Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-10-2012, 19:41   #1
God Member

Which digital camera?

Can anyone recommend a decent cheap digital camera for me to get for Reece please? I've looked though Littlewoods and Argos and even the vivitar and fujitsu ones don't have any decent reviews.

can anyone tell me what they have and if they are any good please, i want to spend as little as possible (less than £40 if i can)

Ta
Old 18-10-2012, 20:20   #2
Beacon of light

Re: Which digital camera?

I have a fuji finepix 600EXR...it is a belting camera, but you won't get one for £40.....mine was second hand and cost me £90.
It might be worth looking in places like Cash converters. People will often buy new camera's for their holidays and then when Christmas is looming sell them on. E-bay is a good place to start, Check out some camera's first so that you know what you want...the search e-bay.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2012, 20:54   #3

Cheap and decent do usually go together. I usually use e-bay in the hope of finding something i couldn't usually afford in good nick and at the right price.
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2012, 07:51   #4
God Member

Thankyou both of you, i'm going to Accy and Blackburn today so i'll have a look in both cash gen and cash con, it's for Reece's Media Studies at school, part of his GCSE coursework, he did a photoshoot at Towneley Hall with Jedimaster a few months ago and got a very B+ for it but that was with an expensive camera that belonged to Matt, a point and shoot can be kept in his pocket and can also take some good pics, i'll look around today
Old 19-10-2012, 08:15   #5
Resting in Peace

There having a sale at tesco so have a look at this link flashy
might help

http://www.tesco.com/direct/technolo...148+4294949296

Last edited by Mick; 19-10-2012 at 08:22.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2012, 14:50   #6
God Member

Ta Mick, got one from Cash Gen in Accy this morning for £9.99, it's a cracking little camera, paid £9.99 for a 4gb Samsung memory card (SD card) for it too (from a camera shop in Blackburn)

so a camera plus memory card for less than £20, Reece is really chuffed with it, he's off to the Lowry Theatre with it tonight
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo0907.jpg (494.5 KB, 23 views)
Old 19-10-2012, 14:54   #7
Beacon of light

Looks like you got a good deal there Shaz.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 22:42   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Looks like you got a good deal there Shaz.
yep can't complain at £10 for 9MP camera. Nice deal!
Old 25-10-2012, 05:47   #9
God Member

Get it right Rob...it's a 9.1 mega pixel lol
Old 26-10-2012, 00:24   #10
Senior Member+

hahaha

Mental block/crap at maths question-- If 9.0 is Nine Million megapixels..... What does the .1 represent?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..