Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lost Friends / Family (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f67/)
-   -   Anyone remember the Dilworth Family from Richmond Road. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f67/anyone-remember-the-dilworth-family-from-richmond-road-51531.html)

robot1002 29-01-2010 09:56

Anyone remember the Dilworth Family from Richmond Road.

Hello, I have just moved to Accrington 3 years ago. and I am now 70. During and after the last war I used to come to Accington every weekend to my Fathers mums house (My gran) at the top end of Richmond Road. I will not identify the house No here, but it was between 110 and 128....Every Saturday I was taken to Accrington Hippodrome to watch whatever was on the programme. I would like to find out if anyone knew my Father, Fredrick Francis Dilworth, his Brother Bill Dilworth, or any of the 3 sisters Gladys, Iris, or Phylis.
My Grandads claim to fame was to have installed electricity in Accrington Conservative Club, and other big projects.He was a brilliant pianist, as was my Father..I also earned a lot of money as a pianist and club organist..Any help would be appreciated...............Tony

Taggy 29-01-2010 18:46

Re: Anyone remember the Dilworth Family from Richmond Road.

I know a lad called Steve Dilworth that i used to play pool with, dont know if he's related, ive not seen him for a bit though! Tall gangly chap with dark hair!
Best Regards - Taggy

robot1002 29-01-2010 21:26

Hi Taggy thanks for that, I am not to sure if he could be related I will ask other family members,,,,Thank's.....Tony

dude from leyland 15-04-2010 20:16

i remember the dilworth family lynton ave leyland.gwild1212 is geoff and dude from leyland is gord. we would love to hear from you. gord is reforming the superman gang . are you interested?

robot1002 23-04-2010 00:00

Hello There,
After all this time you suddenly appear. Gordon and Geff Wilding..Well I am delighted to see you are both OK and living in Niagra Falls.I have so much to tell you that it would be imposable to do this now, since it is very late at night here, and I am quite tired.Do be reassured that I will send you another message soon and let you know all the latest ......All the best for now ..Tony Dilworth Accrington Lancashire

dude from leyland 25-04-2010 23:03

robot1002 i,ve got news for you.geoff will be in england from this friday for 3 weeks.he is also planning on visiting accrington during this period to see a cousin of ours.he hopes to see you then. he will be staying at our mothers house which is in aldridge just north of birmingham,she has lived there for the past 20 years. by the way he lives in texas not canada. all the best gord (dude from leyland).

robot1002 27-04-2010 10:19

Hello Gord, Thanks for the message about Geoff coming to Accrington..I would love to meet him when he is here...I think at this stage I need to allow you to e/mail me so all this stuff is private>>>..My Address [email protected] Do send me a messgae and I will give you some more gen....Take care for now .....Tony (robot 1002)

afrancis 02-02-2011 17:25

Hello Tony, I have recently been doing some family history. I am related to William Dilworth's wife Bertha. She was the Sister of my paternal Grandfather. I would be quite happy to discuss this with you further and try to fill in some missing links. I have, so far, got back to who I think was your Great Grandpatents John and Mary Francis from Manchester.
Please contact me if interested as I occassionaly visit Accrington.
Regards
Anne

robot1002 15-02-2011 14:49

Hello Anne, Well it is so nice to hear from you since I very rarely visit this site.
I live in Accrington and I only moved here 4 years ago from Chorley. My Grandmother Bertha lived at 118 Richmond Road Accrington just 300 yds from where I now live.

Bertha was indeed married to William Dilworth, my grandad. I spent quite a lot of time as a child at (nana Dilworths ) house. ..As people get older we seem to remember the distant past with a greater ease...My fondest memories are of being looked after by Bertha's live in sister Anne Francis.

Auntie annie was charged with looking after me most weekends, and I thought the world of her. We will have to talk some more Anne, since I could go no all day....I have some more very interesting print outs fron a person in Canada, that will amaze you.....All the very best for now.....Tony

robot1002 15-02-2011 18:11

Hello Anne, I have noticed I have a private message from you but my computer could not open it....If you wish to email me with whatever the message was, my email address is : [email protected] this i can then reply to ,,,All the best for now ......Tony Dilworth

robot1002 15-02-2011 18:26

Got the private message Anne thank you ...

sjmck 10-03-2018 15:34

I could give you information on the three sisters.

robot1002 09-06-2019 14:36

That's very nice of you sjmck. I would love to see more information if you have it
Thanks Tony

robot1002 03-08-2019 20:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjmck (Post 1209974)
I could give you information on the three sisters.

Any info would be just great thanks,,,,,,,Tony

robot1002 01-10-2019 18:47

Had contact with two cousins that I did not know. I need more info though... regards. .Tony..