Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-02-2015, 16:07   #1
Junior Member+

Window Cleaner

In desperate need of a window cleaner, any recommendations??
harribo is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-02-2015, 16:20   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Window Cleaner

It would help if you said what area you lived in.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2015, 16:21   #3
Full Member+

Window cleaners have " rounds " , so you can only use the cleaner whose round you live on , unless this rule has changed recently. Where do you live ?
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2015, 16:22   #4
Junior Member+

Hyndburn Road
Old 25-02-2015, 17:46   #5
Full Member+

I Hope you find a good one. Mine is awful. He uses a new fangled thing that wets the window through a sort of brush.It has a long handle so no need for ladders. The windows are left wet no shammy in sight. I call him 'The window wetter' cause he certainly isn't a cleaner. Still as Greeny says you don't have much choice and I cant start going up ladders at my age.
Rowlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2015, 20:37   #6
Full Member+

My thoughts on this are
if you paying someone to do the job you should be able to pick who you want
US Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2015, 10:01   #7
Junior Member+

Anybody know of a window cleaner in the Church area, specifically Hyndburn Rd nr Lidl?

Do window cleaners still exist? I have Googled to no avail - all results for commercial companies.
Old 27-02-2015, 10:10   #8
Senior Member+

We have one does our windows (close to you), I think they are due to come today for payment, I`ll get their number number if they do.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 09:33   #9
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
We have one does our windows (close to you), I think they are due to come today for payment, I`ll get their number number if they do.
Cheers, DM me the number if you have it.
Old 02-03-2015, 09:50   #10
Senior Member+

She said she`d post a business card through my letterbox next time she`s passing but hasn`t yet, Hyndburn road is on their round though.
Old 02-03-2015, 11:32   #11
Senior Member+

PM sent, they do mine and I've seen the vans around Church and Blackburn road area doing the new houses.
Old 02-03-2015, 16:31   #12
Junior Member+

Thanks guys, appreciate it!
Old 16-03-2015, 09:18   #13
Senior Member+

Just in case you didn`t get it sorted, here`s the card.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CCI160315_00000.jpg (60.5 KB, 24 views)
Old 25-04-2015, 09:20   #14
God Member

did you get sorted with a window cleaner? If not please feel free to PM me and I'll come and have a look for you.

As far as window cleaners having rounds is concerned they do and they don't. The customer DOES reserve the right to use whoever they like but some window cleaners will have a fit if they see another guy on 'their patch'. My opinion (as a window cleaner) is that if I know one guy does the vast majority of an area then I'd leave it alone, but most areas now have numerous guys doing a couple of houses each - so I have no problem joining in. If I know the guy who does your street then I'd probably offer it them first, if they don't want to do it (previous bad payer, moaner, windows they can't reach etc) then I'd offer to step in.

As for the 'window wetter' you are talking about the Water Fed Pole System. Done right this method is infinitely better than the mop and squeegee method. It should be done with pure water that has had all the minerals and chemicals removed. This allows the water to evaporate without leaving any spotting or rings of dust behind. A first clean of a property may still leave traces behind (again, if done right) because the brush will be used to thoroughly clean your frames and vents. These, and joints in the frame, will still seep a little after the clean is finished and it is the contaminated water that leaves dirt behind. This needs doing the first time but after that the window wetter should leave a 100% clean frame and pane that stays clean longer than the traditional method that leaves sticky (not to the touch but to water) soap residue behind.

In short, the WFP method is quicker, more efficient, far safer, less damaging to property and gardens. The downside, and the reason why the vast majority of window cleaners are still traipsing up and down ladders is the prohibitive set up cost of all the equipment, the manufacturing of the pure water, and the fact that the cleaner will need a van rather than his Ford Focus.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg leaflet scan 001.jpg (484.0 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by maccawozzagod; 25-04-2015 at 09:25.
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2015, 09:54   #15
Senior Member+

My window cleaner used both methods depending on the type of property.
He uses the traditional method on my bungalow and always does the PVC window frame and ledge.
I have washed mine with brush and hosepipe once but found the dust from the garden stuck before the water dried and it left marks.
I suppose a proper window cleaner man would have made a better job, that's why I employ one now.
He does inside if I ask and charges double of course.

Tags
window cleaner

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..