Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2007, 21:40   #1
Senior Member+

wheelie bins

does any one know if its possible to get an extra wheelie bin? there are 2 adults and 1 child at my house full time and my partners babies stay half the week 2... every couple of weeks we have to go up to the tip... it is mostly nappies, i do recycle.. the other week my dad and step-mum(to be) stayed over at the wekend.. can i get a bigger bin or something?

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012

Last edited by emamum; 02-12-2007 at 21:41. Reason: rubbish spelling
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-12-2007, 21:46   #2
God Member

Re: wheelie bins

I made enquiries about getting another bin when my daughter was in nappies. Like you, we were having to make a trip to the tip in between collections.

I was informed that they do not give people a second bin but that they can issue a larger bin. Unfortunately these are for families of more than 5 people.
Old 02-12-2007, 21:48   #3
Senior Member+

will we count as a family of 5 with the babies only coming half the week?

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
Old 02-12-2007, 21:51   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

me daughter has 3, but thats another council lol H.B.C. ferget it ema, maybe you will stand a better chance when we become ACCRINGTON @ DISTRICT
Old 02-12-2007, 21:51   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
will we count as a family of 5 with the babies only coming half the week?
I'm not sure about that. I don't know if everyone has to live at the property full time or if you would qualify with the babies coming to you for just half of the week. It would be worth ringing to check.
Old 02-12-2007, 21:54   #6
God Member

Does the council no longer do the recycling thing for nappies, where for a cost they collect the nappy waste?
AccyLass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 21:59   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyLass27 View Post
Does the council no longer do the recycling thing for nappies, where for a cost they collect the nappy waste?
I don't know. That scheme hadn't been started when my daughter was in nappies.

I think the way that worked was that you used re-usable nappies and they were collected, washed and re-delivered to you. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

There is no way of recycling disposable nappies.
Old 02-12-2007, 22:01   #8
Junior Member+

well we have two, and theres only three of us that live in the house........... we robbed the 2nd one haha
Old 02-12-2007, 23:33   #9
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
I was informed that they do not give people a second bin but that they can issue a larger bin.
They stopped with the big bins ages ago. They found they were damaged by the bin wagon. If a normal size is not big enough you get 2. They will come and rummage in your bin first to make sure you are recyling everything you can.
Old 03-12-2007, 15:19   #10
Resident Waffler

Good luck to them rummaging amongst the dirty nappies!

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 15:24   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmaleigh View Post
well we have two, and theres only three of us that live in the house........... we robbed the 2nd one haha
thats the way to do it LOL

like i've never been gone
beechy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 15:52   #12
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by beechy View Post
thats the way to do it LOL

Except that the person whose bin was stolen may well have had to fork out for a new one.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 16:27   #13
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
Except that the person whose bin was stolen may well have had to fork out for a new one.
only if its their second replacement willow
ya get it free if you need a replacement, but the second time ya have to pay
Old 03-12-2007, 16:30   #14
Senior Member+

you also have to report it to the police and get a crime reference number before you can have a new one....

Old 03-12-2007, 16:33   #15
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
you also have to report it to the police and get a crime reference number before you can have a new one....
ya joking......how silly

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..