Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By accyman
  • 1 Post By Bob Dobson

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-05-2013, 11:24   #1

Who owns this land ????????

Now I,m sure somebody will know (Cashman). Its,s the patch of land over canal bridge 113 that,s the swing bridge opposite express gifts car park.
At the moment the area is being plagued by lads on motorbikes but they are not all local as there have been as many as four vans parked at the entrance, at least 3 times in the last month I have come face to face with a motorcycle being ridden at breakneck speed along the towpath I now refuse to give ground and just carry on on my way, in the last instance i was walking back from Clayton and was passed from behind by three up on a small scooter sadly my little swerve to the right to throw em off balance as they passed failed to have the required outcome.
I spoke to the PCSO in the area this morning and they seem to think the land belongs the Dunk which if true and they have permission to be there I don,t have a problem but they should not be on the towpath, please can i ask if anybody is on there and they come face to face with motor bikes on the towpath please ring the police on 101.
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-05-2013, 11:45   #2
God Member

Re: Who owns this land ????????

im assuming teh desired effect was them veering off into the canal

if so

better luck next time
jaysay and Alan Varrechia like this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2013, 12:40   #3
Senior Member+

I think Brian Barnes own some land down there, seen his tow truck a few times going around the back of where they ride, down towards the storage containers.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2013, 15:22   #4
Senior Member+

Ringing 101 gets you nowhere. All you do is speak to somebody who doesn't know the area and it takes ages for them to answer
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2013, 17:39   #5
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
I think Brian Barnes own some land down there, seen his tow truck a few times going around the back of where they ride, down towards the storage containers.
Is that Brian Barnes the scrap metal dealer Mr. G. Haven't seen him for years, once sold him a kitchen years ago when he lived in the lodge house down the coach road.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2013, 18:07   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Its the same one that had scrap yard up roe-greave,
Old 21-05-2013, 18:45   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Its the same one that had scrap yard up roe-greave,
Ya same one cashy
Old 21-05-2013, 20:41   #8
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Is that Brian Barnes the scrap metal dealer Mr. G. Haven't seen him for years, once sold him a kitchen years ago when he lived in the lodge house down the coach road.
Is that the coach road over the plantation. That house used to give me the fear when I was little. Always reminded me of a 1970's English horror movie.
Old 21-05-2013, 20:47   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Yes, although I think it was his lad driving.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2013, 00:40   #10
Junior Member+

brian barnes dosent own the land, i know him, the only land he owns is what the caravan scrapyard is situated on at the bottom of the lane after you cross the swing bridge. the land to your immidiate right after you cross the swing bridge where the motorbikes usually ride could be owned by united utilities as they did some work there a couple of years ago enlarging a sewage/storm water chamber that lies underneath it
urban caveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2013, 04:44   #11
Senior Member+

The replacement name for British Waterways, a Trust, owns the towpath, and ,for the purposes of the Road Traffic Act is a road ( a highway or any other road to which the public have access), so the bikers on there need to drive in a proper manner and be insured. I suggest you try to speak with the 'territorial inspector' who covers Church and give him some earache.
DtheP47 likes this.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2013, 08:26   #12
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by westendlass View Post
Is that the coach road over the plantation. That house used to give me the fear when I was little. Always reminded me of a 1970's English horror movie.
Its sure is WL although the house that he lived in was the gatekeepers house at the end of the drive, the main house was inhabited when I first started playing in the Plantation, think I've mentioned it before but the last family to occupy the big house were called Lowbell the son was called Ronnie, I actually think he's a member on here, he now lives in Clitheroe. could never understand why that magnificent house was left to become a ruin it was a marvelous building

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..