Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-04-2007, 10:59   #16
Senior Member+

Re: whats goin on in church

Come on ladies,Church isn't all that bad.Okay it has its downside like most other parts of Accy but i feel this is mainly due to property developers buying houses to let then not giving a toss who the tenants are or wether they're employed or not or,in one or two cases,if theyre actually living in the property or using it as a front for illegal purposes.Some houses near me we've never got to know the tenants because they're there one week & someone diffrents in the next.A few families have lived here for generations & some have been here for years.I said when we were looking for a house 20 odd years ago i'd never move to Church as i new it had a reputation as bieng rough plus the bone yard ,Blythes etc....but to be honest i'm glad i moved here.It's on the whole a friendly community,a lot of folk know each other.Okay some of the younger end are a bit wild,but no different from up the Gore,Clayton,Ossy etc.But the bone yards cleaned up its act & Blythes is safer than its ever been.Theres regeneration going on all around,the walk along the canal is on our doorstep as is the sports centre.This thread started about some poor bloke hanging his self.This happens all over the borough at some point or other not just in Church.I'm sure he did'nt do it just because he lived here......if he did at all.
Old 26-04-2007, 11:03   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwell silver View Post
Come on ladies,Church isn't all that bad.Okay it has its downside like most other parts of Accy but i feel this is mainly due to property developers buying houses to let then not giving a toss who the tenants are or wether they're employed or not or,in one or two cases,if theyre actually living in the property or using it as a front for illegal purposes.Some houses near me we've never got to know the tenants because they're there one week & someone diffrents in the next.A few families have lived here for generations & some have been here for years.I said when we were looking for a house 20 odd years ago i'd never move to Church as i new it had a reputation as bieng rough plus the bone yard ,Blythes etc....but to be honest i'm glad i moved here.It's on the whole a friendly community,a lot of folk know each other.Okay some of the younger end are a bit wild,but no different from up the Gore,Clayton,Ossy etc.But the bone yards cleaned up its act & Blythes is safer than its ever been.Theres regeneration going on all around,the walk along the canal is on our doorstep as is the sports centre.This thread started about some poor bloke hanging his self.This happens all over the borough at some point or other not just in Church.I'm sure he did'nt do it just because he lived here......if he did at all.
When one house on a street went to property developer the rest go down like dominoes - as mine did.
I found that no-one else wanted to buy because of bad tenants nearby
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2007, 12:17   #18
Junior Member+

i've lived in church all my life 30yrs now and i remember it being rough a long time ago and its rougher than ever now alot of people are renting houses no one do's any checks on them and 9 times out of 10 there the people that give church the bad name its poo! living in church and i can't wait to get out of it
jackrovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2007, 12:21   #19
Junior Member+

about the regeneration as soon as they do somat nice the young thugs pull it to pieces i know you get this were ever you live but i think we get it more cause of all the numpties living here its scary to go out at night!
jackrovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2007, 16:17   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I lived on Barnes St from 1991 till 2002 -know several men that age -please post the man's name when you hear who it is - I most likely know him - thanks
Been named as Derek Edmondson
Old 26-04-2007, 16:52   #21
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
thats a name i know well from 60s, also know his brother, came from clayton originally if the memory serves me well.
Old 26-04-2007, 18:26   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
thats a name i know well from 60s, also know his brother, came from clayton originally if the memory serves me well.
Thanks for letting us know -not a man I know -and so not one of two I thought it might be
Old 26-04-2007, 18:43   #23
Resting in Peace

Very sad though .. wonder what made him do this final act, must have been very unhappy.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2007, 20:02   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Had second thoughts - Is it the Derek who once did 60's rock and roll discos and lived somewhere up Dill Hall?
Old 26-04-2007, 22:22   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Had second thoughts - Is it the Derek who once did 60's rock and roll discos and lived somewhere up Dill Hall?
no not that guy, used to know him also, was a rival for a short while.
Old 26-04-2007, 22:30   #26
God Member

Well that is some relief for me personally -still a tragedy for his relatives whoever they are
Old 26-04-2007, 22:43   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post

Does this man have a son named Justin?

Jelly Baby
jelly baby is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..