Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-12-2008, 15:08   #16
K-P

Re: Xbox 360

nice one... currently on a 1 mth trial but theres never been any doubt that its gonna be full time... prob sign up for that... ta
Old 31-12-2008, 16:01   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-P View Post
nice one... currently on a 1 mth trial but theres never been any doubt that its gonna be full time... prob sign up for that... ta
A number of people on other forums have bought one of those and received the code with no problems at all, so it's all legitimate. You don't receive the actual card, just an email with the code, but that's all you need and helps to keep the costs down. I bought a 13 month code about 2 months ago and it cost me £23.99, but the prices are changing all the time.

The one in the link is the cheapest around at the moment, but a week ago there was a 12 month subscription going for £16!! You just have to be vigilant and very fast.
Old 08-01-2009, 00:13   #18

I have had XBL since it was released in the UK & I won't be without it.
At one time we had 5 accounts running in the house.

It's loads of fun, fun, fun.

I prefer first person shooter games & the advantage of XBL is that unlike the offline versions, where you always know what the AI characters are going to do & where they will be, on XBL you can be watching an area and al of a sudden (slaps back of head) you get taken out from behind KBAM!

The banter can be a right laugh, however there can often be problems with the annoying Americans, especially the younger ones.
They don't often come on until later in the evening though.
Restrictions can be imposed with the family settings sol I'm told but I have never used them.

I would love a larger hard drive, I have the sd 20gb one & it's no good with the new dashboard as I already have loads of levels etc on it so do not have enough room to copy a whole game onto. It's a pity that you can only use the MS ones (unless you hack it).

PS3? spit!
mattylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 00:24   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
A number of people on other forums have bought one of those and received the code with no problems at all, so it's all legitimate. You don't receive the actual card, just an email with the code, but that's all you need and helps to keep the costs down. I bought a 13 month code about 2 months ago and it cost me £23.99, but the prices are changing all the time.

The one in the link is the cheapest around at the moment, but a week ago there was a 12 month subscription going for £16!! You just have to be vigilant and very fast.
Just to back this up for Kipax benefit! I used Play.com Trade to get one of these last night (£33) and it came this morning by e-mail. The seller I got it from actually has it cheaper (£30) on their website Instant Live Codes - www.instantlivecodes.com | #1 Source for Instant Xbox Live Subscriptions - Sold more Xbox Live Codes than any other seller!, presumably this is because of play.com commission.
Old 08-01-2009, 01:48   #20
Senior Member+

no difference at all between the stuff hardware wise

the biggest differences are the hdmi output and the hard-drive sizes. get a hard drive one as chances are you will be eventually going online with them and the free stuff is quite common for alot of the older games.

the arcade one in my opinion is a bit of a joke really.
Old 08-01-2009, 12:21   #21
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

When ya buy a Xbox 360 with 60gb, you get a HD cable, whats the difference in picture wise if i buy a HDMI cable???
Old 09-01-2009, 21:43   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
When ya buy a Xbox 360 with 60gb, you get a HD cable, whats the difference in picture wise if i buy a HDMI cable???
You don't get a HD cable with the 60gb console.

If you want to get HD output from the 360 (and you have a HD display), then you need either a HDMI cable, or a component cable. Some people claim that there's no difference between the 2, but I use HDMI for simplicity.

Using a HDMI cable means that both picture and sound are 'transmitted' through the same cable, plus the resolution of the picture is maximised (up to 1080p).

In a nutshell, using your own HDMI cable will increase the quality of the picture over the supplied cable.
Old 10-01-2009, 00:50   #23
Senior Member+

Anyone with xbox live feel free to add me my gamertag is CoG Pulse .

Excellent choice on the 360
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 17:28   #24
Senior Member+

nick - there's a gamertags thread on the gaming forum
Old 12-01-2009, 17:35   #25
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
You don't get a HD cable with the 60gb console.

Well i must be seeing things then, because iv got one

Also sys on here too.
http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/hardware/comparisontable.htm

Last edited by panther; 12-01-2009 at 17:37.
panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 17:48   #26
Senior Member+

you get a hd av component cable which isnt the same as the hdmi cable you get with the elite.
Old 12-01-2009, 17:51   #27
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Thats why I asked what the difference between em both, now i know ill invest in a HDMI cable too
Old 12-01-2009, 17:51   #28
Senior Member+

you get one of these with all 360's

but with the elite you also get a hdmi one

+

Old 12-01-2009, 17:55   #29
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Not with the arcade version
Xbox.com | Which Console for You?

or has that changed now?
Old 12-01-2009, 18:12   #30
Senior Member+

seems like this is what you get with an arcade

this is the 60gb one

this is the elite version

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..