Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lost Friends / Family (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f67/)
-   -   Taylor Family – Oswaldtwistle, Rishton and Church. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f67/taylor-family-oswaldtwistle-rishton-and-church-29400.html)

tosh 29-05-2008 17:55

Re: Taylor Family – Oswaldtwistle, Rishton and Church.

my partner is a Taylor through marriage her x husband he was Thomas Taylor lives on counter st accy. his dad was Thomas Taylor and his mother was Elizabeth. thay had three children 2girls and 1 boy. there is a Thomas Taylor in church

Maria Barton 18-01-2015 15:36

Hello Alan

I know this is an old post, but I was interested to note that your wife is related to Elizabeth Taylor.
My grandmother was Mary Elizabeth Hewitt, her father was William Hewitt and his parents were William Hewitt and Elizabeth Taylor.

earthdog 18-01-2015 15:38

Very interesting. It's a long while since I visited that part of our family tree. Give me a little time to revise and I'll get back to you.

earthdog 18-01-2015 16:22

Maria, I just sent you a PM, I hope that's OK.

US Angel 22-01-2015 20:22

Nice when these pickup more info

earthdog 23-01-2015 15:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by US Angel (Post 1130684)
Nice when these pickup more info

It is. I've struck lucky a few times with ancient forum posts, either contacting someone or being contacted from an old post, sometimes after many years. It's always worth a stab in the dark I think.

Gremlin 25-01-2015 20:45

I wonder how far you back you can trace your family tree on the Taylor side.
I'm a Taylor and my great grandfather came down to Yorkshire from Campbelltown on the Kintyre peninsula. He was taken back to be buried after he died and I've seen the grave, there are a few Taylor's buried in the graveyard, all of them dead.
Taylor was a branch of the Cameron clan.

earthdog 25-01-2015 21:34

It's a bit too late in the evening for me to post anything now, but I'll take a look tomorrow and get back to you with what I know. It's not a very long way but you never know.

Aussie Irene 26-01-2015 08:04

[QUOTE=Gremlin He was taken back to be buried after he died and I've seen the grave, there are a few Taylor's buried in the graveyard, all of them dead.
Taylor was a branch of the Cameron clan.[/QUOTE]

Lets hope so.

Gremlin 26-01-2015 09:32

We have a 100% record in the Taylor clan Irene of only burying the dead ones.
One lived to 100 years and we did have to get a second opinion before we committed her to the soil.

John R 16-11-2016 19:46

Hi, I know this is a long shot replying to a very old thread but you never know ...

My grandmother's name was Winifred Taylor. Her grandparents were the Thomas Taylor and Winifred Dewhurst that are mentioned in kdoc's post from May 2008. Her father was their son William Taylor.
I have notes that Thomas Taylor had a brewery in Accrington, and that William Taylor went to Russia at some point. I would love to know more about these if anyone has any further info.

Thanks, John.

Craig B 27-10-2019 13:12

Do you have any further details on William Taylor ? His birthdate, father etc ?

I have a William Taylor born 1852 in Ossy, brother of my GGGrandfather Abraham.

Could be a link ?

Bob Dobson 27-10-2019 20:17

My grandmother, Rose Dobson, born 1893(?) was a Taylor from Nelson St - 32 or 34. I cannot find my file on our family tree to give names, but I recall that she had a sister Claire Hale of 15 Albert St and an elder brother, Sylvester who committed suicide in the canal at Blackburn. I would like to find more about her family.