Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lost Friends / Family (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f67/)
-   -   Hanna Street School (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f67/hanna-street-school-42018.html)

magpie 21-08-2008 18:57

Hanna Street School

did any of you go there in the 60's I was there in 1966/7

Caz 21-08-2008 19:01

Re: Hanna Street School

Not at the same time as you, I was there from 58-61 I think. I take it Miss Moss was still headmistress there when you attended? Brilliant teacher.

magpie 21-08-2008 19:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by cazzer (Post 621901)
Not at the same time as you, I was there from 58-61 I think. I take it Miss Moss was still headmistress there when you attended? Brilliant teacher.

ah yes I remember her :-)

you don't have any pictures of the school do you?

polly 26-08-2008 10:12

Yes, I went there and I was there at the same time as you. Just trying to work out when I started I think it was 1965, I know I left secondary school in 1976.

When I was at Hannah St Miss Moss was the head and Miss Lightowler was in reception, she left the next year to go to Canada.

I remember vividly the cockroaches in the cloakroom

mrskitty 26-08-2008 13:23

was it a primary school?Jack's dad went there (his older then me by 18 years).

WillowTheWhisp 26-08-2008 15:16

My girls both went there when it was reception class for Springhill.

polly 26-08-2008 19:22

Back in the 60's Hannah St was an Infant school. Most of the pupils then went on to Springhill juniors.

magpie 26-08-2008 20:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by polly (Post 623152)
Yes, I went there and I was there at the same time as you. Just trying to work out when I started I think it was 1965, I know I left secondary school in 1976.

When I was at Hannah St Miss Moss was the head and Miss Lightowler was in reception, she left the next year to go to Canada.

I remember vividly the cockroaches in the cloakroom

ah yes I remember her now... can't remember the cockroaches: however
we used to live on the factory bottoms so I remember them from there...
my mum used to work in the cafe near to the school...

You don't have any pics do you: I have some on slides from a party I had when I was about five... so working on getting them onto picture format:

polly 26-08-2008 23:47

No, sorry I don't have any pictures, infact I dont remember every having a school group picture taken, but I may have forgotten. I certainly dont remember there being a cafe near the school. I do remember Spring hill car club having premises nearby and of course a couple of corner shops but that is it.

Gordie 12-09-2008 14:28

Hi I was at Hanna Street around 67-68 but cant remember who the teachers were. I do remember the shop on the steep cobbled street leading down to the school and the high fronted stone wall at the entrance.

magpie 12-09-2008 20:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordie (Post 630303)
Hi I was at Hanna Street around 67-68 but cant remember who the teachers were. I do remember the shop on the steep cobbled street leading down to the school and the high fronted stone wall at the entrance.

That is the shop my mum used to work... it was also a bit of a cafe :-)

Caz 12-09-2008 21:36

Wondering if anyone on Accyweb was at the school when I was. or knows of them. The main names that spring to mind are Bernard Sharp, Anne Cunliffe, Leslie Hodgson? Didn't go on to Springhill, moved and went to St Mary Mag's, then St Andrew's.

Benipete 24-09-2008 13:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by cazzer (Post 630512)
Wondering if anyone on Accyweb was at the school when I was. or knows of them. The main names that spring to mind are Bernard Sharp, Anne Cunliffe, Leslie Hodgson? Didn't go on to Springhill, moved and went to St Mary Mag's, then St Andrew's.

I knew all the Sharps when they lived on Hope St.:mosher:I lived round the corner on Ormerod St.:dancedog:

Morecambe Ex Pat 24-09-2008 19:30

I lived on Higher Antley Street and I remember the Sharps - I had the same birthday as David. Is Hannah Street still a school?

cashman 24-09-2008 19:36

bernard sharp is still about as far as i know, Dennis his brother, n old mate died in a accident at work many years ago.