Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-03-2009, 14:51   #16
God Member

Re: What's your worst fear

Live people fear death - take reassurance from the fact that dead people don't

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-03-2009, 16:07   #17
Give, give, give member

My biggest fear, if you can call it that, is having regrets.

Being on my deathbed, whenever that may be, and wishing 'if only'. I'd find that very sad.

Happily I have no regrets in my life so far, and as for other fears, they'd take up to much of my time and effort to expend any of my energy on them. They'd unnecessarily waste too much time, that could be spent more productively.

Even as an atheist I think these words are very apt.

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference."

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2009, 16:15   #18
Resting in Peace

That's a very touching post Garinda, and hit a nerve with me.

My mum always said to us don't grieve too much when I go, I have no regrets in life, have had a good husband, good children, short of nothing I 'needed' and never suffered any ill health. She was 89 when she died, and it did make her passing easier for me, as recalled these words.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2009, 16:34   #19
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
That's a very touching post Garinda, and hit a nerve with me.

My mum always said to us don't grieve too much when I go, I have no regrets in life, have had a good husband, good children, short of nothing I 'needed' and never suffered any ill health. She was 89 when she died, and it did make her passing easier for me, as recalled these words.
Thank you.

I can understand Jaysay's fear about being alone when he dies, but personally I think it's quite sad. Sad because it's fretting about something we can't do anything about.

When my dad died, it was lucky that we were all on the bed with him. I'd raced up from London, not knowing that he only had a few hours left. We were able to tell him he was a much loved husband/dad/father-in-law. We were able to be there as he breathed his last breath.

We were lucky in a way to have that privilige, but on the other hand he could have passed away with none of us there, but he would still have known that he was loved, and his life as a husband and dad had been appreciated because he already knew it, because we'd told him before.

Sometimes I think I must be a right soppy sod...but I don't care.

None of us has a guaranteed time of exit from this life.

What we can be certain of though is making sure that those we care about, know they are loved.

You don't even need to say those words. A simple act can speak a thousand words, when it comes to showing that emotion we call love.

Old 24-03-2009, 16:36   #20
God Member

I just wanted to say that what Garinda and Katex have said on this thread is lovely
Old 24-03-2009, 16:36   #21
God Member

Ditto..........
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2009, 16:49   #22
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyLass28 View Post
I just wanted to say that what Garinda and Katex have said on this thread is lovely
Maybe you could think about your Gran who died on Sunday this way Accylass .. she did appear, from what you have said, to have been a happy and contented lady who enjoyed the company of her family.

My worse fear is, of course after losing my family, is not particularly to die alone, but not to be found for a while and my left overs to be found in a state of decomposition ... yuk.
Old 24-03-2009, 16:50   #23
Give, give, give member

I like these two quotes too.

You don't get to choose how you're going to die. Or when.
But you can decide how you're going to live now.
-- Joan Baez

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
So throw off the bowlines.
Sail away from the safe harbor.
Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore.
Dream.
Discover.
-- Mark Twain

Old 24-03-2009, 16:52   #24
God Member

Quote:
Maybe you could think about your Gran who died on Sunday this way Accylass .. she did appear, from what you have said, to have been a happy and contented lady who enjoyed the company of her family.

Yeah, thanks Kate
Old 24-03-2009, 16:55   #25
Give, give, give member

Quote:

My worse fear is, of course after losing my family, is not particularly to die alone, but not to be found for a while and my left overs to be found in a state of decomposition ... yuk.
I'm sure you'd decompose as beautifully as you lived.

Stop fretting, if you don't post for more than a certain amount of time, other than when you're away in sunnier climes, I'll make sure things are set in motion, to make sure you're fear doesn't happen.

Old 24-03-2009, 17:44   #26
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I'm sure you'd decompose as beautifully as you lived.

Stop fretting, if you don't post for more than a certain amount of time, other than when you're away in sunnier climes, I'll make sure things are set in motion, to make sure you're fear doesn't happen.

Aaah bless... gosh, we've got 'maudling' 'aint we.

Perhaps you could be the consultant with my dress Garinda ... LOL. Although sure daughter will make sure my shroud is a colour that suits me, and mascara in place.
Old 24-03-2009, 18:00   #27
Passed away 25-11-09

I can't stand to be in totally black room because I feel that I can't breathe. A tiny chink of light makes it OK but total darkness suffocates me so I absolutely dread it.
Old 24-03-2009, 18:13   #28
Senior Member+

Anything happening to my daughter.

(and I wasn't being thoughtless, I was out at working, providing for said daughter! )
Old 24-03-2009, 18:52   #29
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

I don't think I have a worst fear. I tend not to spend time worrying about things that I cannot control, so I guess I'm with Garinda and Katex on that one.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2009, 10:58   #30
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettie View Post
I don't think I have a worst fear. I tend not to spend time worrying about things that I cannot control, so I guess I'm with Garinda and Katex on that one.
I was the same lettie, until I had a near miss 6 months ago, unfortunately its now at the back of my mind, and spending a lot of time on my own doesn't help much either

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..