Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2007, 06:58   #1
God Member

Womens Work?

How come you can give a women 5 pairs of socks.. and say ..a couple of t-shirts to put in the wash.. and you don't get nowt back?.. or you might get 2 pairs of odd socks back and find a t-shirt 2 months later?...

In t'imes gone by you could get home from work..dinner on t'able, change socks and go down pub...but nowdays you get these fancy washin machines women like to have.. they put a gallon of fabric softening stuff in,gel,cubes... but 4 hours later .. the socks have disappeared!
Never happend when they had good old mangle.. put yer socks in and they came out on t'other end.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-03-2007, 07:42   #2
God Member

Re: Womens Work?

aye, its the hungry washing machine. They are known to eat socks (at least they are at our house )

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 08:53   #3
Resident Waffler

It's a well known fact that washing machines eat socks. Ours has been particularly hungry recently.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 08:56   #4
Resting in Peace

just buy all black socks then you allways have a pair
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 09:07   #5
Resident Waffler

I do that with white ones for the kids but it doesn't stop em disappearing! They get down to about one sock each!

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 09:11   #6
God Member

I've noticed more odd pairs of socks recently than I had before and of course blamed it on the hungry washing machine ....... until I found out the pups been nicking them and hiding them in the garden!!!
Old 07-03-2007, 10:44   #7
God Member

Ah bless! I too had that problem when mine was a puppy, he also had a fetish for tights, although the ending to that particular problem wasn't too pleasant - let's just say they didn;t come out naturally
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 10:54   #8
I am Banned

Aye yep the washer is a clothes muching machine - had evidence recently, when my fav cardi came out of washer chewed as did my pillow case

So the holes in the kids socks maybe result of attempted washer bites
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 11:10   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
How come you can give a women 5 pairs of socks.. and say ..a couple of t-shirts to put in the wash.. and you don't get nowt back?.. or you might get 2 pairs of odd socks back and find a t-shirt 2 months later?...

In t'imes gone by you could get home from work..dinner on t'able, change socks and go down pub...but nowdays you get these fancy washin machines women like to have.. they put a gallon of fabric softening stuff in,gel,cubes... but 4 hours later .. the socks have disappeared!
Never happend when they had good old mangle.. put yer socks in and they came out on t'other end.
You could always DIY
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 11:37   #10
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grego View Post
You could always DIY
He probably does.

Which would explain why he was on here all night, and started this thread at 6.58 am, whilst waiting for his delicates to finish.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 12:51   #11
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Womens Work?

If your washing machine is eating socks then the answer is quite simple. Don’t wear socks then you have none to wash. If there are none to wash the machine can't eat them.

However I have trained my washing machine to behave. Everything that gets put in comes out in the same condition that it went in except the items are clean. But my machine does get its revenge. It turns everything inside out including socks when it is feeling particularly grumpy but on good days it is only the odd item.

OK! Nurse! I’ll put that jacket on now I’ve finished typing.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:54   #12
Senior Member+

Isn't there a bag thing you can get made out of netting stuff that you can put your socks and smalls in???
Old 07-03-2007, 12:57   #13
God Member

My machine doesn't eat socks either, dont have a problem there, the underwire from bra's, well thats a different story, lost count how many times they've been dragged from the filter.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:57   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthead View Post
Isn't there a bag thing you can get made out of netting stuff that you can put your socks and smalls in???
Yeah Betterware
Old 07-03-2007, 13:08   #15
God Member

Just use an old pillow case

<Ian in domesticated shocker!>

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..