Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-04-2009, 21:26   #46
God Member

Re: What sort of bird is this??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Canadians are weirdos!

this may be true but a drunk Mancie is hilarious
Old 22-04-2009, 21:30   #47
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
this may be true but a drunk Mancie is hilarious
never heard of the bloke..but he sounds like a safe geezer
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2009, 21:33   #48
God Member

lol that he is
Old 23-04-2009, 00:16   #49
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Canadians are weirdos!
Ain't that the truth ... shagged many a fly in my time .... it's easy, once you get used to the glove.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2009, 00:36   #50
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Ain't that the truth ... shagged many a fly in my time .... it's easy, once you get used to the glove.
Umm..I'd end it there Eric.. getting a bit to deep for my liking
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2009, 01:30   #51
God Member

Quote:
Eric, think you wasting your time with this ....don't think "shagging a fly" is much used in/by the cricket community

bit of a wander ....good one by the lads NL freeing the dolphins
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2009, 04:22   #52
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
Eric, think you wasting your time with this ....don't think "shagging a fly" is much used in/by the cricket community

bit of a wander ....good one by the lads NL freeing the dolphins
Newfoundlanders ... great people .... Newfoundland ... great province ... for people who travel,, it is a must on their itinerary ... I often have thoughts about selling up, and moving out there.
Old 23-04-2009, 04:54   #53
God Member

Quote:
Humane! ... yeh, like miximytosis, remember that? ... ah well, one person's beautiful bird is another man's destructive pest ... there is no danger of these things becoming an endangered species ... not here anyhow. If you would like a few thousand let us know .... could throw in a few hundred baby harp seals too.

seems the baby seals make good eating ...Surprising seal magret, avec cocoa sauce - The Appetizer ...
seems with a yearly cull of over 300,000 seal meat should be on menus everywhere, wonder if there is a market for the flippers as a 'cheapo' shark fin substitute in the chinese community
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2009, 09:11   #54
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
seems the baby seals make good eating ...Surprising seal magret, avec cocoa sauce - The Appetizer ...
seems with a yearly cull of over 300,000 seal meat should be on menus everywhere, wonder if there is a market for the flippers as a 'cheapo' shark fin substitute in the chinese community
You guys from over the pond are in danger of upsetting a lot of our wildlife lovers over here, it has an all different meaning to us than it does to you
Old 23-04-2009, 18:35   #55
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
You guys from over the pond are in danger of upsetting a lot of our wildlife lovers over here, it has an all different meaning to us than it does to you
Over the centuries you guys have almost denuded your country of wild life ... so when it comes to criticizing others, you guys don't have a leg to stand on. The annual seal hunt is necessary for many reasons; but it wouldn't have been necessary if the god damned Europeans hadn't overfished the Grand Banks ....
Old 23-04-2009, 18:59   #56
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Over the centuries you guys have almost denuded your country of wild life ... so when it comes to criticizing others, you guys don't have a leg to stand on. The annual seal hunt is necessary for many reasons; but it wouldn't have been necessary if the god damned Europeans hadn't overfished the Grand Banks ....
Eric I wasn't criticising your lot at all mate, I was merely pointing out that over here people look a what goes on in other country's and pass judgement. As you are probably aware we have more than our fair share of tree huggers over here, that just don't understand the concept of real life necessities. I'm a great lover of nature, but would never think of pressing my thoughts on people who are directly effected by the over running of nature which interferes with their everyday lives
Old 23-04-2009, 19:14   #57
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Eric I wasn't criticising your lot at all mate, I was merely pointing out that over here people look a what goes on in other country's and pass judgement. As you are probably aware we have more than our fair share of tree huggers over here, that just don't understand the concept of real life necessities. I'm a great lover of nature, but would never think of pressing my thoughts on people who are directly effected by the over running of nature which interferes with their everyday lives
Guess I over reacted ... sorry about that ... nothing personal intended .... but it does bug us over here when Paul McBeatle shows picutres of baby harp seals, and talks of boycotting Canadian products ... baby seals (and baby bears) are cute and cudly; but the adult harp seals, if unculled, could destroy a fishery already sorely hurt by overfishing. And the fishery is the livelihood of thousands of Nefoundlanders. An unculled seal population could eat so much fish, that subsequent generations of seals would suffer starvation, and die in much larger numbers than those our govt sets for the cull.
Old 23-04-2009, 19:43   #58
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Guess I over reacted ... sorry about that ... nothing personal intended .... but it does bug us over here when Paul McBeatle shows picutres of baby harp seals, and talks of boycotting Canadian products ... baby seals (and baby bears) are cute and cudly; but the adult harp seals, if unculled, could destroy a fishery already sorely hurt by overfishing. And the fishery is the livelihood of thousands of Nefoundlanders. An unculled seal population could eat so much fish, that subsequent generations of seals would suffer starvation, and die in much larger numbers than those our govt sets for the cull.
Exactly my point Eric, that's why I never had an opinion about banning hunting the with dogs issue over here, you don't see too many Toffs (as Mancie calls um) riding though Hyndburn on horseback, chasing foxy woxy, but I have seen the carnage they leave in a hen house, and believe me its not nice, and insistently that carnage was in Ossy too, about the only time I've spewed my guts up when not ****ed, a bloody horrible site, and I mean bloody
Old 23-04-2009, 19:58   #59
God Member

Eric..........I dont think the subject of livelyhood and fishing will go down well with the majority...........Fleetwood a fishing port, not too far from here are down to 8 inshore boats and 2 offshore trawlers...quotas from the EU restrict one boat to 500 Kilos of one species for one month.....this can be caught in one day....anything above that has to be dumped and cannot be landed.
You say thousands of Newfoundlanders are worried about their jobs... 50% of the boats in Fleetwood will be de-commisioned within twelve months....then there was five.
Dont believe all you read in the rags you support.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2009, 00:18   #60
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Eric..........I dont think the subject of livelyhood and fishing will go down well with the majority...........Fleetwood a fishing port, not too far from here are down to 8 inshore boats and 2 offshore trawlers...quotas from the EU restrict one boat to 500 Kilos of one species for one month.....this can be caught in one day....anything above that has to be dumped and cannot be landed.
You say thousands of Newfoundlanders are worried about their jobs... 50% of the boats in Fleetwood will be de-commisioned within twelve months....then there was five.
Dont believe all you read in the rags you support.
Newfoundland was built on the Grand Banks fishing ... and the outports still live off it ... I remember Fleetwood, even Knot End. The fishing grounds have been screwed over by over fishing ... I remember reading that Cabot told Henry Vll that the cod on the Grand Banks were so numerous that one could walk on them. No more. However, we are now policing our territorial waters more rigourosly. We even built a new class of warship, the "Kingston Class", which is specifically designed as a coastal defence ship, and is often used to warn off foreign fishing vessels that come into our territorial waters.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..