Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-04-2019, 14:04   #1
Junior Member+

Anne / David Sutton - Coach & Horses

Hi - Does anyone know or remember Anne or David Sutton, who I think used to have the Coach & Horses pub on Haslingden Old Road in Oswaldtwistle?
NikM is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-04-2019, 17:15   #2
Junior Member+

Re: Anne / David Sutton - Coach & Horses

Actually, think it may be Anne Sutton & David Newman (rather than Anne & David Sutton). Thanks.
Old 24-04-2019, 18:45   #3
Full Member+

I remember them from the pub but I don't know much about them after they left. I was told by the couple who took over the pub that David was helping out behind the bar at Green Haworth Golf Club but that was soon after they left the Coach and Horses which went down hill after they left.
pifco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2019, 19:25   #4
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by pifco View Post
I remember them from the pub but I don't know much about them after they left. I was told by the couple who took over the pub that David was helping out behind the bar at Green Haworth Golf Club but that was soon after they left the Coach and Horses which went down hill after they left.
Ah, so did someone else have it as a pub after them, before it became De Niro’s?

Would you recognise them if I posted a photo? Can I actually post a photo on here .... sorry, I’m new!
Old 25-04-2019, 08:58   #5
Junior Member+

OK, I’ve read the photo instructions now so let’s see if this works! Thia ia who I’m looking for:

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/m...32d70fa40.jpeg

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/m...bcb94f84e.jpeg
Old 25-04-2019, 19:41   #6
Full Member+

Yes the couple do appear to be the couple who took the pub over from Anne and David but the wife left him and I believe went working at an upmarket hotel. The husband stayed in the pub for some time and an other woman joined him but the pub continued to decline and eventually closed after which it opened as De Niro's after there dining area had been extended into what was the barn next door.
Old 25-04-2019, 22:20   #7
Junior Member+

Ah, that's interesting. So the people I thought were Anne & David aren't. I have a random box of "stuff", so was trying to piece together from names & photos. I need to rummage more - thanks for your help so far pifco!
Old 26-04-2019, 08:19   #8
Full Member+

Sorry for the mix up Nik the couple in the photo could be Anne and David Sutton they are the couple who took the Coach and Horses before it became De Niro's. The Anne left David and ran the pub on his own for some time but it was not a success and closed it was then transformed into De Niro's. I was confused due to the fact that the landlady before Anne and David Sutton was also called Anne.
Old 26-04-2019, 08:32   #9
Junior Member+

Ahh, that would definitely add confusion! How about any if the people in the pocs below? Or a kid (at the time) called Zayne - ring any bells?

Old 26-04-2019, 08:38   #10
Junior Member+

Although just to add further confusion, there is a bunch of leaving cards to Anne & Dave, implying either that they left together, or the previous landlady & landlord were called both Anne and Dave! One mentions “Good luck at the Nelson” - is the Nelson local?
Old 26-04-2019, 13:27   #11
Full Member+

The lady in the last photo next to the painting of the Coach and Horses looks familiar but I couldn't put a name to her. I am not aware of a "Nelson" in the local area.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..