Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-06-2007, 14:43   #16
Resident Waffler

Re: Would You Disclose Details?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I'm not mean, I just have my favourite charities and when you are on a fixed income you have to draw the line somewhere.

I totally agree that it's absolutely unfair to put people on the spot like that too by asking you to sign up for a regular donation on your own front doorstep.

I don't mind those anonymous little envelopes that some charities do door to door but it's a bit hard on people who can't afford to give much when they feel put under pressure to do so by a man and a clip board.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-06-2007, 14:50   #17

I just tell them politely that i never give money or bank details over the door step. It annoys me more that they always seem to show up at tea time while im cooking.
Tombraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2007, 15:04   #18
Passed away 25-11-09

In this particular case it was worse because I was quite keen to contribute. The Air Ambulance Service is invaluable in the work it does and I will happily give to something like that.

I asked the man why they couldn't take cash and he said it "wouldn't be safe" for him to go around carrying money. I was on my guard immediately because I pay into a similar lottery with our local Hospice (I've won £15 in 3 years) and their collector calls every month, all over the area, and must carry quite a lot of cash by the time he's finished.

I also thought, even if the bloke was perfectly genuine, it was a damned cheek to ask for money and then dictate how it had to be paid. I would imagine he didn't do too well at all round here.
Old 16-06-2007, 15:32   #19
Beacon of light

West ender did you get a response to your e-mail to the Air Ambulance people?
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2007, 17:26   #20
Passed away 25-11-09

No, not yet. Perhaps they don't read their mail at weekends.
Old 18-06-2007, 14:43   #21
Passed away 25-11-09

I got a reply to my email, this morning. They said they used to leave DD forms for completion but they hardly ever got any back. No comment about why they don't collect cash.
Old 18-06-2007, 14:49   #22
Resident Waffler

So it was legit then? It was them?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2007, 14:52   #23
Resting in Peace

When I find proper link will post it

| HOME | CHRISTCHURCH | DIARY | ABOUT US | EXECUTIVE | MEMBERSHIP | CONTACT US | ROTARY |

Chairman’s Charity for 2006-07

Link to their website

The North West Air Ambulance (NWWA) is a unique regional medical air emergency service covering Lancashire, Greater Manchester, Cheshire, Merseyside and Cumbria.

Established in 1999, The NWAA is a registered charity receiving no mainstream funding, yet it offers a vital service seven days a week, 365 days a year across 5,500 square miles serving a residential population of seven million.
The NWWA covers all major motorway incidents and area that have restricted road access. On average, the NWWA is called out four times a day, rising up to ten in the summer. Whilst the incidents vary greatly, there are two over-riding factors for the NWWA presence – either because time is extremely crucial or where road access is limited.
The NWWA has a maximum flying time of eight minutes to the nearest appropriate hospital anywhere in the region and in the event of serious incidents, it is this speed with which medical care can be delivered that is crucial. It is recognised that, by receiving treatment at the scene and arriving at the hospital within the “Golden Hour”, the patient’s chances of survival and speed of recovery are dramatically improved.
The NWWA ensures a very high standard of care is met, whilst overcoming the problem of distance and congestion, accessing most areas of the North West promptly, in turn bringing highly qualified paramedics and sophisticated equipment to the patient. All the crew are operational ambulance staff who have received special additional training in navigation, meteorology, principles of flight, helicopter safety and helicopter evacuation.
For the patient, the NWWA is the fastest emergency service. Expert pilots and paramedics work 365 days a year to watch over people of the North West.
Charity No 1075641

| HOME | CHRISTCHURCH | DIARY | ABOUT US | EXECUTIVE | MEMBERSHIP | CONTACT US | ROTARY |
Ber999T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2007, 14:54   #24
Resting in Peace

Check out this site

North West Air Ambulance | Official Website
Ber999T is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..