Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Which political party wins your approval...
Labour 12 28.57%
Liberal Democrat 2 4.76%
Conservative 4 9.52%
RESPECT 1 2.38%
Green Party 1 2.38%
British National Party 16 38.10%
Liberty 0 0%
Social Democratic and Labour Party 0 0%
The Pensioners Party 2 4.76%
Other 4 9.52%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-01-2008, 22:11   #76
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Which party do you support?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
As more and more legislation-making now takes place in Brussels (or Strausbourg) and this process is being accelerated as the government surrenders more and more of our hard-won independence, the choice of who to vote for in Parliament is becoming increasingly irrelevant...in fact, you may as well vote for the Monster Raving Loony Party and I may well do so at the next election.
would have considered that meself if sutch had not croaked.
Old 23-01-2008, 22:17   #77
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
would have considered that meself if sutch had not croaked.
Top-notch bloke and a top rock 'n' roller, as you well know, Mr C!
Old 23-01-2008, 22:30   #78
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
As more and more legislation-making now takes place in Brussels (or Strausbourg) and this process is being accelerated as the government surrenders more and more of our hard-won independence, the choice of who to vote for in Parliament is becoming increasingly irrelevant...in fact, you may as well vote for the Monster Raving Loony Party and I may well do so at the next election.
Sounds like a reasonable arguement to me.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2008, 22:36   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
i vote labour just to keep the tories out.they single handly destroyed most of the manufacturing industry in britain.

It is important to remember just what the Tories did to the ordinary working people of this country and how we are still living with Thatcher's legacy and will be for years. So many people were consigned to the scrapheap by her policies.

All those privatisations mean that gas, electricty and phone companies put profit first, they are more interested in making money for their shareholders than charging fair prices.

Last edited by claytonender; 23-01-2008 at 22:39.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2008, 22:45   #80
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender View Post
It is important to remember just what the Tories did to the ordinary working people of this country and how we are still living with Thatcher's legacy and will be for years. So many people were consigned to the scrapheap by her policies.

All those privatisations mean that gas, electricty and phone companies put profit first, they are more interested in making money for their shareholders than charging fair prices.
you sure as hell nailed it dead claytonender.
Old 24-01-2008, 07:27   #81
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender View Post
But the Tories haven't been in power for the last eleven years. So would you care to tell us when this present Labour administration are going to unveil their plans to take those companies back into state ownership?
Old 24-01-2008, 08:04   #82
God Member

Can I just say I LOVE immigrants whether legal or not, and there is no chance in hell that I'd vote for BNP even if I didn't.

Some of my closest friends have immigrated here, or their parents/grandparents have in the past and they've been born here. There was a programme on a while ago that struggled to find anyone 100% british, there was blood in most people from all over the globe, and chances are there isn't a 100% british person on this forum.

Its ok to say send away the immigrants blah blah blah, but most of you will have at least one friend who isn't british born or at least their families aren't. I think the idea of wanting to deport immigrants is an idea of the older generation, not mine, and its horrible.

Do you deport their children with them aswell? Or do the british born children of them get to say. Do you set an age limit on that? What age do you decide a child doesnt need their mother or father if you allow them to stay if they've reached a certain age? Would it be 18? I still need my mum... 21? I reckon I'll still need her then. I reckon there are people on here alot older who will say they still need their mum.

We have foreign friends on this forum, and if I was them I'd be a bit offended by those people who are supporters of BNP, because your basically saying we dont need them as our friends, in fact we dont want them in the country at all. That labels you two faced, and it also makes accyweb look bad that there are as many BNP supporters on it as Labour.

I thought the first was a joke, but 7? i hope thats just a case of following the sheep and not what you really believe, because its disgusting.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2008, 08:06   #83
God Member

Quote:
Wouldn't that become irrelevant if a party withdrew us from the EU?
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2008, 08:41   #84
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
Wouldn't that become irrelevant if a party withdrew us from the EU?
Possibly, but that isn't going to happen. I wouldn't vote for the two parties who want to take us out of the EU anyway, because one (BNP) I wouldn't support in a million years, especially with a non-white, immigrant wife, and the other (UKIP) seems to have a lot of policies that are dangerously old-style Tory. So all I've got left are the Loonies!
Old 24-01-2008, 10:12   #85
God Member

Quote:
Can I just say I LOVE immigrants whether legal or not,
What about the fat ones and the racist ones ?
Old 24-01-2008, 10:30   #86
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

ya know i think i will vote next time, so then i can moan to my hearts content!
and then noone will have 'a go'....
Old 24-01-2008, 10:46   #87
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
ya know i think i will vote next time, so then i can moan to my hearts content!
and then noone will have 'a go'....
Old 24-01-2008, 10:47   #88
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
67.gifto you too
Old 24-01-2008, 11:26   #89
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
to you too
You have a bigger mouth than me
Old 24-01-2008, 16:08   #90
Senior Member+

Quote:
Can I just say I LOVE immigrants whether legal or not, and there is no chance in hell that I'd vote for BNP even if I didn't.

knowone is telling you to vote bnp, and im not a supporter myself
Some of my closest friends have immigrated here, or their parents/grandparents have in the past and they've been born here. There was a programme on a while ago that struggled to find anyone 100% british, there was blood in most people from all over the globe, and chances are there isn't a 100% british person on this forum.

my family tree is still ongoing , as my surname will tell you my clan go back along way, but you may be right on this, as i dont know for sure
Its ok to say send away the immigrants blah blah blah, but most of you will have at least one friend who isn't british born or at least their families aren't. I think the idea of wanting to deport immigrants is an idea of the older generation, not mine, and its horrible.

i do have good friends from all walks of life, and i would never change them, foreign or not, makes no difference,
Do you deport their children with them aswell? Or do the british born children of them get to say. Do you set an age limit on that? What age do you decide a child doesnt need their mother or father if you allow them to stay if they've reached a certain age? Would it be 18? I still need my mum... 21? I reckon I'll still need her then. I reckon there are people on here alot older who will say they still need their mum.

thousands of foreign kids come here on their own and are put up by social services, usually they are 26yr old have ditched their passports(which in itself is illegal) and claim to be under 18, where are their parents who care so much for them. oh yes i have never needed my mum nor will i ever
We have foreign friends on this forum, and if I was them I'd be a bit offended by those people who are supporters of BNP, because your basically saying we dont need them as our friends, in fact we dont want them in the country at all. That labels you two faced, and it also makes accyweb look bad that there are as many BNP supporters on it as Labour.

i have no problem with immigrants, as long as its through the proper chanels and they really are in danger, but people who use and abuse the system are not welcome, (most of the human trafficers are foreign, you support this cruelty blazey as you have said you love all immigrants well shame on you for thinking young girls should be locked up and used as prostitutes).
I thought the first was a joke, but 7? i hope thats just a case of following the sheep and not what you really believe, because its disgusting.
why do you seem to think its just bnp supporters that dislike immigrants, you can vote labour or tories or whoever doesnt mean you like immigrants, its peoples personal choice and its their beliefs,
jackyalex is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..