Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree102Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-04-2013, 18:07   #16

Re: When is the 2nd Coming - Coming?

I had two preachers on my doorstep yesterday-I always am quite abrupt with them, which isn't like me at all-whatever they believe I don't think trying to shove that down other people's throats is right -it's not as if non-believers are doing them any harm so being disturbed from whatever I am doing so they can try to convert me is annoying.
Old 18-04-2013, 18:11   #17
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmouse0707 View Post
I had two preachers on my doorstep yesterday-I always am quite abrupt with them, which isn't like me at all-whatever they believe I don't think trying to shove that down other people's throats is right -it's not as if non-believers are doing them any harm so being disturbed from whatever I am doing so they can try to convert me is annoying.
I used to hate it when they dragged me to the door, they still knock even though I had a sign on the door saying my Alsatian loves Jehovah's Witnesses, but he can't eat a full one. These days I don't have to bother going to the door, I've an intercom system and I can tell um to sod off from the comfort of my chair
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 18:16   #18
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Can't see it happening any-time soon if at all, it's this whole "Virgin" thing. Their timetable is shocking & as to the prices! Ol' Beardy Branson has got some explaining to do!
Old 18-04-2013, 18:24   #19
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
If Jesus isn't coming back why are they all still flocking to see the new pope and why are the bible bashers in the USA banging on about this and that and so on - Why do they carry on believing something that doesn't exist?
Power, control, & gullibility started it.
Sunflower49 likes this.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 18:31   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I used to hate it when they dragged me to the door, they still knock even though I had a sign on the door saying my Alsatian loves Jehovah's Witnesses, but he can't eat a full one. These days I don't have to bother going to the door, I've an intercom system and I can tell um to sod off from the comfort of my chair
I needs me one of those!
I do too, I think it's really rude to disturb someone in their home to try to inflict your beliefs.
Love the sign lol- I should have invited them in-we're doing the house up at the moment and there's so much junk and rubble hanging around it looks like a crackden-and himself likes 'Gothic Memorabilia' should I say swords and knives would probably give them a good impression
Old 18-04-2013, 18:35   #21
I am Banned

Quote:
I needs me one of those!
I do too, I think it's really rude to disturb someone in their home to try to inflict your beliefs.
Love the sign lol- I should have invited them in-we're doing the house up at the moment and there's so much junk and rubble hanging around it looks like a crackden-and himself likes 'Gothic Memorabilia' should I say swords and knives would probably give them a good impression
Mrs P tells me the AA have been knocking on doors up here in Clayton trying to sell breakdown cover. (true) For a moment when she mentioned it I thought the men in white coats had come about my drinking
Sunflower49 likes this.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 18:45   #22
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

When they come a knocking it's quite simple you say,

"Oh hello are you the Morons or the other lot ? Never mind, the agency did tell you to bring old clothes & aprons didn't they, these sacrificial slaughters can get pretty messy & you wouldn't believe the problems we have trying to find virgins round here so we usually have to make do with one of the old dears from the home instead."

Funny they don't want to hang about.
Old 18-04-2013, 18:51   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Was n old Priest at St Josephs when i was in me teens n older (Father Rimmer) He told me this when i went fer wedding instruction, He said, i was talking to these Jehovas Witnesses this afternoon fer oer 1 hour, n after they had just left, a elderly woman approached me going nuts cos i was listening too em, I said listen i woulda talked fer even longer,if they hadn't give up, Whilst they were talking to me, They converted no-one. Cracked me up big time.
Sunflower49 likes this.
Old 18-04-2013, 18:58   #24
God Member

Last time I had bible thumpers at my door,

I said 'You can't sell religion here'

She said 'We're not selling anything'

I said 'You can't give it away here either'

...and shut the door.

I sleep a lot in the daytime, and got really peed off by hawkers etc so I got a custom made type of Do not Disturb sign made for me on Ebay. It says 'I NEED TO BE ALONE BUT WILL TAKE IN PARCELS'.
kestrelx, jaysay and Restless like this.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 19:02   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
When they come a knocking it's quite simple you say,

"Oh hello are you the Morons or the other lot ? Never mind, the agency did tell you to bring old clothes & aprons didn't they, these sacrificial slaughters can get pretty messy & you wouldn't believe the problems we have trying to find virgins round here so we usually have to make do with one of the old dears from the home instead."

Funny they don't want to hang about.
Lol morons I like that one. My cousin is a Mormon. I was upset when he converted, if I'm honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Was n old Priest at St Josephs when i was in me teens n older (Father Rimmer) He told me this when i went fer wedding instruction, He said, i was talking to these Jehovas Witnesses this afternoon fer oer 1 hour, n after they had just left, a elderly woman approached me going nuts cos i was listening too em, I said listen i woulda talked fer even longer,if they hadn't give up, Whilst they were talking to me, They converted no-one. Cracked me up big time.
Good one-I might invite them in next time and just pretend to listen for a couple of hours whilst going about whatever I was doing before.
Old 18-04-2013, 19:13   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Last time I had bible thumpers at my door,

I said 'You can't sell religion here'

She said 'We're not selling anything'

I said 'You can't give it away here either'

...and shut the door.

I sleep a lot in the daytime, and got really peed off by hawkers etc so I got a custom made type of Do not Disturb sign made for me on Ebay. It says 'I NEED TO BE ALONE BUT WILL TAKE IN PARCELS'.
I'm often asleep or resting during the day too so unless I've invited someone or am expecting a delivery it's especially irritating to have people knocking on the door, disturbing me and winding the dog up lol
When I answered the door they said 'Oh sorry is it not convenient'..
I'm not sure why they said that-maybe they say it to everybody.
Old 18-04-2013, 20:11   #27
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
fantastic- What every home needs
Old 18-04-2013, 20:23   #28

The wolf was sniffing about behind me when I opened the door lol I should have told them she's not a fan of their god so they have to go
Old 18-04-2013, 20:30   #29
God Member

Project Bluebeam has plans to project the image of the 'second coming' in the sky.

Project Blue Beam

Now you are aware that such deception is possible - you won't be duped.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 21:38   #30
Super Moderator

Quote:
I had two preachers on my doorstep yesterday
Bet that had the lace curtains twitching!
susie123 and Stevie R like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..