Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-10-2006, 02:36   #31
God Member

Re: What makes this a good forum

About - not on here
information feedback and help - not copied, there is no information on here.
Introduce yourself - was newbies on the old forum i went on so not off here.
Map - lots of sites have a frappr map not unique to here.
3 local boards - unique to me, not even the other forum down here has those boards.
Local history - unique again, started by the other forum at my suggestion.
links in board titles - not copied proboards say its not possible so unique.
Hatterstown - a p take of the town, a fake town, unique to me.
Gallery - gallery just for events linked of main board but with its own url.
local events - you've got one but it includes nightlife and days out
family history - off the old forum down here
buy swap sell - thats accy!
business link - off the old forum down here.
general - not unique to anywhere.
adult - of the old forum down here and was started years before accy did
book board - the old forum
music - think that was accy
movie - not accy
tv - not accy
photography - partly accy
computer - old forum down here suggested by my brother yrs ago.
sports - partly accy
football - the local footy team forum here
hobbies - that is accy
hints tips advice - accy
anything goes - the names accy but i asked the old forum for this ages before i joined here.
games - old forum again as above
jokes - not accy
chat room - not accy

And I've just realised I have a link for here on my zoints profile. I'll be reciprocally deleting that of course.

Last edited by Madhatter; 19-10-2006 at 02:50.
Accrington Web
Old 19-10-2006, 06:53   #32
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhatter
How I really feel is that if I were owner of an established forum and I had a n active member that was starting a forum based on a town 100 miles away i'd help not obstruct.
This bit made me laugh so much I want to just sit in this thread and wait till Roy comes online to reply.
Old 19-10-2006, 07:47   #33
Give, give, give member

What makes it good for me is the people who use it.

Roy provides people with the means, but whoosh all the technical stuff is over my head. I only notice it when it's not there.

This forum reminds me of a soap opera. Every member is an important part of the cast. Some take on bigger parts than others, but if they decide to leave to persue a pop career, along comes someone else to take their place.

The show goes on.

Old 19-10-2006, 08:10   #34
Resident Waffler

Madhatter - part of the problem with misunderstandings, which you interpret as people only reading what they want to read, is your use of the word "here".

When AccyWeb members read the word "here" they are reading it on AccyWeb and to them it means "here on AccyWeb". When you write the word "here" you are writing it in Atherstone and therefore you are either meaning "here in Atherstone" or "here on my Atherstone forum" but as AccyWebbers don't know that then what they read may well be the exact opposite of what you actually meant. In order to avoid this it would help if you were a bit more specific and avoid using ambiguous terminology.

Old 19-10-2006, 09:13   #35
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhatter
Hatters web site 35 members . MEANING?
Non of my members are members of accyweb as far as I know
Well that shows exactly how much you know Any way in an earlier thread you were bidding us goodbye,I thought for one minuite our luck was in.I thought it was too good to be true
Old 19-10-2006, 12:13   #36
God Member

What makes this a good... 19-10-2006 05:23 Why not delete yourself as well you moaning boring cretin?
Another retard. what contribution do you make to this site? apart from slating other members.

Last edited by Madhatter; 19-10-2006 at 12:17.
Old 19-10-2006, 12:15   #37
I am Banned

Oh b*gger he's back, wondered how long you'd be back to your usual karmer moaning self
Old 19-10-2006, 12:15   #38
Resting in Peace

can you please just watch your language Madhatter this is a family site
Old 19-10-2006, 12:19   #39
God Member

I didn't post it mick i just coppied it. Tell whoever gave the karma not me
Old 19-10-2006, 12:20   #40
God Member

infact thats a very good point mick if its a family site why does the site allow abusive karma to be given???
Old 19-10-2006, 12:22   #41
I am Banned

Err thats why karmer is private - doh!
Old 19-10-2006, 12:26   #42
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
What makes it good for me is the people who use it.

Roy provides people with the means, but whoosh all the technical stuff is over my head. I only notice it when it's not there.

This forum reminds me of a soap opera. Every member is an important part of the cast. Some take on bigger parts than others, but if they decide to leave to persue a pop career, along comes someone else to take their place.

The show goes on.
I've been on here nine months posted thousands of times and got nothing but abuse back
I ask for advice and get acused of stealing it. I get accused of stealing threads that have been 'stolen' from else where anyway. I link to accyweb from places that will get it members, but my links that won't get me members get deleted because I admit thy are ranking links and I refuse to link back off ath forum.

I don't link for good reason. I do not put the name for good reason. I took the name of ath forum off the links for good reason. Learn about search engines and you'll know why.
Old 19-10-2006, 12:31   #43
God Member

If its sent to me it goes on here. if my private messages are ok to go on here, which they must be because admin allowed ksh to post them then then as far as I'm concerened any karma comments are ok to go on here. If my family and nieces can read it on this screen the it must be ok.
Old 19-10-2006, 12:31   #44
I am Banned

But you nicked my game thread & no you didnt even refer it back to me or accyweb claiming all the credit & best of it you plaigerised the whole lot even the e.g that you had no brain cell to think one up!!!
Old 19-10-2006, 12:34   #45
God Member

mthead Most of my members are from atherstne, they go on both forums here they go to restaurants and events here so how can they be from accy.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..