Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2009, 23:13   #31
God Member

Re: What's on the menu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Papa Rien (minced beef, chopped eggs and spices in mashed potato balls), washed down with pisco sour (Peruvian firewater with agastura bitters and whipped egg whites).
Is that an Afro or a put me to bed quietly and dont disturb menu?

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-03-2009, 23:18   #32
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Is that an Afro or a put me to bed quietly and dont disturb menu?
The latter!
Old 05-03-2009, 23:32   #33
God Member

I had "Oeufs frits et les croustilles et les fèves au lard"

Egg,chips and beans
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 23:34   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
I had "Oeufs frits et les croustilles et les fèves au lard"

Egg,chips and beans
Cheap skate....I thought you might be into jellied eels or pie and mash?

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 23:57   #35
God Member

Quote:
Papa Rien (minced beef, chopped eggs and spices in mashed potato balls), washed down with pisco sour (Peruvian firewater with agastura bitters and whipped egg whites).
I don't know about the food ... egg yolks are too high on the cholesterol scale for me: five and a half hours under the knife stimulates one to read labels .... however, the hooch sounds great .... and what particular kind of firewater would that be; is there a brand I should be looking for? My hangover has gone; there is hockey on tv, joints in the humidor, and the El Cabo is still open
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 23:58   #36
God Member

And I have a couple of Montecristo cigars .... I've come a long way from sharing a woodbine in the bogs at Accy Grammar
Old 06-03-2009, 08:26   #37
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I don't know about the food ... egg yolks are too high on the cholesterol scale for me: five and a half hours under the knife stimulates one to read labels .... however, the hooch sounds great .... and what particular kind of firewater would that be; is there a brand I should be looking for? My hangover has gone; there is hockey on tv, joints in the humidor, and the El Cabo is still open
If you go looking for pisco, Eric, make sure it's Peruvian pisco, not Chilean (or so Mrs H says, but she would say that). It's made from distilled grapes and it's strong. The brand I was drinking last night is called, appropriately enough, "La Diablada". Must go and get a black coffee now...my head hurts.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:01   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caz View Post
Ham shank and peas, with dumplings, lovely.
we had Ham Shank and Peas the other night but I never do dumplings with it.... Might try that next time,

Tonights is an easy tea, Fray Bentos pies with chips and peas.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 19:40   #39
God Member

Quote:
If you go looking for pisco, Eric, make sure it's Peruvian pisco, not Chilean (or so Mrs H says, but she would say that). It's made from distilled grapes and it's strong. The brand I was drinking last night is called, appropriately enough, "La Diablada". Must go and get a black coffee now...my head hurts.
"La Diablada" .... got it .... so your head hurts, eh. Stay away from the egg yolks ... they'll do it every time
Old 06-03-2009, 19:42   #40
Caz
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
we had Ham Shank and Peas the other night but I never do dumplings with it.... Might try that next time,

Tonights is an easy tea, Fray Bentos pies with chips and peas.
Always had dumplings with it, ever since I was little.
I now put a finely chopped onion in with it and a handful of pearl barley.

Broth tomorrow, just another excuse to have dumplings, lol.

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 19:49   #41
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Today i had just a sausage roll, tomorrow my daughter is making me and her dad Lemony prawn bruschettas for starters and pepperoni pasta for our main meal, she practicing her cookery for school on us lol, cant wait to eat those big fat juicey prawns,,, yummy!!
Old 06-03-2009, 22:53   #42
Resting in Peace

Nothing interesting for me Magily to make your mouth water.

Had a cheese and onion flan, curly fries (chips shaped into a screwlike shape .. luv 'em) with salad ... unfortunately, I had knocked my fridge temperature by mistake up to 4 .. (on a scale of 1 > 4) so cucumber, radishes and some peppers had turned to mush .. LOL. Still had enough left though.

Not into desserts, 'cept perhaps one night a week, and treat myself to a cream eclair (I bet you can't get any double cream like over here). That Cookie Dough ice cream looked tempting though that I buy for my Grandaughter.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 00:09   #43

You are right about the cream.
It has been oddly fascinating reading what everyone has been eating. I think a lot of the food has become much more "American", I remember when I first came here, my family were thrilled to taste frozen yoghurt, blueberry muffins and their favourite waffles.
Now you can get so much more over there, although this is for Eric I am sure he will agree nothing beats Tim Hortons over here.
magily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 05:00   #44

Going out for tea tonight to our local British pub the SLUG & LETTUCE,
Beef & Guinness pie followed by Spotted Dick, washed down with a Coopers Pale Ale
south aussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 06:33   #45
God Member

tonight at my local hole in the wall (los mocaljetes) , quesadillas, carne asada Burrito , with guacamole and sour cream on the side, washed down with Horchata , ......Good food , but rubbish tejano music

Los Molcajetes Mexican Restaurant - Castro Valley, CA

the second review kind of gives you an idea about where I live
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..