Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lost Friends / Family (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f67/)
-   -   Rhyddings High School?? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f67/rhyddings-high-school-10050.html)

joaner3 30-10-2005 17:14

re: Rhyddings High School??

I went to Rhyddings between 62-68. Mr. Kerr was the math teacher, then there was Miss Kellett and Mrs Merrygold, Mr. Slater (I love that guy) Mrs. Clark, the head master i thinks was Mr. Franklin, oh boy, those were the days, you couldn't wear make-up and the uniform was navy blue.

Mik Dickinson 31-10-2005 07:04

When i was there 78 to 82 Franklin was only the deputy headmaster

joaner3 31-10-2005 12:00

Sorry Mik,
Yes it was mr. marsden im getting confused in my old age.
Do you remember Mr. Heffernan?

Joan

Mik Dickinson 31-10-2005 12:09

Nicknamed Paddy and always hitting himself with a leather strap.Always going on about children and free school dinners.
One day i actually spoke out to him telling him that if he had anything about children and free school dinners my mother would like to talk to him.
He mumbled and gave up on it then.Never heard anything about the subject.

Mik Dickinson 31-10-2005 12:14

English when i was there was Mr and Mrs Smith not related or married.

Mik Dickinson 31-10-2005 12:17

Tucked up in bed revising your spelling i would say!!!!!!!!! only having a laugh

joaner3 31-10-2005 12:21

Do you remember Mrs. Wilcox? she was the art teacher.
And Mr. Slater was the R.I teacher, I loved that guy, he got married to the cookery teacher, I don't remember her name.

MANDS 01-11-2005 19:05

mik I must know you I went to rhyddings from 77 to 82, but you name dose"nt ring a bell.:confused:

jimmi5bellies 03-11-2005 08:25

Im surprised nobody has mentioned Mr Waterhouse the maths teacher !
He was replaced by Mr Duffy.

entwisi 03-11-2005 10:08

Mands/Mik,
My big sister went from 73-79 and my other sis went 77-82. Norma and Karen Entwistle. Norma was into languages(Mr Chapple???) and KAren was more music based(Kiernan???) I went in 80-85.

Ian

garinda 03-11-2005 23:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by joaner3
I went to Rhyddings between 62-68. Mr. Kerr was the math teacher, then there was Miss Kellett and Mrs Merrygold, Mr. Slater (I love that guy) Mrs. Clark, the head master i thinks was Mr. Franklin, oh boy, those were the days, you couldn't wear make-up and the uniform was navy blue.

Joan Clarke and Mrs Marrigold both still live in Ossy, and haven't changed a bit!

jimmi5bellies 04-11-2005 12:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda
Joan Clarke and Mrs Marrigold both still live in Ossy, and haven't changed a bit!

Went to junior school with Mrs Clarkes daughter.
And for those of you Ossy lot that went to Immanuel Church many years ago Mrs Merigold was the head choir woman for the church. Dont know the propper name for it , lol.

Mrs Merigold lived around the corner from my parents, she may still do unless she has moved into a retirement home now or a bungalow ??

garinda 04-11-2005 15:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmi5bellies
Went to junior school with Mrs Clarkes daughter.
And for those of you Ossy lot that went to Immanuel Church many years ago Mrs Merigold was the head choir woman for the church. Dont know the propper name for it , lol.

Mrs Merigold lived around the corner from my parents, she may still do unless she has moved into a retirement home now or a bungalow ??

No she still lives where she has always lived.

Mrs Clarkes daughter I know quite well. She trained as a teacher as well and now lives in the Cotswolds. She has changed her christian name since junior school though, when she was sixteen.

jimmi5bellies 05-11-2005 08:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda
No she still lives where she has always lived.

Mrs Clarkes daughter I know quite well. She trained as a teacher as well and now lives in the Cotswolds. She has changed her christian name since junior school though, when she was sixteen.

Yes Garinda and i cant get my head around her name now. Still think of her with her original name. Worked with her dad at Asda as well.

emmatjackson 12-11-2005 18:23

yeah im a rhyddings girl. I was there between 1987 91. I hated it but think back now and i had the time of my life. I once told miss moore she was a fat bitch and she ran after me down the corridor. ha ha. That mrs banks hated me to i always wore nail polish and she used to grab me in her office to take it off.