Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-04-2009, 16:53   #1
Senior Member+

Wood / mesh needed

Does anyone have any wood / mesh or something that i can attatch to the bottom of my fence in the back garden to stop the dog & rabbit escaping?? Last week it was the rabbit, this week the puppy got out (strange, he wont normally leave the garden but next door had been having a BBQ)

I need something quite urgently which is why I am asking if someone has anything suitable lying around that I could buy off them.

Thanks in advance

Emma
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-04-2009, 17:03   #2

Re: Wood / mesh needed

Took a load to the tip on Thursday - all I have left is some chipboard panels. Will last a while (temporarily until you get summat sorted) but not very good outdoors for a long period. You can have a couple free of charge if you like. How long a gap you need covering??

churchman phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2009, 17:06   #3
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchman phil View Post
Took a load to the tip on Thursday - all I have left is some chipboard panels. Will last a while (temporarily until you get summat sorted) but not very good outdoors for a long period. You can have a couple free of charge if you like. How long a gap you need covering??
A good few metres, but have realised that I would need something at least 12" deep so that i can fix it to the fence and it be pushed firm to the ground. There is slates covering the space at the moment but these have been moved somehow (dog, my kids, next doors kids?? dunno who but someone has) and eventhough I have put them back am sure that they would move again.
Old 18-04-2009, 17:10   #4

Well I have four or five pieces - maybe cover about 4-5 metres. If you want 'em you can have 'em. Sorry but I can't deliver as I don't drive - PM me for my address if you can come and get them.

Old 18-04-2009, 17:14   #5
Senior Member+

PM sent, thank you

Still need a bit more if anyone has anything else lying around

Thanks
Old 19-04-2009, 11:18   #6

Hope you got your fence done Emzy!

Old 19-04-2009, 11:35   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchman phil View Post
Hope you got your fence done Emzy!
Yeah, most of it thank you, did hit my finger with the hammer though
Old 19-04-2009, 11:40   #8
Senior Member+

might as well come and take my fence, since the guy next door puts his dog in my garden to poo anyway... whats the point of the fence?

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2009, 12:15   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum View Post
might as well come and take my fence, since the guy next door puts his dog in my garden to poo anyway... whats the point of the fence?

Report him for it
Old 19-04-2009, 12:20   #10

Or throw the poo back over!! He can't blame you if you've no dog....

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..