Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2007, 13:52   #16
God Member

Re: Where should I go??

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post

I guess you need to tell us what you want out of it. Do you want to come back all relaxed or all partied out?

cheers Ian, I did say what i wanted...........relaxation

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-08-2007, 14:00   #17
God Member

heh, sorry, missed that one.

Do you mind teh idea of long haul? i.e. 8-10 hours on a plane?

How about Goa? its meant to be lovely and food/beer is cheap

Maldives are probably teh ultimate in relaxation but not much else to do unless you like scuba

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 14:14   #18
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Cyprus is open all year, has lovely weather, just right in October. Limassol would be great at that time of year, not as crowded as in the summer. Lots to see in Cyprus but if you don't want to sightsee then it is a laid back, relaxing place.

Lanzarote is another option, great weather, good restaurants in Puerto del Carmen, Playa Blanca and Costa Teguise. A hire car can get you round the island and up the volcanos in a day. Decent beaches and some decent hotels/apartments.

Dominican Republic all inclusives are pretty good value but be aware that the travel companies will try to make their money by offering trips. You may even be told that it is dangerous to explore on your own which is a load of carp. It is pretty hot all year round but a long way to go if all you want to do is sit on your bum for a week..

Southern Spain still has pretty nice weather in October. The Costa del Sol has varied resorts, a good bus service, plenty of eateries and drinkies. There are some lovely hotels around the Marbella area, great shopping, comfy sunbeds and easy access to day trips to North Africa.

Enjoy your hols.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 14:16   #19
Give, give, give member

Cyprus and the Canaries you are fairly guaranteed good weather in October.

Long haul there are some great deals to Dubai and Goa. I know someone who got a two thousand quid per person holiday to Dubai for £200, staying in a seven star hotel.

Nearer to home the Maspalomas area of Gran Canaria has the best weather in the Canaries.

Wherever you go I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 14:23   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
heh, sorry, missed that one.

Do you mind teh idea of long haul? i.e. 8-10 hours on a plane?

Don't really want any more than 4 hours, cos Ginger hasn't flown before!!

How about Goa? its meant to be lovely and food/beer is cheap

HMMM sounds interesting lol

Maldives are probably teh ultimate in relaxation but not much else to do unless you like scuba
Yep will have a look at maldives................ thanks.

Miracles do happen!!

Old 01-08-2007, 14:27   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettie View Post
Cyprus is open all year, has lovely weather, just right in October. Limassol would be great at that time of year, not as crowded as in the summer. Lots to see in Cyprus but if you don't want to sightsee then it is a laid back, relaxing place.

Thanks for that Lettie, Cyprus was our first choice when we decided to go away. I have friends that have just come back and they said it was lovely. I'm might re-consider now I know it's open all year.

Lanzarote is another option, great weather, good restaurants in Puerto del Carmen, Playa Blanca and Costa Teguise. A hire car can get you round the island and up the volcanos in a day. Decent beaches and some decent hotels/apartments.
This was our second option......... looks lovely........ but the weather is nicer in Cyprus i think at this time of year.

Dominican Republic all inclusives are pretty good value but be aware that the travel companies will try to make their money by offering trips. You may even be told that it is dangerous to explore on your own which is a load of carp. It is pretty hot all year round but a long way to go if all you want to do is sit on your bum for a week..
I have a friend who has been to the DR and she didn't rate it much.....but then again everyone is different when it comes to holidays I think.

Southern Spain still has pretty nice weather in October. The Costa del Sol has varied resorts, a good bus service, plenty of eateries and drinkies. There are some lovely hotels around the Marbella area, great shopping, comfy sunbeds and easy access to day trips to North Africa.

Enjoy your hols.
Thanks lettie!!

Miracles do happen!!

Old 01-08-2007, 14:28   #22
God Member

October, no kids, warm weather. Stuff the beach, get yourselves off to Vegas
Old 01-08-2007, 14:39   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

slinks - paris n i go every october to benalmadina, for 3/4 weeks n never had a bad un yet, so would suggest the costa- del-sol, its usually 70/80 degrees at that time of year,lovely but not uncomfortable when you need a kip.miles of beach with sun-beds, some good night entertainment if ya want it.

Last edited by cashman; 01-08-2007 at 14:41.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 14:47   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
slinks - paris n i go every october to benalmadina, for 3/4 weeks n never had a bad un yet, so would suggest the costa- del-sol, its usually 70/80 degrees at that time of year,lovely but not uncomfortable when you need a kip.miles of beach with sun-beds, some good night entertainment if ya want it.
Now that sounds right up my street!!! and you say weather is good?? is there still plenty open cashy??

Miracles do happen!!

Old 01-08-2007, 14:52   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

just an afterthought, theres free papers out there,the Sur on fridays, Town Crier on mondays they list all the entertainment,n places etc etc, n in english.
Old 01-08-2007, 17:18   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
going to morcambe tomorrow eric

Morcambe is just Blackpool on valium.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 17:20   #27
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Morcambe is just Blackpool on valium.
Moecambe is just Blackpool in an iron lung.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 18:50   #28
God Member

Cleveleys is Blackpool on an old age pension
Lytham St Annes is Blackpool on a higher income

(anywhere is better than Blackpool)

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 20:49   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Moecambe is just Blackpool in an iron lung.
For some reason, my mom liked Morcambe .... but then again, she liked me
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 21:56   #30
Passed away 25-11-09

I came back from Malta yesterday. It was over 100' and far too hot. I don't usually go in July but I took my granddaughter so it had to be school holidays.

In October Malta is lovely and warm but not oppresively hot. The sea is still warm too. In the North of the island, where I always stay, there are lovely beaches with sea that's shallow for a long way out, while deep enough to swim. The food is lovely and the natives are very friendly. Maltese teenagers are well behaved and polite and there's virtually no crime.

I go twice a year - and I wouldn't go if it wasn't ideal.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..