Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-03-2007, 16:19   #1
Yank in King Art's Court!

When does Accy football season end?

When's the Season end?
I had this in the "Football" section for a number of days with no response. Hence the switch up here. Here's the question:

I hope to be making a trip over the around May 24th. Will there still be matches being played? I would love to see Accrington in a match. Also Man. U. would be nice to see also! What are the chances?

Brian

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-03-2007, 16:26   #2
Give, give, give member

Re: When does Accy football season end?

Accrington Stanley's last home game is on 28th of April. The football, or as you call it soccer, season usually ends in April, with the last big match being the Cup Final, which this year returns to Wembley...hopefully.

You can watch a cricket match, weather permitting. That should really baffle you.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2007, 20:05   #3

The Premierships last game is the 13th May, with the cup final the following week. Last year they finished early because of the world cup
Old 20-03-2007, 23:20   #4
God Member

Yes the FA cup final is booked in for the 20th may... and Champions league final on the 23rd may ..not a good schedule considering Man Utd or Chelsea could make both of these finals.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2007, 08:54   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Yes the FA cup final is booked in for the 20th may... and Champions league final on the 23rd may ..not a good schedule considering Man Utd or Chelsea could make both of these finals.
not a problem mancie, chealsea wont. yer gonna miss the season end though brian.
Old 21-03-2007, 16:49   #6
Yank in King Art's Court!

Thanks for the info. At least my daughter and I got to be in England during the last week of the World Cup. Made pub life in London that much more exciting.

Was rather odd cause the 2 different blokes I met were old Irishmen. They both had extremely strong anti-immigrant views which somewhat amused me considering!

Brian

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..