Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-03-2013, 18:02   #1
Junior Member+

Whinney Hill Tip

Hi - I've just bought a terraced house in Clayton and am starting to refurb. Can I take rubble/bricks to Whinney Hill Tip? I've looked on the website but it doesn't do a comprehensive list of what you can and can't take - do they have general skips there?
Mrs Dickens is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-03-2013, 18:13   #2

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!
Re: Whinney Hill Tip

Yep they have a rubble skip
Old 23-03-2013, 18:28   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Don't go in a large van though.
Old 23-03-2013, 18:39   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Don't go in a large van though.
You can get permits to take a van, so long as it`s not twin axle.
https://lccsecure.lancashire.gov.uk/...ervices/waste/
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2013, 18:51   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
You can get permits to take a van, so long as it`s not twin axle.
https://lccsecure.lancashire.gov.uk/...ervices/waste/
Not twin axle, that`s trailers, vans must only have two wheels per axle.
Old 23-03-2013, 19:43   #6
Junior Member+

Thanks very much for these replies. My friend has a trailor with just two wheels so we should be okay without a permit.
Mrs Dickens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2013, 23:16   #7

The Whinney Hill tip, are they filling the quarry in with all the waste. used to play in the quarry as a kid.
Alan Gilmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2013, 10:09   #8
Senior Member+

Yep it stinks in Summer and there are loads of flies around
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2013, 11:02   #9
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Gilmartin View Post
The Whinney Hill tip, are they filling the quarry in with all the waste. used to play in the quarry as a kid.
Google earth it Alan... it will take some filling..there's a walk takes you from Whinney Hill road across the back of the old kilns to the old Altham Moorfield pit. The depth/volume of the hole is amazing.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2013, 11:45   #10
God Member

haslingden tip is less fussy they just get the job done as it comes in.Whinney hill is full of little jobsworths that insist on inspecting every bag you take in so if you get any messing about at whinney hill look up the haslingden tip and make a call just to check first but there shouldnt be a problem.Its a bit more of a trek but sometimes a little further is worth a lot less hassle

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2013, 02:02   #11

Where can twin-axle vehicles go in our area? I had a complaint from a resident re twin-axle vehicle being refused access to Whinney Hill Tip.
Judith Addison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2013, 11:00   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judith Addison View Post
Where can twin-axle vehicles go in our area? I had a complaint from a resident re twin-axle vehicle being refused access to Whinney Hill Tip.
I think they would have to use the none domestic bit where they go over the weighbridge and they would have to pay.

Probably best to give them a ring and ask though, phone number in link on post #4

Last edited by gpick24; 27-03-2013 at 11:04.
Old 27-03-2013, 13:56   #13
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judith Addison View Post
They will probably just fly tip like other people in the same situation. I can't understand why they can't sign the book to say its domestic and empty like the rest of us. We have a twin axle trailer at work I can borrow but the waste would be from my house so is domestic.
Old 27-03-2013, 14:29   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
They will probably just fly tip like other people in the same situation. I can't understand why they can't sign the book to say its domestic and empty like the rest of us. We have a twin axle trailer at work I can borrow but the waste would be from my house so is domestic.
It`s daft isn`t it, it`s the same if you have a van that has dual rear wheels, what difference does it make, it`s still crap from my house.
Old 27-03-2013, 22:43   #15

Worked at Whinney Hill tip in 84. Just as it was getting warmer, the nearby incinerator failed. It meant that the local vets brought a LOT of dead animals to us. Lots of heavy black plastic bags with Rover and Tibbles in them left outside the gates of an evening to be sorted out upon arrival in the morning. Sadly, the vermin often got to the bags first. Yummy!
egg&chips is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bricks, rubble, whinney hill tip

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..