Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2022, 21:21   #1
Senior Member+

Accringtn Grammar School; SAGAR

I m trying to contact 3 lads who attended AGS; All three are called SAGAR. First is david, who , if live will b in hi late 70s. He may hav lived in or near Hodder St, soimay have attended Peel Park Junior School. He studied chemiustrry at St Andrews Univ. No 2 is also a david. He was twin of John H. THedse two will be in their late 60s. Maybe john was a teacher. They lived in Whalley Rd, Clayton

Can you help me find them ?
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-02-2024, 09:17   #2
Junior Member+

Re: Accringtn Grammar School; SAGAR

Hi Bob. I was at Springhill Junior School with a David Sagar. He lived in Buxton Street and was best friends with the late Alan Dempsey. They both went to Accrington Grammar School. Elizabeth
EMargaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2024, 17:43   #3

Delving deep into my memory. wasnt there a female teacher called Sagar also ?
Mark2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2024, 09:08   #4

There was. Became Mrs Dickenson and left when she was pregnant.
Lost in Cornwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2024, 10:02   #5
Senior Member+

My original posting on this thread was two years ago. Since then I have come off the committee and cannot recall why I wanted to trace the Sagars. If you have any queries re the Grammar School I suggest that you join the Friends of Accrington Grammar School on Facebook and post your question on there. One of the committee will likely help you.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote

« Youth Club | - »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..