Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lost Friends / Family (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f67/)
-   -   Leslie Lightfoot (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f67/leslie-lightfoot-68394.html)

Roadhousezamora 30-07-2016 05:06

Leslie Lightfoot

Im looking to get in touch with a Leslie Lightfoot a Locum pharmacist (possibly retired now) who lived in Clayton-le-moors for many years. He has ties to Blackburn in more recent years and loves running also.

Any help in locating him would be massively appreciated.

Bob Dobson 30-07-2016 18:25

Re: Leslie Lightfoot

Maybe he is still a Clayton Harrier. How old ? The Pharmacists ruling body may help you find him. I have a pal who has Lightfoot ancestry - I'll ask him about Leslie.., Accrington's first mayor was a Lightfoot - my pal is descended from him

Bob Dobson 30-07-2016 18:34

A Leslie Lightfoot lives in Priory Close, Blackburn BB1 3LW - number not known. Not in the phone book. Others live in Appleby, Chester, Salford and Widnes. Blackburn library may look up the number for you in the voters list.

Barrie Yates 30-07-2016 22:49

I knew a Geoff Lightfoot but he was a top Lightning Jockey at RAF Coltishall in the '60s, top cricketer as well. Took me for the ride of my life in a Lightning T5 - probably no relation but the name lingers on.

Bob Dobson 31-07-2016 20:51

Leslie Lightfoot is not shown on the (on-line) list of registered pharmacists. How old will he be ? Where did he live ? Which school did he attend ? I cannot find him on Facebook or Linked-in. Any siblings ?

Roadhousezamora 02-08-2016 04:47

Thanks for all the help searching, I'm doing this for my wife so will need to come back with answers to a lot of these questions.

He has since moved from Blackburn, that much we do know. I have found out he ran a half marathon in Spain a few years ago (probably whilst on holiday). With reference to his running he always ran "unattached" and never joined a club as far as I am aware.

He would be in his late 60's so more than likely retired now but again unsure on this. The pharmacists register is something I've briefly looked into but not in enough detail, they may have a last known address but I would argue might not be forthcoming with it, I don't know.

He was also very into politics and astronomy.

I will try and provide answers to more of the questions if I can.

Thanks again everyone

Bob Dobson 02-08-2016 06:35

If he is no longer a regd pharmacist, he will not be shown on the internet. You may need to find an old book. Just possible that the library will have one, or another pharmacist. Unlikely that you will find one in Zamora.

Roadhousezamora 02-08-2016 14:13

Purely by luck I have managed to locate him safe and well in a nearby town. Putting this on must have helped the stars align the right way haha.

Just wanted to bob on and say thank you to everyone who offered to help.

Case closed :)

cashman 02-08-2016 14:18

thats a bit of luck, good on yer.

Margaret Pilkington 02-08-2016 14:18

I am so pleased your search ended well....like mine did recently.
All down to the magic of Accyweb.

Roadhousezamora 02-08-2016 15:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1173565)
thats a bit of luck, good on yer.

You don't know the half of it Cashman... 4 years I've spent looking, only for a slight variation on some search terms and a few other bits landing it squarely in my lap.

Thanks also, Margaret. :)

Margaret Pilkington 02-08-2016 16:33

It was fated then....meant to be....the planets were in alignment.
I like a happy ending.

Hedley 29-11-2019 07:44

Hi,
I think Leslie is my uncle. My mother is Pauline Lightfoot (Holden). She had 2 brothers, Leslie and John. All born in Barrow-In-Furness. Did you have any luck locating him?

Steve