Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2007, 11:48   #1
God Member

Where should I go??

Right, me and Ginger have got our passports through YIPPPEEEEE and we want to jet off somewhere nice in october.

It's our first time abroad and we are going away without the kids ( it's the honeymoon we never got ).

It's the end of October that we are going and I know some places close down due to being end of season. We were looking at Cyprus, but some places here close down, Turkey is the same ( but don't fancy Turkey any way ).. the only place that I found that I like the look of is Lanzarote.

So here is my question..............

Where would you recommend??

I want

1) sun

2) sea

3) beach

4) relaxation

I'm not much of a sight see'er, much more prefer to laze around, but I also want some things to do if I get bored lazing around ( which is highly doubtful )

Where should I go and why??

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-08-2007, 11:51   #2
God Member

Re: Where should I go??

Weather wise you'll struggle to find anywhere really warm in October, especially in europe. You might want to consider places like Tunisia or Egypt if you like it hot.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 11:57   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
Weather wise you'll struggle to find anywhere really warm in October, especially in europe. You might want to consider places like Tunisia or Egypt if you like it hot.
I have looked at Tunisia, and it does look lovely, and it's quite cheap.

Might have to look more into Tunisia.

Miracles do happen!!

Old 01-08-2007, 12:00   #4
God Member

I would suggest Costa Blanca.
Altea - Benidorm - Calpe.
Lived there for 7 years and found it fine all year.
Plenty of nightlife, shops, markets etc.,

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 12:02   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
I would suggest Costa Blanca.
Altea - Benidorm - Calpe.
Lived there for 7 years and found it fine all year.
Plenty of nightlife, shops, markets etc.,
I went to Benidorm when I was younger. I went in December and the weather was lovely, but sorry it's not for me.

Miracles do happen!!

Old 01-08-2007, 12:04   #6
God Member

) sun

2) sea

3) beach

4) relaxation

BLACKPOOL
Old 01-08-2007, 12:06   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
) sun

2) sea

3) beach

4) relaxation

BLACKPOOL
HMMMMMMMMMM now let me see

SEA - hmmmmm bit iffy

Beach - hmmmm even more iffy

Relaxation - hmmmmmmm bit iffy

I think I'll give it a miss

Miracles do happen!!

Old 01-08-2007, 12:10   #8
God Member

but if you travel to manchester mel...............you can fly there lol
Old 01-08-2007, 12:11   #9
God Member

Quote:
but if you travel to manchester mel...............you can fly there lol
LMAO!!! this is very true I suppose

Miracles do happen!!

Old 01-08-2007, 12:11   #10
God Member

can ya tell im bored?
Old 01-08-2007, 12:36   #11
God Member

Quote:
can ya tell im bored?
If you are bored, may I suggest a trip to Blackpool
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 12:40   #12
God Member

going to morcambe tomorrow eric
Old 01-08-2007, 12:41   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky View Post
Right, me and Ginger have got our passports through YIPPPEEEEE and we want to jet off somewhere nice in october.

It's our first time abroad and we are going away without the kids ( it's the honeymoon we never got ).

It's the end of October that we are going and I know some places close down due to being end of season. We were looking at Cyprus, but some places here close down, Turkey is the same ( but don't fancy Turkey any way ).. the only place that I found that I like the look of is Lanzarote.

So here is my question..............

Where would you recommend??

I want

1) sun

2) sea

3) beach

4) relaxation

I'm not much of a sight see'er, much more prefer to laze around, but I also want some things to do if I get bored lazing around ( which is highly doubtful )

Where should I go and why??
Try Baffin Island ... but be sure to take lots of Polar Bear repellent, it comes in several calibers (get in touch with Bullseye Barb, she could probably advise).
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 13:24   #14
God Member

Dominican rep is pretty constant weather all year, mid-upper 30s generally. All inclusive drink as much as you like is the way to go.

You didn't mention budget, teh above are uusually available ~£600-700 each. Remember you won't spend very much at all when you are there as you don't need to buy ale unless you go out the hotel and its quite cheap anyway.

I didn't like Tunisia, you get hassled to buy at every corner and teh souks are a pickpockets dream.

I believe Ibiza is open pretty much all year round if you want disco/party atmosphere.

Croatia is nice but you are going at the end of the season so stick to major towns like Split or Dubrovnick

I guess you need to tell us what you want out of it. Do you want to come back all relaxed or all partied out?

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 13:45   #15
Senior Member+

To get the warm weather in October you'll have to go to The Canaries, Tunisia or Cyprus.

I have lived in Cyprus and can highly recommend it. By the time it got to October the weather was just right. I lived in Limassol and that has everything. Its got the beaches, nightlife, shops etc.. Its also great because its only an hour away from both airports (Larnaca & Paphos) also Paphos itself for day trips and Ayia Napa if you want a mad night out are only an hour away.

Limassol has 2 waterparks and almost everything is in walking distance (although I wouldn't attempt to walk to the Old Town)

The Troodos Mountains are also not far (driving distance) The foods great the taxis are cheap and the drivers are well mannered, there are also buses everywhere. If you have a look there, let me know what hotels you look at and I can probably advise you if they are decent enough.
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..