Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2007, 22:29   #31
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Where should I go??

agree with westender about malta,been a couple of times.only downside is if you like a late night slurp, things shut at midnight, ok if hotel bar serves late.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:01   #32
God Member

Yes, I hadn't thought of Malta. We went there two years ago in the October half term (towards the end of the month) and the weather was lovely. We were out by the pool every day. It rained once and we did struggle for something else to do, so we went in the pool anyway, it was warm enough and it didn't matter which water was getting us wet - plus, there was the most spectacular thunder and lightening storm one night.

Definitely worth looking at - highly recommended.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 08:52   #33
mez
God Member

slinks go with your gut instinct .......i do ...& ive not been dissapointed yet, have a lovely holiday wherever you choose.......... we all have memories of the places we visited, good or bad ...just enjoy.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:56   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Ender View Post
I came back from Malta yesterday. It was over 100' and far too hot. I don't usually go in July but I took my granddaughter so it had to be school holidays.

In October Malta is lovely and warm but not oppresively hot. The sea is still warm too. In the North of the island, where I always stay, there are lovely beaches with sea that's shallow for a long way out, while deep enough to swim. The food is lovely and the natives are very friendly. Maltese teenagers are well behaved and polite and there's virtually no crime.

I go twice a year - and I wouldn't go if it wasn't ideal.
Malta does look lovely, I have looked at malta in the brochures. Where abouts did you stay west ender?? just so i can get a rough idea of places.

Thanks again everyone!! it is helpful to know some of the good places. Sometimes when people suggest something, you haven't even thought about that place and it gives you a better picture.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 15:24   #35
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

as its yer first time ya got many great places to choose from, its half the fun sussing out i think.
Old 02-08-2007, 15:28   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
as its yer first time ya got many great places to choose from, its half the fun sussing out i think.
Yeah thats true but everywhere I see i'm like " oh thats nice we'll go there, oh no hold on we'll go here, oh no wait..............." I think Ginger is going off the idea already lmao.

Miracles do happen!!

Old 02-08-2007, 18:53   #37
Senior Member+

Costa Blanca is the best for me; it will still be hot enough in October, though a little chilly at night. Plenty of places still open and lots to do if you want to. I am off there next week ! Yippee !
Old 02-08-2007, 20:55   #38
Passed away 25-11-09

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky View Post
Malta does look lovely, I have looked at malta in the brochures. Where abouts did you stay west ender?? just so i can get a rough idea of places.

Thanks again everyone!! it is helpful to know some of the good places. Sometimes when people suggest something, you haven't even thought about that place and it gives you a better picture.

The last 4 times I've been in Malta I've stayed at the Riu Seabank Hotel in Mellieha Bay. It's right opposite the biggest sandy beach on the island and it's a lovely 4* hotel with a very nice pool and the food's great.

Mellieha is quiet, which I like, but if you want somewhere more lively there's St. Georges, St. Juliens and Sliema (where all the shops are - M&S and lots of Designer shops etc.). There are no proper sandy beaches down there, it's quite rocky, but nowhere is far away on Malta and you can get to the beaches on the buses (they are an experience) or hire a car. Oh, they drive on the left too - and the Maltese all speak English, it's their official 2nd language.

Seabank Hotel

Info about the hotel if you're interested.
Old 02-08-2007, 21:06   #39
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
Dominican rep is pretty constant weather all year, mid-upper 30s generally. All inclusive drink as much as you like is the way to go.

You didn't mention budget, teh above are uusually available ~£600-700 each. Remember you won't spend very much at all when you are there as you don't need to buy ale unless you go out the hotel and its quite cheap anyway.

I didn't like Tunisia, you get hassled to buy at every corner and teh souks are a pickpockets dream.

I believe Ibiza is open pretty much all year round if you want disco/party atmosphere.

Croatia is nice but you are going at the end of the season so stick to major towns like Split or Dubrovnick

I guess you need to tell us what you want out of it. Do you want to come back all relaxed or all partied out?

Nah ibiza is crap from september onwards, i come from there and when it gets to middle of september and all the clubs are close thats it, its dead
Yolanda25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 15:04   #40

I can recommend The Gambia. 5-6 hr flight, no time difference, very cheap food and drink, loads to do and see. It will be around 30C in October, and flights are around £250. My hubby and I have been 6 times and always have a great time. The people are wonderful too. The beaches are fabulous, with Sanyang beach being the best of them all IMO. Do give it a go, its wonderful.

Jelly Baby

Last edited by jelly baby; 05-08-2007 at 15:06.
jelly baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 17:16   #41
God Member

Arabia!!!!!!!
Old 05-08-2007, 19:05   #42

i've always wanted to go turkey, everything over there is super cheap, but theres everything there. beaches, good nite club, good quiet areas. i know some of my family have been and loved it.
Liam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 20:45   #43
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam View Post
i've always wanted to go turkey, everything over there is super cheap, but theres everything there. beaches, good nite club, good quiet areas. i know some of my family have been and loved it.
ONE bad thing about Turkey!!!!!!!!!!! It's closed in october

But I know what you mean Liam..... by bro - in - law goes every year and swears by it!!!

Miracles do happen!!

Old 05-08-2007, 20:59   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky View Post
ONE bad thing about Turkey!!!!!!!!!!! It's closed in october

But I know what you mean Liam..... by bro - in - law goes every year and swears by it!!!
my mum's boyfriends brother went there, and while he was there he got a big tattoo on his back, over here it would of cost like 80quid a letter over there it cost him 1/10 of the price. its cheap for anything!
Liam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 21:03   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam View Post
my mum's boyfriends brother went there, and while he was there he got a big tattoo on his back, over here it would of cost like 80quid a letter over there it cost him 1/10 of the price. its cheap for anything!
HMMMMM I wouldn't trust anything like a tattoo in a foreign country, just me being the paranoid person I am like

Miracles do happen!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..