Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2006, 20:51   #1
Junior Member+

Where Can We Go ??

Hi
I Am Coming Down From Edinburgh For The Game Against Hartlepool On 18/11 And Am Bringing My 5 Year Old Grandson, If We Arrive About 11 Ish Is There Anything We Should See In Accrington Or Would It Be Best To Stop Off Before Getting To Accrngton Say In Lancaster???

Any Advice Would Be Welcome Thanks
Old 02-11-2006, 19:28   #2
Junior Member+

Unhappy Re: Where Can We Go ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMBO
Hi
I Am Coming Down From Edinburgh For The Game Against Hartlepool On 18/11 And Am Bringing My 5 Year Old Grandson, If We Arrive About 11 Ish Is There Anything We Should See In Accrington Or Would It Be Best To Stop Off Before Getting To Accrngton Say In Lancaster???

Any Advice Would Be Welcome Thanks

I would just lke to thank you all for answering my thread, I notice over 20 of you have read it!!!!!! Just thought it would have been nice to introduce ourselves to you before we came down, but obviously you have soooooo many fans that you do not need to try and make new fans feel welcome!!!!
If any of you ever go on to the Hearts Kickback I am sure you would get a better response
Old 02-11-2006, 19:31   #3
God Member

Re: Where Can We Go ??

Give us some more details about your interests and we'll see what we can come up with.

Edit - How about the football museum at Preston?
Visiting

www.ubuntu.com

Last edited by K.S.H; 02-11-2006 at 19:36.
K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 19:44   #4
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H
Give us some more details about your interests and we'll see what we can come up with.

Edit - How about the football museum at Preston?
Visiting
Yeh, agree K.S.H. was going to ask a similar question about the grandson, depends what type of child he is, doesn't it ? so that we can narrow the options. Is he outdoor, interested in science, just entertainment .. lots of calling off places coming down from Edinburgh .. give us a clue and we will certainly try and help.

P.S. What is Hearts Kickback ?

Last edited by katex; 02-11-2006 at 19:46.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 19:51   #5
Junior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Where Can We Go ??

Thank you I was maybe a bit narky,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I apologise !!!

The football museum sounds good as he is football daft and sleeps eats and drinks it !!!!!

He is so looking for ward to comng down and keeps singing "" we're all going to Accrington, we're all going to Accrington Na Na Na na !!!

Thanks for any info

Just saw last bit, It is our web site like this, if you go into Jamboskickback.co.uk you can viwe all in there cheers

Last edited by JAMBO; 02-11-2006 at 19:53.
JAMBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 19:56   #6
Senior Member+

He might not be so enthusiastic once he's been.He'll enjoy the Stanley,but put the blindfold on if you go into town!
Old 02-11-2006, 20:04   #7
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwell silver
He might not be so enthusiastic once he's been.He'll enjoy the Stanley,but put the blindfold on if you go into town!
I have been showing him some off the pictures on this site, but you know what kids are like, they always see things with tinted glasses his mum and dad try to make him aware that he is a very lucky boy !!!:e15:
Old 02-11-2006, 20:08   #8

Quote:
but obviously you have soooooo many fans that you do not need to try and make new fans feel welcome!!!!
your not even in the accrington stanley section grandad.
Old 02-11-2006, 20:10   #9
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someone
your not even in the accrington stanley section grandad.

THE GRANDAD IS A GRANNY !!!!!!!!

I am sorry if in the wrong section, but thought this was the question section about various things ??????

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.
Old 02-11-2006, 20:11   #10
God Member

He'll probably love the football museum, its a Preston's ground, very easy to find and its free - or it used to be :-)

www.ubuntu.com

Old 02-11-2006, 20:13   #11
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H
He'll probably love the football museum, its a Preston's ground, very easy to find and its free - or it used to be :-)

Thanks will look this up cheers
Old 02-11-2006, 20:15   #12
God Member

Have a word with the club when you get there, tell them where you have come from and he will probably get a mention over the tannoy, that will make his day, have you thought about him being a mascot for the match

www.ubuntu.com

Old 02-11-2006, 20:15   #13
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwell silver
Hey you ..... naughty, naughty

Can always visit Ossie Mills too I suppose, lots of things for Grans and kids this time of year ... and always Gayle's textile show at the Town Hall ..

Walk up our Coppice is good too, can see the whole town from there.. educational like.

P7104092.jpg

xx
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 20:16   #14
God Member

Quote:
Thanks will look this up cheers
Theres a link in my post, says visiting, click that

www.ubuntu.com

Old 02-11-2006, 20:22   #15
God Member

Quote:
He is so looking for ward to comng down and keeps singing "" we're all going to Accrington, we're all going to Accrington Na Na Na na !!!
THIS LINK is what he should be singing

www.ubuntu.com

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..