Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2007, 12:28   #46

Re: Anyone Go to St. Christopher's C of E High?

i left st christiophers in 86.the headmaster was mr roberts.
finlore is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-07-2007, 14:19   #47
Senior Member+

Mr beilbys not there whittam is

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 12:21   #48
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by beechy View Post
hi im that old that i was one of the
first pupils through the doors way back
when a mr geddis was headmaster he
died shortly after opening then a mr jolley took over

i think memory not so good now
i know i was in bede
told you im losing it
first head master was mr killenbeck
died shortly after opening
ill just keep taking the pills

like i've never been gone
beechy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2011, 01:40   #49
Mog

Quote:
Originally Posted by beechy View Post
told you im losing it
first head master was mr killenbeck
died shortly after opening
ill just keep taking the pills
I was in Aden. I left in 1962 and was in 4 Alpha. Mr Rushton was our form teacher. New quite a few guys from Clayton. Maybe I knew you too.
Mog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2011, 18:11   #50

i went to st christophers after failing my 11plus .But we had to wait a year for it to be built and so went straight into year two. my favorite teacher was Mr Day the maths teacher i also remember Mr Rushton a form teacher. Mr Jolly the head Master seemed to be obsessed with not wearing highly polished wellington boots in school. i was a prefect and my best friend Heather Loveluck was head girl we stayed on to do our G C E s and left in 1964 i think.this is a photo of when i was in the netball team... does anyone remember way back then?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6510770773_e6eb9a0025_o.jpg (466.1 KB, 42 views)
HOTPOT47 likes this.
annerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2011, 06:43   #51
Mog

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerock View Post
i went to st christophers after failing my 11plus .But we had to wait a year for it to be built and so went straight into year two. my favorite teacher was Mr Day the maths teacher i also remember Mr Rushton a form teacher. Mr Jolly the head Master seemed to be obsessed with not wearing highly polished wellington boots in school. i was a prefect and my best friend Heather Loveluck was head girl we stayed on to do our G C E s and left in 1964 i think.this is a photo of when i was in the netball team... does anyone remember way back then?
You was in the year above me. My older brother Dave Stevenson was Head Boy for a while.He was in the same year as Geoff Taylor.His sister was in my year Carol Taylor. I do remember quite a few guys in your year but the names dont come easy. Allan Moon, Tony McVey. I do remember Heather. I remember these guys from my year. Ian Spencer. His sister would have been in your year. Allan Dodd, Marjory Mosbey, Eileen Stanton, Eileen Kenyon, Eileen Seymore, Martin Shepard. Allan Greenwood. One girl who I went through the whole school with was called Marjory Hindle. We used to dance for the school at various different functions and every dance class throughout our 4 years there. Last time I saw her was at the christmas party 1961 when we had our last dance together. Nice girl. Often wonderd what happened to her. Think Rod Hill was with us that night.
Old 28-12-2011, 07:08   #52
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Alan Dodds still around Mog, spoke to him last week.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:07   #53
Resting In Peace

I started there in 1961. I was in 1alpha and my first form teacher was Mrs Livesey, needlework teacher. I remember Jack Green, called everyone 'blossom', Mr Day, maths, Mrs Richards, deputy head, Mrs Thornton, Mr Boothe with his size ten slipper he kept on his desk. One time in the fourth year, a few of us were fed up of standing outside at lunch time, so my friend, Chris Riley [sadly passed away], decided to climb through the science room window and open the door to let us in. We then crept under the stage until it was time for the next lesson. How we weren't caught I have no idea. Some names, Helen Threlfall, Eileen Blezzard, Trish O'Connor, Marge Towneley, Geraldine Heys, Barbara Blank, Trevor Coulthurst, Derek Rimmington, Billy Moore, Pauline Taylor. Lots more I could go on forever. Happpy days.
lindashanks2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:47   #54
Mog

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindashanks2 View Post
I started there in 1961. I was in 1alpha and my first form teacher was Mrs Livesey, needlework teacher. I remember Jack Green, called everyone 'blossom', Mr Day, maths, Mrs Richards, deputy head, Mrs Thornton, Mr Boothe with his size ten slipper he kept on his desk. One time in the fourth year, a few of us were fed up of standing outside at lunch time, so my friend, Chris Riley [sadly passed away], decided to climb through the science room window and open the door to let us in. We then crept under the stage until it was time for the next lesson. How we weren't caught I have no idea. Some names, Helen Threlfall, Eileen Blezzard, Trish O'Connor, Marge Towneley, Geraldine Heys, Barbara Blank, Trevor Coulthurst, Derek Rimmington, Billy Moore, Pauline Taylor. Lots more I could go on forever. Happpy days.
I left in 62. Was in 4 Alpha Frank Rushton was our form teacher. Mr Joley was head and Mr Walker was Deputy head. Did you have an older brother called Allan.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:51   #55
Resting In Peace

No, two brothers, Norman and Tony Renton.
Old 04-05-2012, 18:20   #56
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindashanks2 View Post
Did you know Barry Jefferson by anychance?
Detentionagain likes this.
Old 06-05-2012, 14:15   #57
Resting In Peace

No, sorry. Name doesn't ring any bells.
Old 06-05-2012, 15:31   #58
Full Member+

I went there in the 70s
US Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 19:28   #59
God Member

i went to saint christophers in the 1980's.

i didnt last long i was quickly spotted by a teacher and put back into the correct school next door that matched my uniform

part of a silly game called see who can last teh longest in chrissys

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 06-05-2012 at 19:31.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 21:23   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
i went to saint christophers in the 1980's.

i didnt last long i was quickly spotted by a teacher and put back into the correct school next door that matched my uniform

part of a silly game called see who can last teh longest in chrissys
Just knew I knew you from somewhere!
wallop79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..