Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-10-2006, 23:31   #16
God Member

Re: where do you keep yours?

I keep mine in the cupboard under the stairs and that is the only reason that I was everything out before putting them in the box or blue sack

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-10-2006, 00:36   #17
Resident Waffler

I used to keep the paper sack in the house until it got mucky and yucky on collection day, now it lives outside with the rest.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2006, 13:08   #18
Senior Member+

I keep mine in the blue bin next to my front door. By the way my front door is at the side of the house so it dont look messy when driving down our street.
jimmi5bellies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2006, 13:32   #19
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmi5bellies
By the way my front door is at the side of the house
Why do you call it the front door then and not the side door?
Old 25-10-2006, 13:38   #20
Senior Member+

My paper sack stays in the kitchen. Blue box is in the yard, & i've got an old style metal bin outside where i keep my blue sack.

The views expressed here are my own & are not necessarily those of the site.
AccyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2006, 15:55   #21
I am Banned

I dont bother i just throw all my rubbish into next doors yard
silvermain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2006, 16:08   #22
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvermain
I dont bother i just throw all my rubbish into next doors yard
Where abouts off Blackburn road do you live? I might just want a word with you, no wonder I can't keep my backyard clear!
You didn't dump two wrought iron gates complete with gate posts in the alley the other week as well did you?

Hey up HBC I think we've got a suspect!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2006, 16:12   #23
Senior Member+

GOT TO SAY I DONT RECYCLE ANYTHING (NEWSPAPERS ASIDE)IT GETS SLUNG IN ONE BIN BAG AND THEN IN THE BIG BLACK BIN WE HAVE...THE BLUE RECYCLING BOX WE HAVE IS USED TO COVER UP MY CAMPING GAS BOTTLE IN THE BACKYARD ITS NEVER BEEN A PROBLEM FOR 100'S OF YEARS SO WHY WORRY NOW ...doh caps lock on sorry....

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2006, 17:19   #24
I am Banned

No less it wasnt me. I only put all rubbish in another persons yard not back alley. PS IM only kidding if anyone thinks im serious.
silvermain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2006, 20:17   #25
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

blue box outside! gets emptied once a month now, cuz dont have many glass stuff, white bag inside in back room only gets emptied again once a month, dont buy papers much only observer so only have about 4 papers in the month , and blue bag also inside, it dont stink cuz i wash everything out! as for card board...goes straight in the bin!!
Old 26-10-2006, 22:04   #26
I am Banned

the various bags they sent got thrown in the nice and very roomy wheelie bin they provided and the blue box is tucked away with all my old vynil records and tapes in it
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2006, 12:05   #27
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
We stll don't seem to have uniformity about where the tins go. We put our tins in the sack with the plastic bottles.
Thankyou for alerting me to this, i've always put my tins in the blue box (which i have in the back yard) so have just had a look on the calendar that we have and it says:

CANS: Empty and wash aluminium and tin cans. Put them in your Blue Sack with your plastic bottles (do not tie) You can now squash cans if you prefer.

But they dont seem to be bothering that we're putting them in the blue box. Problem is I have my blue bag in the kitchen and i dint really want tins in there, thats why I have my blue box in the yard.
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2006, 18:40   #28
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

HINTS AND TIPS - YOUR BLUE BOX, BLUE AND WHITE SACK
Use the WHITE SACK for waste paper only, i.e. newspapers, magazines, junk mail, yellow pages etc.
Do not put any domestic refuse, nappies, books into the sack as these can not be recycled. Take care when presenting your sack for collection to prevent problems of spillage and windblown paper.
Use the BLUE SACK for plastic bottles only, i.e. milk, shampoo, pop, washing-up plastic bottles etc and metal cans/tins and foil.
Do not put any domestic refuse, nappies, or plastic toys into the sack as these can not be recycled. Take care when presenting your sack for collection to prevent problems of spillage. Wherever possible, wedge the sack between other containers.
Use the blue box for glass jars and bottles only. Rinse debris from glass containers before putting them in the box. Wash out your box occasionally as this will help keep it clean
Use the green sack to recycle your clothes, bedding, curtains and footwear.
EVERY BODY GOT THAT? GOOD!!
Old 27-10-2006, 21:20   #29

LOL at touching a slug... my neighbour upstairs keeps slugs lol. I stand on them by accident some times as he les them exercise *Poor phillip, when he comes down he finds them sleeping lol*
AccyAlec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2006, 21:28   #30
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolly
Thankyou for alerting me to this, i've always put my tins in the blue box (which i have in the back yard) so have just had a look on the calendar that we have and it says:

CANS: Empty and wash aluminium and tin cans. Put them in your Blue Sack with your plastic bottles (do not tie) You can now squash cans if you prefer.

But they dont seem to be bothering that we're putting them in the blue box. Problem is I have my blue bag in the kitchen and i dint really want tins in there, thats why I have my blue box in the yard.
Im keeping mine in my box as i dont have the need to recycle glass bottles, so put tins in with the odd few otherwise no need for box at all eh? & my blue bag is always full of recycable plastic bottles & stuff anyways besides wouldnt it be safer that they are visable in box rather than hidden in bag where sharp edges could snag or poke thro
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..