Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree102Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-04-2013, 14:12   #91
Resting in Peace

Re: When is the 2nd Coming - Coming?

Well to say the Thread Starter don't believe in god he certainly knows a lot about the subject, maybe he's just a disgruntled monk who was kicked out for filching the communion wine
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-04-2013, 14:24   #92
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Well to say the Thread Starter don't believe in god he certainly knows a lot about the subject,
Google, what a marvellous invention, can make even the most brainiacally challenged amongst us appear knowledgeable.
Old 20-04-2013, 14:28   #93
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Well to say the Thread Starter don't believe in god he certainly knows a lot about the subject, maybe he's just a disgruntled monk who was kicked out for filching the communion wine
I don't believe, but can't avoid watching the documentaries about how religions evolved.

Very interesting history programme's showing for example how closely linked each of the Christian religions are, and take a fair part of their ceremonies from the Jewish faith.
As I say interesting, yes, believable?
Throw another bucket of coal on the fire mother, my bath waters going cold.
Sorry got carried away, I meant primitive.
kestrelx likes this.

Last edited by Less; 20-04-2013 at 14:30.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2013, 14:32   #94
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
, but can't avoid watching the documentaries about how religions evolved.

I can Less, its call the off switch
Old 20-04-2013, 14:32   #95
Senior Member+

Quote:
You get in the queue, there's a lot before you for that job, in fact people are actually paying to do it
Even better some get paid to do it. I didn't say it was a free offer.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2013, 14:36   #96

Quote:
I can Less, its call the off switch
With knowledge comes power, because I don't dismiss the documentaries about religion I gain a better knowledge than those that believe but don't think.
Old 20-04-2013, 16:55   #97
Resting in Peace

Quote:
With knowledge comes power, because I don't dismiss the documentaries about religion I gain a better knowledge than those that believe but don't think.
You'll be turning into a Margaret clone next
Sunflower49 likes this.
Old 20-04-2013, 17:28   #98

Quote:
You'll be turning into a Margaret clone next
Well thanks for that, I bet Mick a tenner you couldn't tell bullshine from real bullsheeeite!

Last edited by Less; 20-04-2013 at 17:31.
Old 20-04-2013, 17:30   #99
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
It can't start with the big bang, there must have been something there to go 'BANG'.
I did say it "depends how far back you want to go" my knowledge cant go further back than the bang. I will of course entertain other theories.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2013, 17:38   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
I did say it "depends how far back you want to go" my knowledge cant go further back than the bang. I will of course entertain other theories.
Well hello other theories, welcome to my pad, if you notice I'm here to entertain you, now, shall we start with your persistent belief that there is a God, or shall we cut to the ultimate question?

'If after a lifetime of searching you finally discover and therefore recognise a woman's clitoris, when you've finished, will she at last be satisfied?'

Sunflower49 likes this.
Old 20-04-2013, 17:53   #101
Senior Member+

Quote:
Well hello other theories, welcome to my pad, if you notice I'm here to entertain you, now, shall we start with your persistent belief that there is a God, or shall we cut to the ultimate question?

'If after a lifetime of searching you finally discover and therefore recognise a woman's clitoris, when you've finished, will she at last be satisfied?'

You have a misunderstanding that I have a belief in an almighty, I lean both ways, its called hedging my bets.

As for a womans bits, well I worked from the manual, and after dismantling and re-building it again, I had three screws left over. Plus she wants the ceiling peach.
Less, Restless and Sunflower49 like this.
Old 20-04-2013, 17:58   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
You have a misunderstanding that I have a belief in an almighty, I lean both ways, its called hedging my bets.

As for a womans bits, well I worked from the manual, and after dismantling and re-building it again, I had three screws left over. Plus she wants the ceiling peach.
A nice reply unfortunately I had left it wide open for you to say, 'satisfied they are never satisfied', that's were the idea of a second coming originates from.

plus it wasn't your idea of God it is that damned theories idea of God I was getting at.

Last edited by Less; 20-04-2013 at 18:00.
Old 20-04-2013, 19:19   #103
Senior Member+

Quote:
A nice reply unfortunately I had left it wide open for you to say, 'satisfied they are never satisfied', that's were the idea of a second coming originates from.

plus it wasn't your idea of God it is that damned theories idea of God I was getting at.
My woman never says she is not satisfied..........she does however say you can start when you are ready............to that I reply, I finished 10 minutes ago.

Also to be converted on the doorstep would suggest that people are easily talked into things, they could just as easily have got double glazing, praise be the Everest.
Old 20-04-2013, 19:33   #104
Senior Member+

Just to get back on message for a moment, the title is "when is the second coming-coming". This would pre-suppose that the first coming had occurred, and you believe it had occurred, otherwise you would have asked when is the first coming. missing out all the double entendres ......or any other French bicycle
Old 22-04-2013, 16:34   #105
Senior Member+

Quote:
Well I've read some books on the subject - also could say I was a childhood Christian till I started to question what I'd been taught!

One book I recommend I bought over 10 years ago...

The Jesus Mysteries The Jesus Mysteries - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia that there were other

Fact is; religion is one factor that is keeping people fighting.
Sunflower49 likes this.

Last edited by kestrelx; 22-04-2013 at 16:44.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..