Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2009, 17:10   #1
Junior Member+

Any oldies from Hyndburn Park

Come on the Oldies, Hyndburn Park from 1956 to 1961,come on down Jennifer Jones, Sharon Jones, Ian McGlaughlin etc, who was in assembly when Miss Hope arrived and 100 teenage lads fell in love.
Who went to the party at her place, when Ricky Stewart was playing football with a cabbage in the street
Who got the Exorcett chalkboard rubber of Mr Batty?
Who managed to break Miss Johnsons ruler with their hand

Come on folks there must be someone remembers, Who ended up on the wreck after school? usually ME!!!!!!!!!!
karpas3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-01-2010, 08:51   #2

Re: Any oldies from Hyndburn Park

I left Hyndburn Park in 1956. Was it Miss Johnson the art teacher.
I can remember Mr Rothwell, Mr Aspden, Mr Hill (Maths). Was the headmaster Idris Davies? Mrs Stevenson and Mrs Neil (Music I think)
My name was Marion Walsh, my late brother was Ian Walsh (Maverick). Now live in NSW Australia.
Cheers.
littlepom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 09:47   #3
Senior Member+

Although I attended the Grammar School, I had an interest in Hyndburn Park pupils. I remember Marion Walsh, a litle blonde bopper from India Street, and her classmates Irene Toplis, Irene Howard, Audrey Conroy and Pat Mudd. Irene Howard became landlady at the Stop & Rest.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:40   #4

I left Hyndburn Park circa 1965, after graduating via the Infants, followed by the Juniors, then the Seniors.......went on to Hollins Lane and left there in 1969
AngleIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 17:47   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlepom View Post
I left Hyndburn Park in 1956. Was it Miss Johnson the art teacher.
I can remember Mr Rothwell, Mr Aspden, Mr Hill (Maths). Was the headmaster Idris Davies? Mrs Stevenson and Mrs Neil (Music I think)
My name was Marion Walsh, my late brother was Ian Walsh (Maverick). Now live in NSW Australia.
Cheers.

I remember you very well Madam and your friend Doreen Mills, thank you Doreen XXXX
Old 06-01-2010, 17:50   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dobson View Post
Although I attended the Grammar School, I had an interest in Hyndburn Park pupils. I remember Marion Walsh, a litle blonde bopper from India Street, and her classmates Irene Toplis, Irene Howard, Audrey Conroy and Pat Mudd. Irene Howard became landlady at the Stop & Rest.
You had serious competition though Bob, but the only other one I knew was Doreen Mills who lived just befor the bridge, odd numbers, Lonsdale St
Old 06-01-2010, 18:30   #7
Senior Member+

I recall the name, but cannot remember her face. Did she wear navy blue knickers ? Of course she did - they all did. The name of barbara Lyons of Dill Hall Lane has just come to my mind
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 19:34   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dobson View Post
I recall the name, but cannot remember her face. Did she wear navy blue knickers ? Of course she did - they all did. The name of barbara Lyons of Dill Hall Lane has just come to my mind
The last time I looked, or had the opportunity of looking, they were white with little flowers all over them :-)))

The last I heard she was not very well and living in South Africa.
Old 07-01-2010, 19:35   #9
Senior Member+

I do know one other who didn't wear navy blue :-))))))
Old 11-01-2010, 08:06   #10

Hi Bob
would love to know what happened to the girls. Was great friends with Audrey her mum and dad had a pub at Baxenden just higher up than Nobby's corner. COME ON WHERE ARE THE GIRLS NOW????
so many memories. Knowlmere St, Joe Morts, Con club. All the trips to Blackpool. Those were the days. Lots of happy times. Barrie Yates, Janet Gaines as was, Joan Wright as was now married to Bob Fletcher quite a famous Wild Life Artist now in the Lake District. By the way Bob all good boppers.
Cheers. Marion. x
Old 11-01-2010, 08:07   #11

Hi Barrie,
As Frank Eifield sang. "I remember you" xx
Old 11-01-2010, 08:08   #12

Yes we did wear navy knickers. It was to stop the GS boys from looking up you netball shirt when they used to hang around the railings having a perv.
Littlepom.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:09   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
I remember you very well Madam and your friend Doreen Mills, thank you Doreen XXXX
Hi Barrie,
Will try to find out how Doreen is getting on these days and will let you know.
Little pom. x
Old 11-01-2010, 08:30   #14
Senior Member+

Thanks M, would love to hear how Doreen is getting on. I never perved watching the netball - I was more for privacy :-)))
Old 11-01-2010, 08:39   #15
Senior Member+

Some happy memories there Little Pom - Particularly of a little blonde - white top, black belt, red skirt, whirling round at Knowlemere St - and other places. :-) Saturday in Blackpool, football match in the afternoon - I remember going with one girl to watch Blackpool play Arsenal, then fish and chips, the Tower or the Winter Gardens and then the Passion Wagon back home. Fantastic memories, there are many more, but not yet ready to tell them all - not yet :-)))

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..