
Senior Member+

I like the look of design option 2. I've always thought a lot could be done with that site, its been empty as long as I can remember.
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 15:54   #8
Resident Waffler

What a shame they chose Option 1. I like Option 2 best - none of them feature any water though.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 16:03   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
I think this is the small park that is being developed on the site; details are there on the HBC website. I don't know if any decision has been made on whether to partially uncover the culverted Antley Syke or not.
Antley Syke - the little stream that used to run through the Pens that were there? I never knew it was called that. Nice one - Ta
Old 10-01-2007, 16:11   #10
God Member

Spent loads of time on there when I was a kid, did there used to be some garages down there or was it huts on the pens i'm thinking of? there used to be a small terraced row down thee too, back of the printers and the pub, anyone remember the name of it? I only remember them being derelict but I remember jumping out of the upstairs window as the police were coming up the stairs
I remember the big house that used to be behind Bradshaw St too (it seemed big then, might not have been ) used to have a large tree in the back garden - willow?, think it was demolished when they built the new Sacred heart school
Bradshaw boy, has that name got anything to do with Bradshaw St?

www.ubuntu.com

Last edited by K.S.H; 10-01-2007 at 16:18.
K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 16:19   #11

[quote=K.S.H;364974]Spent loads of time on there when I was a kid, did there used to be some garages down there or was it huts on the pens i'm thinking of? there used to be a small terraced row down thee too, back of the printers and the pub, anyone remember the name of it? I only remember them being derelict but I remember jumping out of the upstairs window as the police were coming up the stairs
Bradshaw boy, has that name got anything to do with Bradshaw St?[/quote

yep - born and brought up in the little house on Bradshaw Street (actually a hovel really) 'til we moved up the hill to Bradshaw Street West (a slightly
bigger hovel)
The street was called Croft Street. There was a garage down the bottom of the slope opposite the row I lived on and huts in the pens. I bloke called Emile (Emil?) lived down the bottom of the Croft (as it was known) and kept geese in one of the pens I think.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:23   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradshaw Boy View Post

yep - born and brought up in the little house on Bradshaw Street (actually a hovel really) 'til we moved up the hill to Bradshaw Street West (a slightly
bigger hovel)
The street was called Croft Street. There was a garage down the bottom of the slope opposite the row I lived on and huts in the pens. I bloke called Emile (Emil?) lived down the bottom of the Croft (as it was known) and kept geese in one of the pens I think.
When did you move away from that area? I lived round there from 61 to about 82

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 14:57   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H View Post
When did you move away from that area? I lived round there from 61 to about 82
Moved from BS to BSW in the summer of 1964 when I was 6. Parents lived on BSW until they moved to Swiss St in 1984.
I used to play in the garden of the big house - my mate's Grandma lived there - she was called Mrs Aspin
Old 18-01-2007, 14:09   #14

They seem to have picked the most boring design of the 3.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..