Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-09-2013, 18:19   #1
Senior Member+

Why does it always happen to me?

Once parked our caravan in the middle of a farmers empty field in the middle of winter. Woke up early the next morning to Radio 1 on loud. Looked out- 10 foot from us was another caravan, must have arrived while we were asleep. The rest of the field was still empty.
I'll park at the far end of the supermarket car park where there are no cars and walk all the way across. I'll guarantee there'll be at least 1 car parked next to me, usually on my side of the white line. Once had £1500 of dents in a new Jag within 8 months, all on supermarket car parks. I've given up now, I just ignore the dents.
Went to Morrisons today, did a reasonable bit of shopping, walked down all the checkouts to find one with no queue, found one with an old couple(yes even older than me) just finishing loading their trolley. Unloaded mine onto the belt and waited. And waited. She had two of the biggest handbags I've ever seen, each covered in zips, flaps and openings. I'm not kidding, she went through both bags twice, then started on her pockets, gave up and started on the bags again. Her husband just stood there looking useless.
After a while I lent on the till, then eventually closed my eyes. When I opened them she was pulling a purse from her coat and giving me a dirty look! Can't think why.
They were still stood rooting about when I left.
Doesn't matter which queue I pick, it always happens.
Anyone else lucky that way?
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-09-2013, 18:32   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Why does it always happen to me?

Yeh me Gordon got 1 at tesco this morning at the till, a geezer older n me, had more vouchers than i cared to count, half of which were useless cos he hadn't even bought the stuff they were for. n to make it worse one that did be some use would not scan, so then had to wait fer a supervisor to sort it out, cos the cashier had no idea what to do, probably nothing to do wi the fact she wasn't english. was getting really annoyed n then i bumped into Mick at top of escalator so depression lifted.
esteemedjuju likes this.
Old 30-09-2013, 20:31   #3
Senior Member+

Gold and Silver for moaning go to GB and Cashy.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2013, 20:43   #4
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dobson View Post
Thats not moaning, those are the facts of life. I've had bumps on the car awarded to me for shopping at Asda, so far nowt happened if I visit Tesco, they have more disabled parking slots.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2013, 20:46   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dobson View Post
It's a prerogative of old age,Bob. If you don't moan you should see a doctor.
Old 30-09-2013, 21:00   #6

I once parked at the car park furthest away from the door to protect my car and came out to find someone parked next to me and loads of empty spaces between my car and the door. Last week a woman drove into the space next to me whilst on the phone, again plenty of empty spaces but no she had to park next to me, she was so close she couldn't even get out. Another time a guy in a caravenette parked so close he just got out of the rear door and I had to just stand in the rain waiting for him to come back as he wasn't even in the store the car park belonged to. But the worse one was a car parked across the front on me on the car park at uni. Just got to keep laughing about it.
esteemedjuju likes this.
xavtia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2013, 21:03   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavtia View Post
. Just got to keep laughing about it.
I hate people who can do that. Humbug!
Old 30-09-2013, 21:15   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I would have laughed also, after letting the tyres down.
Gordon Booth likes this.
Old 01-10-2013, 00:29   #9

I've got to admit I laugh about it now but I didn't laugh at the time especially the one at uni, it was my birthday and took me 3 hours to get off the car park. Was not impressed with that at all at the time, but much older and wiser now.
xavtia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:46   #10
Senior Member+

I think GB & Cashy know that I was having a go at them. No malice aforethought
cashman likes this.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 14:01   #11
Senior Member+

A Squadron night out in Sheffield, phone call that my second child was imminent, found car blocked in by a mini. The car was then physically lifted out of the way and placed so that there was no way it could be driven out - was still there 3 days later.
jaysay likes this.
Old 01-10-2013, 17:30   #12
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I would have laughed also, after letting the tyres down.
I was once on the Arndale car park parked in the disabled spaces right opposite the doors into the shops, when this young woman drove up in a sporty car and parked in another disabled space, she got out of the car she was wearing a very smart business suit and carrying a brief case. I said excuse me, but these spaces are for disabled people, she just looked and said I'll be disabled for today then, so I just replied so will your car when I let all your F-in tyre's down you selfish bitch, she moved the car
cashman and westendlass like this.
Old 02-10-2013, 14:42   #13
Junior Member+

At Lakeside shopping centre Essex clampers deal with perfectly able bodied people who abuse disabled parking and even Tesco have a regular patrol for blue badges doesn't cure it completely but helps
essexshar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 15:25   #14
Senior Member+

I had to leave my tanker in a company premises overnight with another driver.
We decided to leave the whole of my outfit and the other driver would leave his tank and we would go in his unit to the car park in Doncaster about three miles away.
We had good digs on Christchurch Road and went for a few pints that evening.
We left the digs about 8. Am after breakfast and walked back to the car park only to find the market had been set up and the unit was blocked in.
I got a taxi back to my tanker and pumped the load off, then I got his tank and unloaded that and parked it outside the factory ready for him..
My mate had to wait until after 3PM when a few stalls were moved.
He explained to the TM that the tanks at the factory were full after I tipped and he had to wait until they used a bit of the liquid. He got away with including waiting time money.
My mate passed away years ago but I bet a few of you old timers will remember him, name was Len Mimnagh a regular around the town pubs.
Old 02-10-2013, 17:21   #15
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I was once on the Arndale car park parked in the disabled spaces right opposite the doors into the shops, when this young woman drove up in a sporty car and parked in another disabled space, she got out of the car she was wearing a very smart business suit and carrying a brief case. I said excuse me, but these spaces are for disabled people, she just looked and said I'll be disabled for today then, so I just replied so will your car when I let all your F-in tyre's down you selfish bitch, she moved the car
If you were capable of letting her tyres down, you could have worked at quick fit!

Tsk! People always think 'their' case is special!

When even Tories could work for a living.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..