Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2007, 08:38   #1
God Member

Whinney Hill

does anyone know what all the digging and flattening work going on by the entrance to the tip on whinney hill is?
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-09-2007, 20:50   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Whinney Hill

noticed that on the way home yesterday.. deffo looks like a road of sorts... but where to ?... tha track that leads to stanleys ground ?
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 20:53   #3
God Member

Perhaps it's more houses for people who felt that the estate at the bottom was too far away from the tip.
Wonder if you'd get a reduction in council tax as you'd be able to take your rubbish accross the road to the tip yourself lol.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 19:48   #4

Been wondering about this myself. Not seen it close up but noticed it while walking through the cemetery on burnley road.
Old 12-09-2007, 19:52   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
Perhaps it's more houses for people who felt that the estate at the bottom was too far away from the tip.
Wonder if you'd get a reduction in council tax as you'd be able to take your rubbish accross the road to the tip yourself lol.
I cant believe their are people who move in there and then complain about the smell.
Mr Aleks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 21:20   #6

I must say some of the new houses as been bult on tips and waist land nower days were there is land some one will buy it just to put home on them
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2007, 13:11   #7
God Member

These works are explained in a reply I got when I made enquiries about the spraying -
At Whinney Hill currently, they have installed and are using a temporary deodoriser (located to the left of the site entrance and up Whinney Hill Road) due to engineering works being carried out on the old part of the site to improve environmental performance. This work involves installing an engineering cap to the landfill which will reduce infiltration of rainwater (and so protect groundwater, as well as allow more efficient collection of landfill gas and use in the gas engines (to produce electricity) and not lost to the atmosphere (greenhouse gas). Part of this work does involve partial re-profiling of the flanks of the landfill therefore old waste has been dug into and moved to other parts of the site. http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...tml#post477781

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2007, 20:04   #8
Senior Member+

yeah but that still doesnt tell me what they are building/digging/making across the road from the tip...its all lined with sand..looks like a resovoir of sorts ??...or have I missed something in the post above ?
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2007, 21:23   #9
Senior Member+

Sita who own whinney hill tip not the council. have used up the front of the tip to full capacity and are now moving to the rear of the tip thats why there is a deorderiser. On the full side which is covered in white sheets they are landscaping and are planting trees and creating a resivoir and a nature reserve this is what we where told when we asked when we went to the tip to drop some rubbish off.
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..