Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-02-2012, 08:43   #1
Resting in Peace

What do you dunk

They were saying on TV this morning that the old favorite biscuits are dying out and new fancy biscuits are taking over, do you still like suggestive digestives, Fig biscuits, rich tea, Bourbons, ginger snaps, to me you can beat the old ones, but the new cookies are okay for a change
Old 28-02-2012, 08:58   #2
Resting In Peace

Re: What do you dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
They were saying on TV this morning that the old favorite biscuits are dying out and new fancy biscuits are taking over, do you still like suggestive digestives, Fig biscuits, rich tea, Bourbons, ginger snaps, to me you can beat the old ones, but the new cookies are okay for a change
The fancy ones are taking over because they are more heavily promoted and make more money for the manufacturers.

I like digestives, fig rolls, Bourbons, Nice, fruit shortcake... but I DON'T dunk them. Can't bear that sludge in the bottom of the cup... Yuk!
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2012, 09:12   #3
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
The fancy ones are taking over because they are more heavily promoted and make more money for the manufacturers.

I like digestives, fig rolls, Bourbons, Nice, fruit shortcake... but I DON'T dunk them. Can't bear that sludge in the bottom of the cup... Yuk!
With you on that one Susie,Reminds me of being the last to get a swig out of the pop bottle when I was younger.

Turns my stomach. All them bits floating about.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2012, 09:22   #4
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Happy days at school, the daily ritual for the bullies at school to dunk the nerds head first in the toilet and flush it.
My mates and I always looked like it had been raining and gave off the pungent aroma of san izal disinfectant as we dried out.

Also used to turn my stomach, all those bits floating about.

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2012, 12:38   #5
Rest in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Breakfast for as long as I can remember three plain McVities digestive biscuits, pot of coffee, then the tablets.
claytonx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2012, 12:51   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I dunk gingers only cos me false teeth are crap fer biting em.
Old 28-02-2012, 13:09   #7
God Member

My dunking days are almost over.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2012, 13:15   #8
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Happy days at school, the daily ritual for the bullies at school to dunk the nerds head first in the toilet and flush it.
My mates and I always looked like it had been raining and gave off the pungent aroma of san izal disinfectant as we dried out.

Also used to turn my stomach, all those bits floating about.

Less you would have had some karma for that if I hadn't already given you some today
Old 28-02-2012, 13:17   #9
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonx View Post
Breakfast for as long as I can remember three plain McVities digestive biscuits, pot of coffee, then the tablets.
Love digestives for breakfast, they're great.

Recently someone brought out some special breakfast biscuits, ten times the price and not a patch on McVities.
Old 28-02-2012, 13:31   #10
Beacon of light

Never keen on digestives, but I love fig rolls, garibaldi biscuits, fruit shortcake, custard creams, rich tea, Marie biscuits......all the oldies...but I don't dunk........what is the point of a nice crisp biscuit dunked into something to make it soggy....I don't get it.
Soggy biscuits...soft biscuits, get given to the birds.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2012, 13:43   #11
God Member

Am a big fan of malted milk biscuits myself -and one supermarket stocks them in Cremona

They are great to dunk -but I only dip 'em quick, so as to avoid sludgy tea

Used to like coconut creams too -do they still have them?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg maltedmilk.jpg (101.1 KB, 0 views)

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2012, 13:45   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Love digestives for breakfast, they're great.

Recently someone brought out some special breakfast biscuits, ten times the price and not a patch on McVities.
McVities are undoubtedly the best digestives -they are great with jam on or to eat with cheese!

Hobnobs are nice too!

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 28-02-2012, 13:53   #13
God Member

Jaffa cakes were a big fave in our house, though they were seen as a luxuryand are not really dunkable!

Walker's shortbread are good too -shame to dunk them though...

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 28-02-2012, 14:01   #14
Beacon of light

Never liked hob-nobs........don't like oats in any shape or form......they should be reserved for horses......yes, I know they are good for you...but I can't stand them.

I don't know about coconut creams but they do Nice creams.......they are similar I suppose.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2012, 14:06   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Oh ive always been very fond of me oats.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..