Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lost Friends / Family (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f67/)
-   -   Rhyddings High School?? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f67/rhyddings-high-school-10050.html)

panther 07-12-2006 19:09

re: Rhyddings High School??

me too!!!:D went in 83 to 88

ShortStuff 12-12-2006 19:24

I was there from 93 to 98 and seemed to have wiped most of the memories of the place (it was that good!). Miss Moore was the Head but I think Mr Burke started in my last year. We were also one of the first year 5 to wear the jumpers instead of just the year 5 tie with the blazer. Miss Pickering was my form teacher for most of the time, she was a science teacher. I had both Mr Duffy and Miss Tipper for maths at one point or another. Mr Newton was one of my teachers for my GCSE's.

I also had Mr Chapples as a German teacher and a couple of years ago he ended up doing some translation work at company I work for and we we're working together! Very surreal - he had to translate orders in French for me to process, but he kept trying to teach me French instead of just translating it! He also told me off for eating crisps at my desk!!!

jimmi5bellies 14-12-2006 21:40

Mr Duffy was my form teacher. He had a thing for smokers and could smell them a mile away, lol.
I always thought him ok if you got on the right side of him. Ive bumped into him a few times now and he always stops to natter to me.

panther 19-12-2006 18:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmi5bellies (Post 351741)
Mr Duffy was my form teacher. He had a thing for smokers and could smell them a mile away, lol.
I always thought him ok if you got on the right side of him. Ive bumped into him a few times now and he always stops to natter to me.

bloodyhell i thought he were dead!!:o

Posty Chadman 01-03-2007 21:26

I was at rhyddings between 80 & 85. Teachers I remember Chapple, Sutton ,Gordon, Booth, Watson, Flannigan, Hunt, Heffernan, Mcdermott, Thompson, Spack, Newton, Winkley, Ainsworth (still there) Miss Moore(was she always a miss) Frankland, Cunliffe (RIP) Kiernan, Best, Roper, Mrs Thompson, Mrs Smith cant think off any more

Ninthwave 08-03-2007 12:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmi5bellies (Post 160362)
Anybody remember Captain Kremen (Mr Mcmanus, French teacher, big jam jar glasses , stinky breath, Zits and paddington bear pants). Think our year gave him a nervous break-down.
My form teacher was Mr Duffy. Was taught by Mr and Mrs Atkinson. Miss Foster for cookery and music. Also Mr Kieron for music too. Then Mrs Fogg for cookery ..wow was she strict ! Gave one of my mates a slap cause her skirt was too short and called her a sl*g, two months later we found out her teenage daughter who was the same age as us was preggers !! lol.
Mr Chappels used to frighten the life out of me. Mrs Banks was always pulling me up and telling me i was not as quiet as my mum and dad whom she had taught. Mrs Marigold retired when i was in my second year. PE teachers was Mrs Halliwell and Mrs Townsend. Bumped into her at the blood donors when i was 18 and contemplating giving my first pint. I had no option when she saw me, she dragged me in ! lol.
Mr Hargreves was my history teacher, some reason he didnt like me much, used to call me cloth-ears cause i have hearing problems.
My art teacher was Miss Quearous (spelling ??), she was only very young and very soft so we walked all over her.
Sciences was taken by Mr Roper,remember his car crash, he came back a wreak.. we lit a ciggi up in the back of the class and he didnt notice.
Miss More was the head teacher at the time, we called her cream-bun in her elephant gret suits ! Mr Williams was the deputy head, very swarve with his mustache and pin-stripped suits.
Trying to remember the name of the caretaker who had an heat attack in the lads changing rooms ...think it was Earnie, he was a lovely old man. Mr Thompson was another pe teacher at the time, his wife was an art teacher and could be a dragon !lol.
Well thats all i can remember for the time being. I left Rhyddings in 1985.

Chrissie

How funny! I remember all of those teachers, as I left Rhyddings in 1985 too. Wouldn't have been able to recall this in such detail, mind: well done you. This stirs up quite a few memories.

Anyone remember Miss Graser, the French teacher?

Mandy

panther 08-03-2007 20:51

miss graser?....no i had miss sutton for french, the one that always spat when she talked!!!

berthindle 21-03-2007 10:41

I was at Rhyddings from 1940 to 1943. We didnt have blazers or pullovers then, no one cold afford them. We couldnt even play tennis as there was no one to teach us. Teachers. Mr.Gibson Head, Mr. Lord, Mr. Bainbridge, Mr. Barron, Mrs Margerison.and Mrs. Lucas I cannot remember other names. Anyone else around from those days who play with computers? Both my sisters went there in later years. There was one of us there up to 1949.

junetta 22-03-2007 01:24

Hello Berthindle........my parents were there during those years. Millicent Hamer and Fred Martin.

aromalady 28-03-2007 08:08

just browsing the school thread have lots of memories of rhyddings < 1969 - 1973 mr marsden <avoid the spit> headmaster....mrs merrygold, white streak and freeky teeth <music> choirleader....crazy paddy heffernan <history> would throw blackboard duster at you...lovely mrs clark <english> a lady to this day.....mini mr kerr <maths> liked the pump and tabletennis bat for corprul punishment.......mrs wilcox another lovely lady <art>... cunliffe and gibson <sport> you will go on the country run in the p....g down rain mrs barnes <science> the list could go on and on... mixed memories bump into a few people in oswaldtwistle now and again, never been to any reunions always busy.... catch you all later, aromalady....

panther 14-05-2007 18:15

does anyone know which teachers ARE still there?
they must be getting on now, and does anyone know if miss moore is still alive, cuz she needs to get back to that school and sort them kids out!!!:D

spinner 14-05-2007 18:40

does anybody know when miss gordon left. she had a pointy face and blonde hair.she had such a problem teaching chavs. i just wonder why she was there cause she used to complain all the time and pretended to be posh. she showed off about how she had such a good education at grammer school but she managed to get a job she hated. she cant have been that clever after all. i wished i coud have said all this to her face

Tombraider 18-05-2007 23:19

I was there from 83 to 88 too :D

Scott_ASFC 20-05-2007 00:28

my mum went during 1980-1985, shes called Avril Crookshank. her tutor was hargreaves then in last two years was Mr Coulter, anyone remember her :D

Scott_ASFC 20-05-2007 00:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by spinner (Post 424023)
does anybody know when miss gordon left. she had a pointy face and blonde hair.she had such a problem teaching chavs. i just wonder why she was there cause she used to complain all the time and pretended to be posh. she showed off about how she had such a good education at grammer school but she managed to get a job she hated. she cant have been that clever after all. i wished i coud have said all this to her face

as far as im aware Mr Newton technology tutor is still there, same with Mr Ainsworth