Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-12-2008, 19:11   #61
K-P

Re: Would you give permission for your childs pic to go public?

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
I didnt know ya needed permission to take photos of other peoples kids!

Theres no law saying ya need to is there?
You dont... however i had said in an earlier post that I wouldnt want other people putting pics featuring (not bothered about scenes but featuring) my kids onto facebook for example..

Then it was pointed out that some of my carnival/mela and the like pics have kids in them.. there done in the right manner guidelines ect.. but it is double standards for me to say one thing and do another..

In my defence.. what i say is about my kids and how I feel.. its not about other peoples and how they feel.. each to his own
Old 29-12-2008, 20:22   #62
God Member

Dont get me wrong if a mum wants her child to do modelling fine,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
What sort of pictures are they because I might agree with you on that one?

Ummm you lost me with that
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2008, 20:38   #63
God Member

having your kids modelling you give your permission for those pics to be seen

two of my nephews are on the books for catalogue modelling BUT my sister gave permission for that, not having permission is what this thread is all about isnt it?
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2008, 20:44   #64
God Member

Quote:

There is no law saying you need permission to take photos of other people's kids.

Most people don't mind others taking photos of their kids but many do not want those photos on the internet for varying reasons. This is why, in my opinion, you should not put pictures of other people's kids on the internet without their parents permission.

We had some family photos taken recently at Garth Dawson's studio.

The photographer rang us when they were ready and asked if it was ok to display a couple of them in the shop window. It's only manners these days.
Old 29-12-2008, 21:03   #65

Quote:

You may be surprised to find there's no law preventing you from taking any photo anywhere.

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2008, 21:10   #66
K-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studio25 View Post
You may be surprised to find there's no law preventing you from taking any photo anywhere.
Unfortunatly a great amount of police officers arn't aware of that... They cant stop you taking pictures of anything other than a crime scene and only then if they have grounds to believe it would interfere.. They certainly cant stop you taking pictures of them and they cant make you delete any pictures you have taken of anything. However some still wrongly do that

You can get into trouble taking pictures in certain places and of certain things... But thats more rules by owners than law because as studio25 says.. no laws
Old 29-12-2008, 21:17   #67
Caz
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-P View Post
Unfortunatly a great amount of police officers arn't aware of that... They cant stop you taking pictures of anything other than a crime scene and only then if they have grounds to believe it would interfere.. They certainly cant stop you taking pictures of them and they cant make you delete any pictures you have taken of anything. However some still wrongly do that

You can get into trouble taking pictures in certain places and of certain things... But thats more rules by owners than law because as studio25 says.. no laws
So how would me taking a photo of perpertrators of vandalism and such interfere? Surely i'm giving them the evidence they need to charge the little scroats?

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2008, 21:17   #68
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee View Post
Ummm you lost me with that
Sorry, I meant what sort of pictures are they - a link would be helpful.
Old 29-12-2008, 21:23   #69
K-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caz View Post
So how would me taking a photo of perpertrators of vandalism and such interfere? Surely i'm giving them the evidence they need to charge the little scroats?

I dont think it would.. I would have thought they would be thankfull.. but a crime scene as they could say it.. is a grey area.. its one of the few places they can stop you taking pictures and I was guessing that a crime being permitted is a crime scene... OR isnt there a law about not stopping someone commiting a crime you see happening and as such taking pictures would be pushing the limits a bit.. again a guess
Old 29-12-2008, 21:27   #70
K-P

Caz.. fromn your point of view.. you might be interested in the following article.. UK Photographers Rights

UK Photographers Rights

or direct to article PDF -> http://www.sirimo.co.uk/media/UKPhotographersRights.pdf
Old 29-12-2008, 21:32   #71
K-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studio25 View Post

hmm not strictly true.. it is an offence to take pictures of bank notes.. theres some other stuff as well
Old 29-12-2008, 21:36   #72
K-P

These are the guidelines I use in respect to tkaing pictures of under 18s. They are from the FA (Football Association) who dont require photographers to be CRB checked to photograph kids football which is another myth that they are required.. All they do is suggest these guidelines.

http://www.thefa.com/NR/rdonlyres/27...ngFootball.pdf
Old 29-12-2008, 21:44   #73
Caz
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-P View Post
Caz.. fromn your point of view.. you might be interested in the following article.. UK Photographers Rights

UK Photographers Rights

or direct to article PDF -> http://www.sirimo.co.uk/media/UKPhotographersRights.pdf

Only bit I can find unless I missed somat is the one that says you must not obstruct the police in their duties by the taking of photos. Doesn't actually apply if the cops aren't there though does it

So what we are saying is that we can pretty much take any picture anywhere, as long as it's not someone who is committing an offence, who otherwise might not be caught? laughable

- Oscar Wilde
Old 29-12-2008, 21:49   #74
K-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caz View Post
So what we are saying is that we can pretty much take any picture anywhere, as long as it's not someone who is committing an offence, who otherwise might not be caught? laughable
I aint saying that.. only guessing why the police may have said it to you.. ... If I where to nail my colours to the mast I would say that the police officer you spoke to was talking out of the bit where the sun dont shine..
Old 29-12-2008, 21:53   #75
Caz
God Member

Wasn't getting at you KP! Just saying the law (or supposed law), or the law enforcers is/are an ass/es, yet again.

- Oscar Wilde

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..