Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lost Friends / Family (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f67/)
-   -   Family Tree Help (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f67/family-tree-help-56898.html)

seekinginfoonfamily 20-02-2011 06:28

Family Tree Help

Hi all,
Looking for anyone who may have connections to my family history.

If anyone can help with photos or stories Id appreciate it.

Names of some family members in Accrington

-Edwin Penny Robinson Died 1929 Accrington
- Margaret Robinson ( Nee Harvey) Born Scotland 1869 died Accrington 1933
- Edwin Robinson ( born in Scotland but 1901 census shows as living in Accrington ) . In particular I am searching for wife etc of Edwin
- William Robinson b Abt 1890 as per Edwin
- John Alexander Robinson b 1892 died 1916 . John was a private in the West Yorkshire Reg and I am particularly interested in how he died and where and what became of his wife and son he left behind , Catherine Hood Robson and son John Alexander b 1913
-Ada Robinson ( my grandmother ) Particularly looking for any old photos or stories etc . Born 1902 Accrington, died 1983 Accrington
- Daniel Harvey Robinson born 1911 Accrington

Then my grandfathers side of the family
Stanley Hill Born 1904, died 1969 Accrington
Rowland Hill born 1875 died 1963 Accrington
Harold Hill born 1898
Arthur Hill born 1900
Clifford Hill born 1902
Lavinia Hill born 1906

Alice Wilson Born 1878 , died 1959 Accrington .

Then there is my mother Valerie Hill born 1944 Accrington and her brother and sisters Marlene , Mary , Margaret , Lavinia and Jack .

If anyone has any knowledge of any of these people please share thankyou

seekinginfoonfamily 20-02-2011 06:29

Re: Family Tree Help

I am going to post this in History of Accrington as well and hope for some contact made from there as well , Thanks for reading !

JCB 20-02-2011 18:43

An Arthur Hill lived on High Street , Oswaldtwistle , and worked at Howard and Bullough's .

The name Rowland Hill rings a bell . If I am right he was a nephew of the Arthur Hill I mentioned and could have been the son of the Rowland Hill on your list .

seekinginfoonfamily 21-02-2011 01:29

Hi JCB,
It sounds like my family. Arthur and Rowland were brothers and their Dad was Rowland Hill.
You mentioned Howard & Bulloughs , what is this ? I am doing all my research from Australia so I am not knowledgeable about Accrington etc.

Neil 21-02-2011 07:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by seekinginfoonfamily (Post 885237)
I am going to post this in History of Accrington as well and hope for some contact made from there as well , Thanks for reading !

Please don't post the same thing in more that one thread. It is very confusing when people answer both.

Your other thread has been removed.

garinda 21-02-2011 09:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by seekinginfoonfamily (Post 885543)
Hi JCB,

You mentioned Howard & Bulloughs , what is this ?

It was at one time the area's largest employer.

Howard & Bullough - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

JCB 21-02-2011 11:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by seekinginfoonfamily (Post 885543)
Hi JCB,
It sounds like my family. Arthur and Rowland were brothers and their Dad was Rowland Hill.

There was also a lady , I would say of Arthur's generation , referred to as Maggie Hill but sometimes as Maggie Sanderson . She was related to the Rowland Hill I mentioned . He wouldn't be the brother of Arthur , he was too young . It seems like there were three generations of Rowland Hills .

The lady called Maggie lived on or next to Wordsworth Road , Fern Gore , Accy .

garinda 21-02-2011 12:27

I know a Biggin Hill.

PatsyK 24-03-2011 13:01

Hill Family are my family too........my grandfather was Harold. I have lots of info on the HILL family as I have been doing this line for years. Please get in touch if you would like more info

accybill 30-05-2011 20:23

Have PM'd you with some infpo on the Robinson Family

Retlaw 30-05-2011 21:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by seekinginfoonfamily (Post 885236)
Hi all,
Looking for anyone who may have connections to my family history.

If anyone can help with photos or stories Id appreciate it.

Names of some family members in Accrington

-Edwin Penny Robinson Died 1929 Accrington
- Margaret Robinson ( Nee Harvey) Born Scotland 1869 died Accrington 1933
- Edwin Robinson ( born in Scotland but 1901 census shows as living in Accrington ) . In particular I am searching for wife etc of Edwin
- William Robinson b Abt 1890 as per Edwin
- John Alexander Robinson b 1892 died 1916 . John was a private in the West Yorkshire Reg and I am particularly interested in how he died and where and what became of his wife and son he left behind , Catherine Hood Robson and son John Alexander b 1913
-Ada Robinson ( my grandmother ) Particularly looking for any old photos or stories etc . Born 1902 Accrington, died 1983 Accrington
- Daniel Harvey Robinson born 1911 Accrington

Then my grandfathers side of the family
Stanley Hill Born 1904, died 1969 Accrington
Rowland Hill born 1875 died 1963 Accrington
Harold Hill born 1898
Arthur Hill born 1900
Clifford Hill born 1902
Lavinia Hill born 1906

Alice Wilson Born 1878 , died 1959 Accrington .

Then there is my mother Valerie Hill born 1944 Accrington and her brother and sisters Marlene , Mary , Margaret , Lavinia and Jack .

If anyone has any knowledge of any of these people please share thankyou

John Alexander Pte. 29121. 2nd West Yorkshire Regt. No family information. Buried in St Sever Cemetery , Rouen. Google earth would show the cemetery.
There are no surviving military records for John, nor can I find a medal card for him. He is not shown in Soldiers Died in the Great war.
The only to find out where he died, is to contact the West Yorks Regimental Museum.
None of the other men you mention, of military age, living in Greater Accrington, are in my files.
Retlaw.

accybill 31-05-2011 07:27

A couple of those listed passed away in Accrington, others moved to Bolton.

Malc hill 24-03-2019 23:01

Hello just seen this on the accrington Web my name is malcolm hill my father name was jack hill your mums brother so I am your cousin how is your mum is she still living I did not know she had any children I knew Marlene had a girl I have lived in Torquay for 40 years and have two children Laura and Paul it will be nice to here from you my email is [email protected]

PatsyK 29-03-2019 17:55

My great grandfather was Rowland Hill married to Alice Wilson his son Harold was my grandfather and Harold's daughter Eunice was my mother. I have lots of info and photos of the Hill family.

Malc hill 31-03-2019 13:52

Liked: 0 times
Hello just seen this on the accrington Web my name is malcolm hill my father name was jack hill your mums brother so I am your cousin how is your mum is she still living I did not know she had any children I knew Marlene had a girl I have lived in Torquay for 40 years and have two children Laura and Paul it will be nice to here from you my email is [email protected]