Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-10-2006, 23:32   #31
Resident Waffler

Re: where do you keep yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther
HINTS AND TIPS - YOUR BLUE BOX, BLUE AND WHITE SACK
Use the WHITE SACK for waste paper only, i.e. newspapers, magazines, junk mail, yellow pages etc.
Do not put any domestic refuse, nappies, books into the sack as these can not be recycled. Take care when presenting your sack for collection to prevent problems of spillage and windblown paper.
Use the BLUE SACK for plastic bottles only, i.e. milk, shampoo, pop, washing-up plastic bottles etc and metal cans/tins and foil.
Do not put any domestic refuse, nappies, or plastic toys into the sack as these can not be recycled. Take care when presenting your sack for collection to prevent problems of spillage. Wherever possible, wedge the sack between other containers.
Use the blue box for glass jars and bottles only. Rinse debris from glass containers before putting them in the box. Wash out your box occasionally as this will help keep it clean
Use the green sack to recycle your clothes, bedding, curtains and footwear.
EVERY BODY GOT THAT? GOOD!!

That was the first instruction we got but then at the beginning of this year it changed and we were told to put the cans in the blue sack with the plastic bottles and only put glass in the blue box.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-10-2006, 23:45   #32
Give, give, give member

Some councils now aren't allowing envelopes, which have the plastic windows, in the white sacks, as it contaminates the resulting recycled paper.

Soon they'll have us all actually recycling the stuff at home, making useful stuff out of papier mache.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2006, 00:07   #33
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
Some councils now aren't allowing envelopes, which have the plastic windows, in the white sacks, as it contaminates the resulting recycled paper.

Soon they'll have us all actually recycling the stuff at home, making useful stuff out of papier mache.
I've not put envelopes in as I was told the gum sticks up the machines

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2006, 00:08   #34
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red
I have.

No one told me.

I've probably made some poor devil all sticky by mistake then.

Old 28-10-2006, 05:18   #35
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red
I have a policy on this. If indoubt I just shred it so no one knows what is was .
I shred quite a bit of non sensitive paper work as well. I always think it will be harder to rebuild the little cross cut strips of bank statements etc if you have plenty of other paper shredded in there as well. A bit like mixing up many jigsaw puzzles and then trying to do them without the pictures from the box.
Old 28-10-2006, 12:01   #36
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
I have a policy on this. If indoubt I just shred it so no one knows what is was .
I shred quite a bit of non sensitive paper work as well. I always think it will be harder to rebuild the little cross cut strips of bank statements etc if you have plenty of other paper shredded in there as well. A bit like mixing up many jigsaw puzzles and then trying to do them without the pictures from the box.
If i havent got a lot of envelopes i'll cut out the plastic window and put the envelope in the recycling. But thanks for the tip Neil, it def will be easier putting them in the shredder. Will try that one.
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2006, 15:58   #37
Senior Member+

Ihave to keep my blue box outside but i know where i'd really like to put it.
Old 28-10-2006, 16:00   #38
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
You could go really green, and use the shredded paper as bedding up pet's corner.

Old 28-10-2006, 16:34   #39
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther
HINTS AND TIPS - YOUR BLUE BOX, BLUE AND WHITE SACK

Use the WHITE SACK for waste paper only, i.e. newspapers, magazines, junk mail, yellow pages etc.
Do not put any domestic refuse, nappies, books into the sack as these can not be recycled. Take care when presenting your sack for collection to prevent problems of spillage and windblown paper.
Use the BLUE SACK for plastic bottles only, i.e. milk, shampoo, pop, washing-up plastic bottles etc and metal cans/tins and foil.
Do not put any domestic refuse, nappies, or plastic toys into the sack as these can not be recycled. Take care when presenting your sack for collection to prevent problems of spillage. Wherever possible, wedge the sack between other containers.
Use the blue box for glass jars and bottles only. Rinse debris from glass containers before putting them in the box. Wash out your box occasionally as this will help keep it clean
Use the green sack to recycle your clothes, bedding, curtains and footwear.
EVERY BODY GOT THAT? GOOD!!
Next doors yard still seems easier.
silvermain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2006, 20:57   #40

I have a blue box for the tins and glass jar ect.. and a bag for the news papers but to tell you the truth it is hard work to sort the things out but now if you dont you will get a fine off the council or they will tag your bin with a rader tag so watch what your doing
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2006, 17:18   #41
Senior Member+

Blue box and blue sack live in the back yard;I hate slugs too but the kitchen isn't big enough for the box even if I wanted it in the house! Paper sack and cardboard live under the stairs;paper also gets shredded to make bedding for the guinea pig (KP to his friends because of his uncanny resemblance to Kevin Pietersen)
Old 29-10-2006, 19:59   #42
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp

That was the first instruction we got but then at the beginning of this year it changed and we were told to put the cans in the blue sack with the plastic bottles and only put glass in the blue box.
that is the changed one! >>>>Use the BLUE SACK for plastic bottles only, i.e. milk, shampoo, pop, washing-up plastic bottles etc and metal cans/tins and foil.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..