Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2012, 20:08   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Why Nelson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve2qec View Post
In future please do your taunting on the Trivia Quiz thread.
Sorry
Accrington Web
Old 04-09-2012, 20:13   #17
Senior Member+

Smile Re: Why Nelson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
Sorry
i fully understand thread wanders, there was a certain amount of sarcasm in my thread wandering comments, that make a reference to previous post.

i think thats the whole point, of a forum, its how conversations progress.

it just gets used as a weopon by some on here, when they dont want to discuss, a point they have made, wander all you like on my thread, feel free to put your boots on and take a a figurative hike through the thread, you will not hear me complain
churchfcrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 20:20   #18
Senior Member+

You misunderstand sir, my apology was for the Taunting not the Wandering
Old 04-09-2012, 20:22   #19
Senior Member+

well thats something else, that needs no apology, sorry i didnt get it
Old 04-09-2012, 20:27   #20
Senior Member+

There is no need to apologise for my apology, or the lack of understanding my apology. No offence was meant or taken at any point during any given or taken apology, so once again sorry
Old 05-09-2012, 09:00   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
there is no need to apologise for my apology, or the lack of understanding my apology. No offence was meant or taken at any point during any given or taken apology, so once again sorry:d
Eh
Old 05-09-2012, 12:25   #22
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Needed some help to actually google, not a good sign.

In future put your own proof on, don't rely on others, sometimes they turn against you.
Don't think it is actually necessary for members to put up a link. Some are not good at googling and other members do enjoy doing it for them.

Sometimes, even after googling, local people may have some personal knowledge to add which can put Wikipedia's report into shade.

The thread would have probably come to a stop very quickly, without the thread wander and your moaning.

More posts there are is good for the Stats, and don't think your Roy would grumble about this.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 13:02   #23

Ironically, Nelson, New Zealand was named nearly 30 years before Nelson, Lancashire.
Balbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 13:04   #24
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balbus View Post
Ironically, Nelson, New Zealand was named nearly 30 years before Nelson, Lancashire.
and im guessing that it was named after Horatio
Old 05-09-2012, 13:15   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Don't think it is actually necessary for members to put up a link. Some are not good at googling and other members do enjoy doing it for them.

Sometimes, even after googling, local people may have some personal knowledge to add which can put Wikipedia's report into shade.

The thread would have probably come to a stop very quickly, without the thread wander and your moaning.

More posts there are is good for the Stats, and don't think your Roy would grumble about this.
True Kate -i enjoyed reading the thread though could add nothing except perhaps to comment that most place names have an interesting history. There will no doubt be lots of others in the area which could be discussed.

Less does like a good grumble from time to time...

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 13:23   #26
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post

Less does like a good grumble from time to time...
I think he is just a plant, Mobertol, to stir up the masses to create more posts and increase the Stats.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 13:45   #27
Senior Member+

Quote:
I think he is just a plant, Mobertol, to stir up the masses to create more posts and increase the Stats.
think you got the plant bit right! of the weed variety, that just creeps into where its not wanted, but with a little bit of work, you either learn to ignore it or treat it
Old 05-09-2012, 13:50   #28
God Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by churchfcrules View Post
think you got the plant bit right! of the weed variety, that just creeps into where its not wanted, but with a little bit of work, you either learn to ignore it or treat it
A sort of insider/double agent -could be Kate, you may be right!

As to the word "plant" -I look forward to reading his reaction

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 05-09-2012, 13:58   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
A sort of insider/double agent -could be Kate, you may be right!

As to the word "plant" -I look forward to reading his reaction

it was wrong of me, for baiting, and i did think twice before pressing send, but the liddil divil in me couldnt resist it.
Old 05-09-2012, 15:18   #30
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchfcrules View Post
it was wrong of me, for baiting, and i did think twice before pressing send, but the liddil divil in me couldnt resist it.
Dennis the Menace in person!
Don't worry, Less is a big boy he can take it -he wouldn't have thought twice about writing the same to you I'm sure

~ D. H. Lawrence

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..